Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: sundown sax 1200d or planet audio bb2400.1 on 3 12's

mscott1979 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sundown sax 1200d or planet audio bb2400.1 on 3 12's

well i fried my 5 channel along with my 2 12's so now i guess its time for a change....plan on running (3) eclipse sw8210 or re audio se's and was wondering which amp would be better out of these two

below the mason dixon is where im from

Boomsday is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Re: sundown sax 1200d or planet audio bb2400.1 on 3 12's

the pa..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

u serious about that, not trying to question ure knowledge of either, but all the threads i've read sundown pretty much is everybody's choice when it comes to comparisons. Are u saying this because of raw power dollar per watt or just because u think the pa would be a better more stable choice for 3 subs. I assume the sundown would have better sq correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mscott1979 View Post
    u serious about that, not trying to question ure knowledge of either, but all the threads i've read sundown pretty much is everybody's choice when it comes to comparisons. Are u saying this because of raw power dollar per watt or just because u think the pa would be a better more stable choice for 3 subs. I assume the sundown would have better sq correct?
    yes im serious, not a nuthugger like most of the forum

Anywho I enjoy having to much power then not enough power, and some people will say the Sundown will do 1.5k yea thats fine, but in a daily setup you will rarely see that out of that amp..The PA should do about 2kdaily easy, should be about the same price, and im assuming you will buy it new so you will get a warranty..I see no reason not to go with it over the pa, unless you are simply nuthuggin

and u will not notice a difference in sq from a sub amp, and if anybody says different they are liars

5. Thanks mscott1979 thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

man thats wat i call advice....u dont know how much i really appreciate ure honesty and ure right, there is a lot of bandwagoning going on around here. You understood wat i was saying, took wat i gave u, and gave me ure honest opinion. Yes ure right im buying it brand new today as a matter of fact and i really was undecided and thought about going w/ the sundown cause that seems like a more popular choice on the boards, but i really, really have had my eye on that pa for a while now and since u say it should easily push 3 600-750 watt subs with ease that's wat im going with

thanks a lot boomsday

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

man thats wat i call advice....u dont know how much i really appreciate ure honesty and ure right, there is a lot of bandwagoning going on around here. You understood wat i was saying, took wat i gave u, and gave me ure honest opinion. Yes ure right im buying it brand new today as a matter of fact and i really was undecided and thought about going w/ the sundown cause that seems like a more popular choice on the boards, but i really, really have had my eye on that pa for a while now and since u say it should easily push 3 600-750 watt subs with ease that's wat im going with

thanks a lot boomsday

Honestly though there are a few other amps in the power range I would consider, but Im not sure how much your paying for the Pa, just whatever you decide make sure you have the electrical to back it..

Flastrongman is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The pa will do more power for sure. As reliable, no. Good advice from boomsday. Make sure you have the electrical to back that amp up. I put one in my buddy's truck and it did not last long on his crappy electrical.

Refs: diyma-sold to:Mazda3SQ CA.com-traded:matrxx dude CACO- Sold to: Ajax_6154, brandonb1029, TeejayBee traded with: papito FLSPL- Bought from:98chevySPL, JBLCAMRY, traded with:97montecarlo, thumpenranger

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have already done big 3 with 1/0 gauge throughout 0ptima red top up front for starting and yellow top deep cycle in back will this suffice or do i need to do more? I plan on upgrading the alternator but for right now (even w/ the underdrive pulley on it which i didnt install) the car idles at 12.5 and holds 14.0-14.5 while im driving will this be ok for the pa? What was wrong with ure friends electrical

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

reliability is a must since this is going to be my daily...I dont abuse my stuff but coming from using a RF power1000 for the last 2 years which gave me no problems whatsoever to a amp that's going to b a headache at every turn would be a nightmare lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would get the PA 2400. The Sundown is the better amp, but its always better to have more headroom.

and to the ******* who calls people nuthuggers because they support a brand. You're an idiot, These people arent nuthuggers. They are suggesting a brand that has proven to be reliable, powerful, with great customer service. That isnt nuthugging, that is the difinition of helping a member of this forum out.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Law.Lulz View Post
    I would get the PA 2400. The Sundown is the better amp, but its always better to have more headroom.

and to the ******* who calls people nuthuggers because they support a brand. You're an idiot, These people arent nuthuggers. They are suggesting a brand that has proven to be reliable, powerful, with great customer service. That isnt nuthugging, that is the difinition of helping a member of this forum out.
    thanks for the advice that's three for the pa....i dont think he meant any harm to anybody on the boards as a matter of fact under different circumstances he prolly would have suggested sundown too, i'm pretty sure he's talking about ppl that blindly say a brand just b/c everybody else talks about it w/out any prior knowledge of that brand just going along w/ wat everybody else says. All yall's advice is very helpful to me and i've been around car audio every since i started driving, that doesnt mean im going to suggest a brand that i havent used that's why i asked about these two brands, never even heard either played before

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the advice that's three for the pa....i dont think he meant any harm to anybody on the boards as a matter of fact under different circumstances he prolly would have suggested sundown too, i'm pretty sure he's talking about ppl that blindly say a brand just b/c everybody else talks about it w/out any prior knowledge of that brand just going along w/ wat everybody else says. All yall's advice is very helpful to me and i've been around car audio every since i started driving, that doesnt mean im going to suggest a brand that i havent used that's why i asked about these two brands, never even heard either played before
    If you have the budget, try to get an AQ 2200. Excellent amp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Law.Lulz View Post

and to the ******* who calls people nuthuggers because they support a brand. You're an idiot, These people arent nuthuggers. They are suggesting a brand that has proven to be reliable, powerful, with great customer service. That isnt nut hugging, that is the difinition of helping a member of this forum out.

Nut hugging to me is suggesting a product that you have never used, and just as many people that do not own the product will come in a talk just as much if not more about the product then people that do own one...Call me a ******* but im not gonna trust a guy on an online forum that has never used the product he is suggesting, thats what a ******* would do

BTW I own a sundown 3k great amps, but in the op situation, the sundown will not be the amp that anyone with half a brain should suggest

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flastrongman View Post
    The pa will do more power for sure. As reliable, no. Good advice from boomsday. Make sure you have the electrical to back that amp up. I put one in my buddy's truck and it did not last long on his crappy electrical.
    I have had just a good of luck with pa as sundown

roarzorz is offline lulzorz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No doubt the Planet Audio is the stronger of those two choices.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast