Closed Thread

Reload Thread: what do you guys do with??

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what do you guys do with??

What do you do with broken amps that cant be repaired? Do you keep them around or do you toss them? I have an old alphasonik pma 1200d that went down on me 2 summers ago now that I took to the shop and wasnt able to be repaired, I still dont know why cuz it will now power up just no output. I dont want to trash it cuz i remember what i paid back in 03 from a store(no internet shopping for me then). I casing of it looks really good as i take care of my equipment it only has about 1260 hours of playing time according to the meter thats on it. Just dont want to throw it away, so what do you guys do?

n2caraudio is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: what do you guys do with??

Target practice!

n2caraudio is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But seriously, you could sell it for parts. I am sure there is someone out there who has one that works but the outside is beat up.

akheathen is offline trianoacitol contraceptiv akheathen is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

hmm, i have always kept them......... so, they didn't tell you why they couldn't fix it? do you have gut shots? just because your local shop says no, doesn't mean there is not someone out there that can't. biggest problem why they may not be fixed, is that the board is cooked through beyond useable, or a logic board needs replaced, and there is no parts to do so...

*IF I have forgotten to exchange feedback, please let me know*
    i buy broken amps....
    No, i will not "gift" paypal. please do not even make it awkward by asking. if the fees are an issue, I am usually inclined to add them. unless you have discount elsewhere, shipping is through usps flat rate, through usps parcel post, or through the roof..... i am in alaska. thanks
    -Heath H-

smgreen20 is offline phoenixphorum-com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cooked board is no excuse anymore, not after what I've seen someone do. Paper weight or sell it on ebay, here, there???? Someone would probably want it. It doesn't work anymore so keeping it just because you know what you paid for it isn't a good reason. In my book anyway. There are some brands that I'll collect, dead or working. Mostly older Clarion and PG.

My install
    http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998

ampjunkielikeme is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

list it on here for sale... someone will buy it...

references....RetroAudioinc, oldschool4me, diverdylan, keifersracing , path2spl , terra , mk_, jkd , orangecounty1, Memphis4L, Fusion_FREAK, IDSkoT, teenapp , JamesKarr , WildSebring , revrider , riogigalo , all_rice , NDMstang65, Louisiana_CRX, DrChronic , snoopdan , channaman, Virindok, AudioFreak. . and many many more...
    feedback thread for all who i have done business with
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388524
    old school is the best...
    C.A.A.A Member #3
    (Car Audio Addicts Anonymous)
    Quote Originally Posted by dB-r View Post
    ampjunkielikeme = dB-r

He is one of my disciples.

magnumsrt8215 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They didnt really say why its not working all i know is they had it for8 months, it cost me $200 in parts that they originally said would fix it that obviously did nothing except make it power up again, but after i contacted the bbb after feeling i was being given the run around they opted to give it back to me. Minus the 200. They gave me store credit isnt that wonderful? But i did put that credit to use at least somewhat. I have a tma1000.1 that i got for free, it played about 3 months then blew out and they fixed it for me so im not mad anymore about that. But I would love to be able to get the amp fixed. It was a great amp at least for me and my needs.

Closed Thread