Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need Someone Knowledgable With Kicker Amps

Astyl is offline Car Audio Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need Someone Knowledgable With Kicker Amps

Hey guys, I have some questions and am looking for someone that knows there stuff when it comes to kicker products.

First and Foremost, I work at a kicker retailer and as such I get redicilous discounts and deals on kicker products.. Since this is just my daily driver and im not looking for anything crazy, I recently picked up the 10DCVR122 Setup which is the Preloaded Kicker Box... It has Two 12" Kicker CVRs in a Kicker aeroported box wired at 2 ohms

Now comes the hard part, im looking to get an Amp to run this setup with, im looking at something with a straight 1000 watts RMS and have got it narrowed down to two items

The first one is the Kicker ZX Series, the 10ZX10001.. I have heard nothing but good things about the ZX series of kicker amps.. But as I was looking around, I noticed a new series called the IX series that I had never heard of before... and for only FIFTEEN dollers more I can get the 10IX10001... Both are Single Channel Mono Amps.. and both are rated for 1000 watts RMS... Which one is better?? Both are almost exactly the same price for me...

From what ive read online, the IX comes in a much smaller footprint.. and could possibly be more efficient as well?? Should I get the IX over the ZX series? I need some opinions on this please...

Also secondly, I noticed that these amps come with remote bass knobs... Do these control the Bass Boost (JUNK) or do they control the Actual Gain??? I am ONLY going to hook it up, if it is a remote gain knob and not going to bother if its just for bass boost

Thank you

Sub- Fi Fully Loaded 15" BTL
    Sub Amp- MTX TA92001 @ 1 ohm
    Sub Box- TCAB w/ External Aeros
    Front Stage- JBL 6.5" Components
    Cabin Amp- RF 25 to Life Punch150
    Electrical- 200A EA Alt / Kinetik HC2400 /
    Optima Redtop / Zero Guage Big Three

148.2 @ 44hz sealed @ the dash

Refs: Jeremiah, Terra, Shiipseki, Jbgabriel, SPL140.2, ssackett, Haunz, Me&MyVic, GetLikeMe

t-money is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Need Someone Knowledgable With Kicker Amps

Well first the remote bass knob is a remote gain and not a bass boost. Second i doubt you'll hear a difference in the two amps. The reason you may pick the IX is the small footprint. Not much people have experience with the IX line. If space isn't a issue get the zx, very good amps and efficient.

Astyl is offline Car Audio Enthusiast

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need Someone Knowledgable With Kicker Amps

Quote Originally Posted by t-money View Post
    Well first the remote bass knob is a remote gain and not a bass boost. Second i doubt you'll hear a difference in the two amps. The reason you may pick the IX is the small footprint. Not much people have experience with the IX line. If space isn't a issue get the zx, very good amps and efficient.
    Do you think the IX is more efficient then the ZX series??? The reason i ask this is because in all the videos I can find of them showcasing the IX series they all say that it never gets above room temperature... I have a ZX 4 channel amp for my cabin speakers that gets pretty toasty

Also this is going to be run on a mostly stock electrical system... all i have is a good aftermarket battery up front and the big 3 done in zero guage and thats it, so some extra efficiency wouldnt hurt.. space isent a issue at all

Sub- Fi Fully Loaded 15" BTL
    Sub Amp- MTX TA92001 @ 1 ohm
    Sub Box- TCAB w/ External Aeros
    Front Stage- JBL 6.5" Components
    Cabin Amp- RF 25 to Life Punch150
    Electrical- 200A EA Alt / Kinetik HC2400 /
    Optima Redtop / Zero Guage Big Three

148.2 @ 44hz sealed @ the dash

Refs: Jeremiah, Terra, Shiipseki, Jbgabriel, SPL140.2, ssackett, Haunz, Me&MyVic, GetLikeMe

Closed Thread