Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Quality of jbl amplifiers

solidcrowd is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Quality of jbl amplifiers

GTO1200.1 was just as good as my kicker zx1000.1, if not better. Both claimed to put out ~1,100rms. If I had to buy again, I'd pick the GTO over the kicker. Love the plexi glass look

Car: 2004 Malibu Classic
    Headunit: JVC KD-AHD69
    Frontstage: Bravox CX50Ks
    Frontstage Amp: Ecplipse EA2212
    Substage: 12" SI Mag Claw V1 (V3 soft part recone)
    Substage Amp: Cerwin Vega EXL-1200D
    Enclosure: 2.5 cuft. @ 32hz, 4" Flared Aeroport
    Wiring: KNU 4 gauge

References: SPLaudio, 1mtx1, psychoacoustics, rpfuror, Bimma85

gunz4me2 is offline Bat Country

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I liked the BPX series with Crown Technology in the earlier days of Class D subwoofer amplifiers. Of course I wouldn't go out on a limb and say the BPX offered any audible improvements over the Rockford Fosgate Power BD series or Crossfire BMF1000d I owned from about the same time period.

VWBobby is offline PG and SS nuthugger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I was looking at the GTO's a couple months back and noticed a bunch of factory refurb's on ebay. Is it from noobs hooking them up wrong/clipping or are they prone to failure? I just get concerned when I see a particular brand/model refurbed on ebay a lot.

cleansoundzz is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VWBobby View Post
    I was looking at the GTO's a couple months back and noticed a bunch of factory refurb's on ebay. Is it from noobs hooking them up wrong/clipping or are they prone to failure? I just get concerned when I see a particular brand/model refurbed on ebay a lot.
    I noticed the same thing. A lot of them were being sold directly from Harmon.

02 4-Runner-Alpe CDE-HD148BT-Acntrl Mtrix-CDT SQA-4075 on Crssfre Sprates-RF T1000-1BDCP on RF T1 15@34hz
    90 300zx-Alpe CDE-147BT-Acntrl Matrix-RF T400-4 on Crssfre Separates-RF T500-1BDCP on NVX XQW104 @35hz

REFERENCES: BEATNOUTDAFRAME, VIVEET, CX-7HEAVEN, GMAN42, SUNDOWNZ, ZERMELO, M3NTAL, GAM3OVR, HEMI=22s, PROJECTPECKIN, KRISFNBZ, WHEELIEKING71, MR. RONIN-2U, ROBERTQ, DJM4RSHM21LOW, BLACKBONNIE, GYMFREAK101, STUCKINOK, SIACARMAN, ONEINTHESAC, 97SRAD750, ETC AND MANY MANY MORE[/FONT]
    Formerly cleansoundz

hispls is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VWBobby View Post
    I'd chalk most of it up to user incompetence. Of course Harmon/JBL/infinity makes a shitload of gear so law of averages say they would have a good ammount of factory defectives too.

I bought one of the refurbs for a friend's car and I though it was a great amp for the money and we didn't have any reliability issues with it. All in all, I've had good luck with all te Harmon/JBL/INFINITY products I've used ever and I've used quite a few. IMO same quality or better than most of the really big brands (Kenwood, Alpine, RF, Pioneer, etc.) and generally a better price.

We are talking about the company that made the GTi subwoofers and the Crown amps... They have low mid and high end offerings and all IMO are pretty competitive in their classes.

6. Thanks cleansoundzz thanked for this post
    FIMPALASS is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My 755.6 is a very solid amp and has taken a beating. The only thing I don't like about it is that has plastic mounting feet that have broken on me twice.

96 Impala SS
    22's Slammed on Airbags
    3 Way Active Morel front stage
    Substage in the works......

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    I'd chalk most of it up to user incompetence. Of course Harmon/JBL/infinity makes a shitload of gear so law of averages say they would have a good ammount of factory defectives too.

I bought one of the refurbs for a friend's car and I though it was a great amp for the money and we didn't have any reliability issues with it. All in all, I've had good luck with all te Harmon/JBL/INFINITY products I've used ever and I've used quite a few. IMO same quality or better than most of the really big brands (Kenwood, Alpine, RF, Pioneer, etc.) and generally a better price.

We are talking about the company that made the GTi subwoofers and the Crown amps... They have low mid and high end offerings and all IMO are pretty competitive in their classes.
    This makes me wonder why I never read about people using JBL amps or woofers. I guess they are not the internet boners like Sundown, RD Audio, Stetsom, etc. Also I have noticed that a lot of older people use the JBL products.

02 4-Runner-Alpe CDE-HD148BT-Acntrl Mtrix-CDT SQA-4075 on Crssfre Sprates-RF T1000-1BDCP on RF T1 15@34hz
    90 300zx-Alpe CDE-147BT-Acntrl Matrix-RF T400-4 on Crssfre Separates-RF T500-1BDCP on NVX XQW104 @35hz

REFERENCES: BEATNOUTDAFRAME, VIVEET, CX-7HEAVEN, GMAN42, SUNDOWNZ, ZERMELO, M3NTAL, GAM3OVR, HEMI=22s, PROJECTPECKIN, KRISFNBZ, WHEELIEKING71, MR. RONIN-2U, ROBERTQ, DJM4RSHM21LOW, BLACKBONNIE, GYMFREAK101, STUCKINOK, SIACARMAN, ONEINTHESAC, 97SRAD750, ETC AND MANY MANY MORE[/FONT]
    Formerly cleansoundz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Overall based on what I have read from this thread JBL are a good buy.

Formerly cleansoundz

Rocken JBL is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have been with JBL for about three years and I have not used any other amplifier for more than a few days and had to switch back to my babies haha. I have never heard a more cleaner sound from any amplifier as far as SQL goes I love JBL amplifiers. I have a 1400.1 a 700.1 and a A605 all great amps.

Cruzer is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if the price is right jbl is fine, but looking at their mono amps, and the prices, u can get more power for the same money.

their 2/4 channels looked good on prices though

Head Unit: Pioneer 800PRS | Tweets: Vifa BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome | Mids: Dayton RS180 | Speaker Amp: Infinity Kappa Four | Sub: Dayton HO 15" | Sub Amp: AQ1200D
    refs:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/485413-cruzer-feedback.html
    Legal disclaimer... this is my own personal opinion that I have made from my own personal experience and based on my own personal tastes. At no time have I implied that anyone is wrong in their own opinions and you need to make a decision based on your own opinions.

solidcrowd is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mine was a factory refurb (1200.1), seemed brand new. I feel more comfortable going with refurbs. They were already broken/defective and the problem(s) have been addressed and fixed.

Car: 2004 Malibu Classic
    Headunit: JVC KD-AHD69
    Frontstage: Bravox CX50Ks
    Frontstage Amp: Ecplipse EA2212
    Substage: 12" SI Mag Claw V1 (V3 soft part recone)
    Substage Amp: Cerwin Vega EXL-1200D
    Enclosure: 2.5 cuft. @ 32hz, 4" Flared Aeroport
    Wiring: KNU 4 gauge

References: SPLaudio, 1mtx1, psychoacoustics, rpfuror, Bimma85

lovephil is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dragnix View Post
    cost
    lol. i totally agree.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Refurbished amps typically come at a better price as well.

Formerly cleansoundz

d77543020 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

jbl has always been solid but i dont see to many people running them there new line of coaxial speakers and components sound amazing

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I wish I would have known about JBL 4 years ago. I could have saved myself lots and lots of money. All of their mono amps are 2 ohm amps and I always run my subwoofers at 2 ohms.

Formerly cleansoundz

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast