Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon33 Need Help.....TRYING TO HOOK UP A CAR AMP TO HOME STEREO

I AM TRYING TO HOOK UP A SONY XPLOD AMP AND SUBS TO MY STEREO BUT I DONT KNOW WUT TO CONNECT OT REMOTE WIRE TO .. AND ALSO I READ IN THIS FORUM THAT I WOULD MESS UP THE AMP IS IT TRUE . ANY HELP APPRICIATED
    THANK YOU

Skool Of Hard Knocks

mykeys is offline URABUS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You need a power converter t do it and you will hook up the remote to the converter as well as the amp..just make sure you get one with ratings close to what your amp is gonna draw at max volume. by the time you get one big enough you will find it would have been easier to by a cheap home audio amp though

Mike

Your friendly neighborhood subaru freak!

mykeys is offline URABUS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have seen numerous people put car audio into their homes, and have it turn out well..You just cant use huge amps..A great deal of home audio is very expensive. So most will just run an amp for a sub and bring in the box to give em what they want..
    BTW we have a pretty good group here. and people that attack others for trying something different tend to get flamed pretty hard..Rangerman went ballistic about a month ago just because the guy had no clue and was talking trash about a newbies idiea.. If you are going to dissagree please be constructive..just some advice..I dont want this place to end like Sound Domain with a bunch of trash talkign rumore passing ole biddies.

Mike

Your friendly neighborhood subaru freak!

Plater is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you have a little bit of electronics back ground taking the 12 DC-DC up converter out a car amp and replacing it with a transformer, rectifier power supply u can use the car amp to power subs in your system. Fairly cheap way to make a powered sub that plugs into the AC mains.

-Plus the amp has a good heat sink
    -Farily cheap to do
    -Crossover built in
    -Most car amps are capable of higher outputs if the power supply in them was better that is why an amp rated at 14.4V has higher output power then rated at 12V

Just a thought

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You have got to be the stupidest muthaf!cker I've ever seen. Come on when you bought the AMP DID IT SAY CAR AUDIO ON IT? Was that not the first clue it's for a car and not your room? You've also got to be white trash, cuase only stupid *** people like you would do something so stupid. Just do like Mike says and spend some money and buy a HOME THEATER SPEAKERS SYSTEM maybe you'll be spending about 400 at the most, but there are cheaper models out there, do you even have a Home Audio/Video receiver or aer you hookiing it all up to your POS Aiwa Book shelf system? with a wire running directly from one of the 3.5" "so Called Woofer" Get real. You're Gay
    What was the purpose of your post. To insult somebody for simply asking a question? Instead of giving him the explaining things to him, you go and make a fool of yourself. I will keep that in mind next time you ask a question, don't be suprised if it goes unanswered by everyone. Who cares whether the amp said fire hazard on it, he bought it and wants to know how he can set it up in his HTS. Who knows maybe he got a good deal or whatever. Bottom line is: treat people the way you want to be treated, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. Knowledge is everything if you know how to use it.

mr.cableboi is offline Pimp Of The Year

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You've also got to be white trash, cuase only stupid *** people like you would do som

are you racist??

RockFord Fosgate owns

dbhittin is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dont fell bad, I run car **** on my sony reciever. The subs are just louder than the 200w max powered subs.My reciever pushes more than 500watts. so its pretty good. I haven't hooked up a amp yet, cause i dont know how to. Plus once i get my car done and get my liscens, then it all goes back into my car. Every one i know has hooked some kind of caraudio stuff up to a house system. I know tons of people. So dont diss on people who try it. Maybe he doesn't have a car or he doesn't have his liscens. Maybe he just wants more bass. If your going to diss on him then come diss on me. Im waiting. U cant do ****. so dont say ****. Your probly some weak *** ***** who thinks there all that,plus your sayin it over the internet, but come say **** like that to me in my face, and see what happins.
    Last edited by dbhittin; 04-18-2002 at 02:02 PM.

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by RFFreak4Life
    You have got to be the stupidest muthaf!cker I've ever seen. Come on when you bought the AMP DID IT SAY CAR AUDIO ON IT? Was that not the first clue it's for a car and not your room? You've also got to be white trash, cuase only stupid *** people like you would do something so stupid. Just do like Mike says and spend some money and buy a HOME THEATER SPEAKERS SYSTEM maybe you'll be spending about 400 at the most, but there are cheaper models out there, do you even have a Home Audio/Video receiver or aer you hookiing it all up to your POS Aiwa Book shelf system? with a wire running directly from one of the 3.5" "so Called Woofer" Get real. You're Gay

Brian

I wasnt talking about you MyKeys AKA Mike, Some poelp are so **** stupid
    Totally uncalled for, and completley unessesary....oh and by the way, IM WHITE, I'm not trash, and I'm not a stupid @$$ person either....dont do it again

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

phattyex is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by RFFreak4Life

Brian

I wasnt talking about you MyKeys AKA Mike, Some poelp are so **** stupid

YOU ARE THE JACK A**!

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    man to think of all the shops that uses the inverters for their sound rooms...didnt realize there were so many gays lol

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

phattyex is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    huh.. i thought all those amps in the sound room were hooked to there own little car

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    doh!!! that was my white trash side thinking....i should have known that

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

ace7733 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just gotta say lol @ audiolife

unicode2021 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need Help.....TRYING TO HOOK UP A CAR AMP TO HOME STEREO

I have don it, the easiest way to do so id use a Computer power supply, its 12 volts DC if you look at the fuses that will give you your AMP rating, in my case I have two (2) 30amp fuses so look @ the PC Power Supply and cut all of the Dongles off at the connector and use combine all of the +12 voltage wires together into the power input and leave 1 of the +12 volt wires for the remote and connect all of the ground wires to the ground just make sure your powersupply can push the amprage mine is a 1200 W power supply pushing 120 amps so I only needed to connect about half of the +12 volt lines and perfection!

Closed Thread