Closed Thread
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: Fixing Broken Car Amps

big bass joel is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Re: Fixing Broken Car Amps

Yeh to goood to be true!

bubbagumper6 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    859 Post(s)

Any technician who's worth a damn has burned up $25 worth of his time just by opening the amp and looking at it.

dB-r is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

We are a full time repair shop, we do it for a living here.... If your a hobbyist, AND YOU ARE GOOD, I don't have a problem sending people to you for $25 repairs on stuff I don't want to work on, but then you see this stuff here on the forum.... Repairing amps just isn't "for" everyone.... The reason I don't have much help here is it's hard to train new guys to solder correctly, desolder correctly, troubleshoot correctly on 20 different designs of amplifiers, and even just take stuff apart and put it back together properly is a struggle for some.... Anyone starting out repairing amps has to start at the bottom of the barrel. For a while.... I did it 2 years locally before I was confident enough to take my business online. Had to make sure my skills were up to par before I started tearing into 5,000 watt amps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Also, before people start throwing this out there... We aren't perfect either, we make mistakes (sometimes, not often) and sometimes have slow turnaround times, especially on PITA amps or amps that we really didn't want to work on in the first place. dB-r isn't perfect either, but man we sure do try to make everyone happy, and stay in business in the process, so far I think we have done a good job, we have very few unhappy customers and LOTS of happy ones. I guess can't complain about that!

XxedgarxX is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MIKE i want a refund when ever you see this no butts no tomorrows iit has been a long time and you havent communicate at all
    175 here is my paypal [email protected]
    THIS IS FOR THE KICKER KX2500

with db-r the only reason i didn't sent it to him was due to he didn't work on my kind of amp and i saw all of mikes comments and they were good but i guess people never open their amps and see what he did...

bubbagumper6 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    859 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dB-r View Post
    We are a full time repair shop, we do it for a living here.... If your a hobbyist, AND YOU ARE GOOD, I don't have a problem sending people to you for $25 repairs on stuff I don't want to work on, but then you see this stuff here on the forum.... Repairing amps just isn't "for" everyone.... The reason I don't have much help here is it's hard to train new guys to solder correctly, desolder correctly, troubleshoot correctly on 20 different designs of amplifiers, and even just take stuff apart and put it back together properly is a struggle for some.... Anyone starting out repairing amps has to start at the bottom of the barrel. For a while.... I did it 2 years locally before I was confident enough to take my business online. Had to make sure my skills were up to par before I started tearing into 5,000 watt amps.
    I can solder like no other but man, trying to chase down problems in a 3kw amplifier is pretty darn hard. It's like an art of it's own...

jco1385 is offline expert jcologist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

glad i didnt send my 1501d'z

whew!

1994 Thunderbird
    JVC KD-AV7010
    Alpine 6x9 3-ways
    Pioneer 6x8 3-ways (rear)
    JVC CH-X1500 12-disc MP3 Changer
    Alpine Type X 12" 2 cubes @ 30hz
    MTX 404 runs the inside
    MTX 1501d runs the X
    Optima G75/25 RT up front
    2x Optima G31 YT in the trunk
    200a EA HO Alt (1/0 Big 3)
    ALL MY WIRE IS WELDING CABLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    I always knew I was a feggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashaddd View Post
    We're all feggots on the inside
    Quote Originally Posted by ToledoTom View Post
    I am sure the administration will be having a few words with you when they catch wind of your language.
    DO NOT SEND ME ANYTHING USING UPS. I WILL NOT DEAL WITH THEM EVER AGAIN
    OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

1501d's, Kicker 2500's, etc, is not something we work on, so that can be a problem, a lot of the "broken" stuff out there is those types of amps, and we just don't work on those here. HOWEVER, if you go to our website and fill out a ticket we can refer you to other shops that will work on your brands of amps, so it's win/win, even if we don't work on it, we can send you somewhere that can, and we will not refer customers to shops that aren't proven, so way better than cruising the internet looking for a random repair shop.

mike49504 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im am not giving you a refund on the repair for your mp Kicker 2500.1 I have time and money into parts for that amp. I have all new parts here for it. I am way behind on repairs and such and im working day and night to get all amps done i have here. Im trying to get theese amps out within the next week or 2 not just some of them BUT ALL OF THEM. I will send you the money for return shipping for the amp if you want but i will not give you a refund since i have money into parts for the power supply section and time.

hzsogood is offline **The Clean South**

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mike. You do understand why everyone is getting extremely annoyed and impatient right? Not only broken promises and complete lack of communication. But amps you say are done or have been done will be " sent out tomorrow". Well people have heard all this for weeks and are frustrated because your not sending them out. If it's done and paid for, it's not hard to send it out!

Ref: Zeuslicious -

2 DC lvl3 12's
    Memphis Mc-1000d
    46 hz 146.8 new TL

slim2fattycake is offline rolling right along

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    155 Post(s)

yup exactly. I have waited since I think like October?

SPL-Lab REP

Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mike49504 View Post
    Im am not giving you a refund on the repair for your mp Kicker 2500.1 I have time and money into parts for that amp. I have all new parts here for it. I am way behind on repairs and such and im working day and night to get all amps done i have here. Im trying to get theese amps out within the next week or 2 not just some of them BUT ALL OF THEM. I will send you the money for return shipping for the amp if you want but i will not give you a refund since i have money into parts for the power supply section and time.
    i spent 100 dollars just to ship the amp to you and back to me. now i dont want to wait more time im just going to send out to some one else, you can take out whatever the parts cost you, fets are not that expensive 50 dollars tops.
    and its not my fault that you sent out the amp like that and its no mistake at all who ever worked on it knew what they were doing cause im sure you dont just find random screws

Quote Originally Posted by hzsogood View Post
    Mike. You do understand why everyone is getting extremely annoyed and impatient right? Not only broken promises and complete lack of communication. But amps you say are done or have been done will be " sent out tomorrow". Well people have heard all this for weeks and are frustrated because your not sending them out. If it's done and paid for, it's not hard to send it out!
    thats what happen to me 3 weeks to send out the amp i was really patient but i had enough with all the promises and then another 3 weeks of being gone without any communication even tho he got the forum but didnt repply

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dB-r View Post
    1501d's, Kicker 2500's, etc, is not something we work on, so that can be a problem, a lot of the "broken" stuff out there is those types of amps, and we just don't work on those here. HOWEVER, if you go to our website and fill out a ticket we can refer you to other shops that will work on your brands of amps, so it's win/win, even if we don't work on it, we can send you somewhere that can, and we will not refer customers to shops that aren't proven, so way better than cruising the internet looking for a random repair shop.
    thats what im doing im just waiting on what mike is going to say about the refund

matt_bennett05 is offline mattchoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

And any way you can give an updated list to try and straighten things out a bit? I'm sure a LOT of people would appreciate it.

D.D.Q.F.

Traded with : norrizzle9, BassAddictJ (x2), TWiZTid859, btr, btdickey, mylows10, Sour_Deez, El_Weenie;
    Bought from : NeilBarber, kurtbeast, bubbagumper, cd6551,
    mistergrubbs, gbo559, ltr450racer690, nismos14, ptcmarty,

mike49504 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you want the money to ship the kicker back to me? If so i will send the money as soon as i hear something from you . The cost is 30.77 thru fedex to ship the amp Let me know

Closed Thread
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

User Tag List