Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Sound Storm

Spawn20 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sound Storm

I just bought a Sound Storm F500.2 Force Amp at a local Expo Mart. It was about $140 w/Tax. I've never heard of the company, never seen any Sound Storm products in any local retailers. The only reason I got it was because I wanted an amp for under $150, and I didn't want to wait. I'm always in a hurry to buy. Anyways, another reason I pick up the Sound Storm Amp is because it had a 6 year factory warranty. What other name brand company offers that kind of warranty. None. So I figured it would be a decide amp to buy.

I'm also the type of person that has to have everything matching. The head unit, speakers, subs, amp has to be from the same brand name. I hate when people have different brands of equipment. Like a Sony headunit, and a Profile Amp, and Rockford subs. I just like to have unity.

So... Should I get all Sound Storm equipment??

What I am basically posting here for is to find out about this Sound Storm company in which I've never heard about. Does this company produce decide products or is it all crap and I shouldn't waste my time on it and never look at Sound Storm again?? Or is this a company that just needs a chance??

nosaj070 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sound Storm

Well, a trip to my local wal-mart gave me the oppurtunity to listen to some, well they are not good by any means. So my recomendation would be to return the amp, take the 150 bucks,get a much nicer amp online, and build a system out of that stuff. Patience will pay off in the long run.

Alpine CDA-7995, A/D/S 3 Series Comps, ED 8A, SoundStream Reference 604, 98 Civic Sedan
    AIM: nosaj070

forbidden is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Soundstorm Force amps do not make anywhere near the power that they claim, but as a dealer I was quite impressed with this series of amplifiers and once you find out the real power output, match it up to the proper speakers and expect great results. I actually had a way lower failure rate than I anticipated (Rockford was way way worse - Brand name is not everything now days) and you are right, the warranty is Kick a$$. The subs and speaker though leave a little to be desired. You would be well advised to have your system properly matched together for the best results. Not to pick on your beliefs, but do you have Levi's on with Levis socks, shirt and shoes or does your Ford have Ford oil, Ford gas, Ford tires... The best system is usually one that is matched together for your particular needs or that of the components capabilities. No two speakers sound alike, you should buy the ones that you like the sound of, fit your budget and fit your vehicle. The route to good sound starts at the cd player, it is your most important purchase, their is a drastic difference in sound quality between cd player, for example while we all have our favorite and least favorite brands, this is an opinion that everyone will have, but for the educated and informed consumer or someone like myself who has the luxury of selling multiple different brands over the years, I can sure as heck tell you with 100% certainty that an Eclipse will sound better than the Panasonic.

Yeah, whatever

dbhittin is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i ran some sound storm mids and they sounded better on rap music than my pioneer 4ways.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How will I be able to tell if something is good or not. I'm not very smart when it comes to car audio. I know how to hook a system up, that's about it. I know the name brands, but I can't afford it. When I bought the Sound Storm Amp I was hoping that maybe it just wasn't a popular brand name and the company did make quality equipment but just didn't have the advertising it needs to make it big. I've heard of Plye and Lecacy and they were crap. I was also looking at a Boss Amp at the Expo about the same price.

I basically need to learn what's good and what's not. What's worth my time and hard earned money and what's not. I don't have the money to buy the highest quality of equipment. I don't have the money to buy the Infinity Reference Type R's that I really want. ($200 for one). That burns a hole in the pocket.

I might just hook the amp up tomorrow to my 12" Lightning Audio Bolts to see if they sound any better then using the real crap of an amp I had before. The name brand of it was VR3. I think Roadmaster and Roadgear made it. Little 200W max power amp for $50 at Wal-Mart. The Lightning Audio Subs were also at Wal-Mart but at least they are an actaul name brand that everybody has heard of...

meanman101 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The best way to find out if something is good or not is by listing to it yourself. Because the only one that needs to be pleased is you. If you dont have the oportunity to hear the item in question then your doing a great job by asking on a forum like this. Here youll get feedback from others that have used that item and can give you an unbiased reveiw (most of the time).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What does the manual for the amp say that its rms is at 2 ohms? We can help suggest some decent subs that wont burn a hole in your pocket.

B_Master_Flash is offline Trust me, I'm a doctor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree w/ forbidden, sound storm is prolly one of the best crappy companies. Their stuff is rated at like 32v or something so they don't make near the power they claim, but if you really treat the sound storm right you will get your moneys worth. The only real complaint I have w/ them is how easily their stuff blows up. If you don't wire the amp to the power supply and the subs in a way they amp likes, it will die on you in a hurry. Be careful w/ your wiring and get used to using that 6yr warranty.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The amp is a Force F500.2

MAX Wat Ha - 500W x 2
    RMS Watts/CH at 4 ohms - 200W x 2
    Bridged Power at 4 ohms - 1000W x 1
    S/N Ration - 103dB
    Low Pass Crossover - Continuously variable 40Hz~150Hz
    High Pass Crossover - 200Hz
    Bass Boost - 0~+18dB
    Frequency Response - 9Hz~50KHz(+/-3dB)
    THD @ RMS Output - 0.01%
    Channel Separation - 90dB
    Damping Factor - 125+

The amp is 2 ohm stable in stereo mode.

That is the specs. on the amp.

Does anybody know, is there any other lesser known companies that sells decent quality audio equipment. I'm not planning on entering sound tournaments or anything.. just as long as it will last a decently long time and will turn heads..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just a few that Ive used that I consider to be reliable and a good bang for the buck are:

Lanzar
    Visonik

http://www.splbassx.com/forums

celicaca is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i like dual.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Before I get ANYTHING ELSE. The first thing I really want is a new head unit. I have an old Jensen I got from Wal-Mart last year. I want a better one. I do like it, but I want one with more features. What brand want you suggest??

I was thinking of a Pioneer, I'm not sure though..

Closed Thread