Closed Thread

Reload Thread: a little help!

token1er is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

a little help!

wasup everybody! i recently installed this setup last weekend and what im noticing is spring is here and my amps get HOT even before i turn on the car. i know it may be my black interior or the tinted rear windshield thats causing heat, so what im asking is how would you keep these amps cool? adding fans, moving to a different part of the vehicle? any suggestions welcome. thanx in advance

BTW the car is a 2000 Camaro

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Re: a little help!

Bump! maybe i should just put a bag of ice on top when it gets hot (j/k!)

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

yes, you could mount computer case cooling fan(s) to keep them cool. make sure you get the 12v ones, not the 5v fans. if you are just going to hook them to the remote turn-on from the hu, then it is a good idea to install a relay to drive all of your perephrials and trigger it by the hu..... they have all different kinds of cooling fans as far as design, colors, lighting, noise level, cfm, etc, so options are endless to meet your needs, and look good.

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

4. Thanks token1er thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akheathen View Post
    yes, you could mount computer case cooling fan(s) to keep them cool. make sure you get the 12v ones, not the 5v fans. if you are just going to hook them to the remote turn-on from the hu, then it is a good idea to install a relay to drive all of your perephrials and trigger it by the hu..... they have all different kinds of cooling fans as far as design, colors, lighting, noise level, cfm, etc, so options are endless to meet your needs, and look good.
    should water cooling be considered an option? i like the fan idea

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

it is possible, but real complicated. there is a guy selling some squirrel cages for $8ea. in the misc section

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

Closed Thread