Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need Help on What Amp to Get!

FmJ x NuKez is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need Help on What Amp to Get!

I'm 15 and I want a really good setup when I get my car in December. I was thinking about getting 2 12" Alpine Type-Rs.

Link:
    Amazon.com: Alpine Type-R SWR-1242D - Car subwoofer driver - 500 Watt - 12": Electronics

Anyways, should I get 2 mono-channel amps or one 2-channel amp? I want the subs to reach full potential for the cheapest price, I'd like to buy an Alpine amp if possible. Also, what does a bridged amp mean and what do I need to know about Ohms? Sorry for all the questions, I'd appreciate it if someone could help me. Thanks.

kr15 is offline Polluting Residentials

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Need Help on What Amp to Get!

If you buy dual 2s you will get a 2ohm final load, in which case an Alpine 1000d would be perfect, if you buy d4, you need an amp that does power at 1ohm

Team Flex Issues
    45s out the trunk..lowww

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

daboyfrumdabx is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need Help on What Amp to Get!

Quote Originally Posted by kr15 View Post
    If you buy dual 2s you will get a 2ohm final load, in which case an Alpine 1000d would be perfect, if you buy d4, you need an amp that does power at 1ohm
    This. You don't need two amps or even two channels to run two subs. December is far enough away that I would advise making no purchases and reading through this forum until your head explodes. You'll end up with a much better system in the end, I promise.

*Sundown Z15 *SAX-1200D *CDT HD-61A *SAX-100.4 *Pioneer DEH-80PRS *KnuKonceptz *XS Power D3400 *270A Mechman

Sold to: blackbonnie, TheOneJordan, resko1, kr15, Zichardruniga, IBmikexxx, plugitin
    Bought from: Gruszka530, theMessenjah44, ltr450racer690, Dpc69ss, 97maxima(Here and ROE), Pillow(CACO), pro-rabbit, woofercooker, Twisted_0912

Closed Thread