Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1375 Post(s)

extra battery needed?

i understand that an extra battery is used basically for "park and Pound" correct? however why then do high end car audio guys use 10+ batteries in their system. I have a rockford fosgate t1500-1bd running at two ohms at 1300 watts for my sub, and two rockford fosgate punch 200.2 amps to power my speakers. i only have the t1500 and one 200.2 hooked up at the moment, but when i put in the third amp will 1700 watts require a second battery? right now my lights dont dim at all.

MONSONwarrior is offline Constantly Rebuilding... MONSONwarrior is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: extra battery needed?

alternator size? big 3? how did you set up your amps?

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT
    Pioneer AVIC-U310BT | Eclipse SC6500 | MB Quart Q4.80
    (2) Fi BTL N2 12 in 4.5 cubes @ 33hz | Cactus K5 | XS D3100 & D3400 | Knu 0 Gauge | Big 3 | 250a Alt

Falcons is offline that **** i dont like

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1375 Post(s)

95 amp stock alt, no big three, and my amps are running at two ohms. 1300 watts for the sub and 200 for the speakers. 0 guage knukonceptz flex wire running to trunk, 4 guage knukonceptz flex wire running to amps after distribution block.

IonRL205 is offline DJ h4z4rdes IonRL205 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    946 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falcons03079313 View Post
    i understand that an extra battery is used basically for "park and Pound" correct? however why then do high end car audio guys use 10+ batteries in their system. I have a rockford fosgate t1500-1bd running at two ohms at 1300 watts for my sub, and two rockford fosgate punch 200.2 amps to power my speakers. i only have the t1500 and one 200.2 hooked up at the moment, but when i put in the third amp will 1700 watts require a second battery? right now my lights dont dim at all.
    People use extra batteries to supply their amps with power. Do you think your single car battery was designed to power 10,000+ watts? They need the batteries to keep a good voltage or else you'll lose power and could damage equipment if your voltage goes too low.

If you aren't having any voltage issues, then an extra battery isn't really required. Is your electrical completely stock or have you done some upgrades?

Headunit - Pioneer DEH-P8300UB
    Subs - None
    Sub Amp - 2x Crescendo 3kwp
    Front Stage - Polk Audio db651 Coaxial
    Front Amp - None

Quote Originally Posted by zako View Post
    Most properly done 15 inch subwoofers are not suited for car audio use simply due to box size requirements.

Falcons is offline that **** i dont like

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1375 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IonRL205 View Post
    People use extra batteries to supply their amps with power. Do you think your single car battery was designed to power 10,000+ watts? They need the batteries to keep a good voltage or else you'll lose power and could damage equipment if your voltage goes too low.

If you aren't having any voltage issues, then an extra battery isn't really required. Is your electrical completely stock or have you done some upgrades?
    completely stock. i havent messed with it since my lights arent dimming but i wasnt sure if doing so was causing some underlying damage or not.

Closed Thread

User Tag List