Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: 2 12' ddaudio 3500 or 2 12' solo x and what amp should i buy!

acsinoz is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2 12' ddaudio 3500 or 2 12' solo x and what amp should i buy!

Quote Originally Posted by sacsking916 View Post
    solo x's will take 3k daily each. yes the DD's will sound cleaner, but im almost sure the x's will get louder. X's want huge boxes whereas if i remember the DD's arent so space hungry. whats your electrical looking like? and what coil configuration are on those x's?

you should use the DD's and make me a sick deal on the solo x SPAIRS.
    well im like a beginner somewhat lol that my first/second audio system but i have everything stock i need an amp and i have those 2 setups i supposed in my house the dd are in a samll probox and the solos are in a super bass probox and so not that i have no idea what i am doing but i have sorta of an idea
    n the x are 2ohms

sacsking916 is offline stayin high an loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

first off your gonna need to boost your electrical before you put that much power in your car. to power to of those DD's or even 1 solo x your looking at lots of power. just saying. look ahead

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    King James has nothing on King Sac!

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acsinoz View Post
    well im like a beginner somewhat lol that my first/second audio system but i have everything stock i need an amp and i have those 2 setups i supposed in my house the dd are in a samll probox and the solos are in a super bass probox and so not that i have no idea what i am doing but i have sorta of an idea
    n the x are 2ohms
    Buy my 2512 and box and possibly a JL G1700

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

first off your gonna need to boost your electrical before you put that much power in your car. to power to of those DD's or even 1 solo x your looking at lots of power. just saying. look ahead
    yea i understand but i have a monte carlo 84 they really dont need much electrical stuff u know what i mean really just the lights i use no ac and well i have the subs i just dont know what amp i should buy around the 300 max price range

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

yea i understand but i have a monte carlo 84 they really dont need much electrical stuff u know what i mean really just the lights i use no ac and well i have the subs i just dont know what amp i should buy around the 300 max price range
    well all depends on the wattage your gonna run. when im done with my build i will have 1 solo x 12, running at 2ohms seeing almost 3k daily. and i got a 210a alt, and 2 extra bats in the rear. so thats what upgrades i did for 3k daily.

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE
    Sold to: imtjnotu; ace_800; omegabunny crazykenkid Bought from: El_weenie; fasfocus00; retroaudioinc; f1mclarenagr; jason19; tone415; twizted859; noph33rracing; tony30cl; carlosg_313 Traded with: Micah_Jones; MikeOfTulsa
    Apparently I was called out, or called a goat fucker, or something. I really have no idea. Im just along for the ride at this point.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well all depends on the wattage your gonna run. when im done with my build i will have 1 solo x 12, running at 2ohms seeing almost 3k daily. and i got a 210a alt, and 2 extra bats in the rear. so thats what upgrades i did for 3k daily.
    well im planing to upgrade it but how much did u approxmently spend? and i might just sell the solo x's but idk

Bettr n' Revrse is offline I do what I want

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

well im planing to upgrade it but how much did u approxmently spend? and i might just sell the solo x's but idk
    a new DC alt is like 400 and Batts it depends... you can get Dekas on here for 130 apiece used...

Western Rep.

99 Honda CRV: (Always Changing) ___________ 79 F-150: Show Truck ________________
    -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100________________ -Head Unit: Eclipse CD7100
    -Sub Stage: Sundown SD-2 8's sealed________ -Sub Stage: Looking
    -Mids/Highs: Deciding_____________________ -Mids/Highs: Scan Speak & Blaupunkt
    -Sub Amp: MMATS Hifi 6 channel____________ -Sub Amp: American Warrior Set (Zed Built)
    -Mid Amp: ^^^ 5/6 bridged at 1 ohm_________ -Mid Amp: ^^^

Kangaroux is offline I put on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bettr n' Revrse View Post
    a new DC alt is like 400 and Batts it depends... you can get Dekas on here for 130 apiece used...
    $120*

Excessive Amperage have some nice prices and all I've seen for reviews on here from people are that they are a solid company. I'll most likely be going to them if and when I decide to upgrade

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

A new alt was shy of 400. But being yours is an 80's small block Chevy its cheaper for yours. The some extra wires and terminals. Already had the one battery. Lemme know if you decide to sell them x's.

TEAM AUDIO TECHNIX
    TEAM SSC
    TEAM CADENCE

skylineTT is offline bass=sekz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

sell the solo X's, buy an alternator and a couple batts, and run the 3500's on 3K.

Refs: Dipitydoo, appollyon, bad95gt, revrider1, jwh1598, ampjunkielikeme, deathpenalty18, ssackett, snoopysnooper, corey0928, SPLAudio, Clifff150, CL1CKCLACK, ShawnT, West + more

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2