Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good News People!

Well after being up all night last night with nothing to do, I started looking into getting myself a college degree. I decided that I am either going to go into Accounting or Computer Networking, maybe both if time permits. I've always been good at math, but only know bits and pieces about Computer Netorking, so I will definitely need some studying in that department. I graduated in 99, and hope I can remember some of the crap I learned in h.s. Anyhow, I went down to the college, the lady there was pretty helpful, pointed me in the right way, and was very supportive and understanding. Just thought I'd share this with everyone, maybe inspire somebody else also. If I can raise 2 kids, have a full time job, and go to college, anyone else can too.

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)
    good for you man....taking the initiative is half the battle....the rest is down hill from there....good luck....

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Good luck man, I hope you can still post on the forum though!!!

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

Phatillusion is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, I made a few calls today, I've got a scholarship I earned from h.s. that's still good for another 4 years or so! I also have a few other plans lined up in the way of getting some free $$ to help out. I am planning to ask the boss sometime closer to registration, whether they will let me go down from 40 hrs a week to around 30-34. I'm pretty sure that they will deny it, so I will probably be hunting a job down. As for posting on this site, I definitely won't have much time, maybe drop by every once in a while, see how things are going. I won't start until August though, so I do have some time
    I know have my major narrowed down, either Computer Networking or Computer Programming. Anyone w/ some helpful info that will help me decide between the two would be appreciated. I'm kind leaning toward Networking, so I can get an in depth view of how and what operates computers, then once I get my degree, I could take programming classes as time permits. Just need something I can make a good career out of, have fun, and make $$. Thanks.

Plater is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First off good for you

Secondly i am in electronics engineering technology and having taken 2 years so far i would say this to you.

I have done both programming and networking in my course.

If you have a good understanding of processes and the steps needed to do something from start to finish then take programming. But remember that sitting in front of a computer on a nice day for the rest of your life may not be for you.

Computer networking is a very interesting topic area because computers maybe be good when they work but a real pain in the *** when they don't . Networking will for sure offer you some interesting problems to solve.

Personally i would take networking but there is probally more money in programming. But networking with offer you (should) a varying array of problems to solve plus you probally won't be doing the same thing everyday.

Just my opinion from my experience in my field.

Good Luck

imral3 is offline Sponge Bob Rules !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey... after you graduate and get a good paying job you can finally change your signature to something impressive... lol.

good luck and good listening!

L8r

Phatillusion is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey... after you graduate and get a good paying job you can finally change your signature to something impressive... lol.
    You got that right. I've already got my future system mapped out. I've known what I want for a while now, not name brand wise, just what I want in my setup, coming up with the $$ has always been the problem. I do have to say though, I can't remember if it's mmray or what, but they say their wife is pretty strict about buying audio, car performance, etc., anyhow, my wife is pretty cool about that stuff, she likes good bass just as much as I do, and I know she wouldn't mind riding around in a speed demon. Thank goodness I know when to spend and when not to spend.

Closed Thread