Is this the order I should follow (so that I don't kill myself):
(amp will already be grounded, both fuses are in the amp, power wire has a fuse already on it)
first let me say that when people say disconnect the X terminal from the battery, that means to me, unscrew it and disconnect the wires connected to it - am I right?
1. unscrew screw from negative terminal
2. disconnect those wires already on the negative terminal
2. unscrew screw from positive terminal off battery
3. put my 8ga power wire's ring terminal on the positive terminal
4. screw back on the screw to the positive terminal
5. put the negative wires back on the negative terminal
6. screw back on the screw to the negative terminal
also, when I hook up the remote wire by the head unit, it's entirely disconnected from the head unit signal path right? So the blue wire from the car directly butt connects to the remote wire - it doesn't go through the harness or to the head unit or anything right? Just making sure.