+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: Fixing Broken Car Amps

XxedgarxX is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Fixing Broken Car Amps

Quote Originally Posted by kmanian View Post
    looks like Edgar is pissed!

Mike you do owe these guys the communication the deserve. you may come out of this with your azz if you s uck it up and do so.
    yeah am i paid him and he took like 2 months to send it back and to find out he put in old parts and it has a missing fet missing screws

hzsogood is offline **The Clean South**

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bump. Just because....

Ref: Zeuslicious -

2 DC lvl3 12's
    Memphis Mc-1000d
    46 hz 146.8 new TL

gammey4 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got a tracking number today! Stuff should be here on the 23rd so I can check out his repair work.

hzsogood is offline **The Clean South**

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nothing for me. He had my amps finished as was paid 2/25/2011

Ref: Zeuslicious -

2 DC lvl3 12's
    Memphis Mc-1000d
    46 hz 146.8 new TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gammey4 View Post
    I got a tracking number today! Stuff should be here on the 23rd so I can check out his repair work.

yeah hope yours doesnt come in like mine and im still waiting for him to repply to me

Wingman0121 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Now just a question for all you guys wondering where your amp is... why would you send your expensive amp to some random dude on the internet and not to an actual shop? Not to discredit Mike but seems like there's a problem.

There's a electronic repair shop that also repairs car audio amps about 2 hours away from me, it's called Elite Services in Eau Claire WI. They repaired my Proton D1200 home amp a few years ago, took them about two months(it was a hard one I was told) but the repair was done well AND they tested it in front of me when I went to pick it up. They have a physical shop and address plus they've been there for many years so in case if there's a problem you won't be left out in the cold.

Check it out...

eliteserviceonline.com

Sold to: Mills561, Kross6622, sleazebagger, shpatb, esmokah
    Traded: Kross6622
    Bought from: DJ Nitrous 427, 97maxima

audiophile831 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mike fixed an american bass vfl 500.1 that i sent him. Comunication was great at the beginning but ****** after i gave him a deposit for parts. He had the amp for well over a month. When he emailed me that he would need the rest of the money as he had finished the amp and needed payment to ship, i paid him the next day. I then got promised several times that my amp would get shipped so and so day and didnt happen. It went on like this for about 2 weeks until i lost my patience and was pretty much hounding him everyday until he shipped it. I got the amp and tested it and would not power on. I flipped the amp around and was missing some screws on the back cover. All screws where there before. I opened it to find that there was some metal bars that were not soldered to the board properly. I pushed these in and amp powered right up. At that point i wanted to call mike out on this but really didnt want to Spend money shipping it out to him again and not knowing when i would get it back. I took it to a local tv repair shop and charged me 30 bucks to solder those bars back to the board. The guy at the repair shop said work was done around the area where the soldering was needed. Amp works great tho. The packaging when mike returned me the amp ******. Was not really padded as well as when i shipped it to him. Mike might do good work but i think he has taken on too much work as to what he can handle. I think if he doesnt improve his comunication, no matter how affordable repair services he offers he simply wont last long here much longer.

REFS:

Sold to: 2low2flo, Agiletick, Eutechnyx, jamie68
    Bought From: norrizzle90, Nickatina, Carnivorous18
    Traded: Dbeez, 350zspl, SoCalNoob

My Feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/489388-audiophile831.html

05fronty is offline SALT PETER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman0121 View Post
    Now just a question for all you guys wondering where your amp is... why would you send your expensive amp to some random dude on the internet and not to an actual shop? Not to discredit Mike but seems like there's a problem.

There's a electronic repair shop that also repairs car audio amps about 2 hours away from me, it's called Elite Services in Eau Claire WI. They repaired my Proton D1200 home amp a few years ago, took them about two months(it was a hard one I was told) but the repair was done well AND they tested it in front of me when I went to pick it up. They have a physical shop and address plus they've been there for many years so in case if there's a problem you won't be left out in the cold.

Check it out...

eliteserviceonline.com
    this

bought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

"noobs that come in the dome will get gang raped!"
    nothing but a stock fosgate system with gps and back up camera lol
    2012 nissan sentra spec v with some goodies cumming though

gammey4 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To all those that have nothing usefull to add I think we all see the error of our ways. At this point we all are trying to get our gear back and just move on. The post's asking why we did it or saying this is what happens when joe schom fixes your amp or whatever arent helping anyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiophile831 View Post
    Mike fixed an american bass vfl 500.1 that i sent him. Comunication was great at the beginning but ****** after i gave him a deposit for parts. He had the amp for well over a month. When he emailed me that he would need the rest of the money as he had finished the amp and needed payment to ship, i paid him the next day. I then got promised several times that my amp would get shipped so and so day and didnt happen. It went on like this for about 2 weeks until i lost my patience and was pretty much hounding him everyday until he shipped it. I got the amp and tested it and would not power on. I flipped the amp around and was missing some screws on the back cover. All screws where there before. I opened it to find that there was some metal bars that were not soldered to the board properly. I pushed these in and amp powered right up. At that point i wanted to call mike out on this but really didnt want to Spend money shipping it out to him again and not knowing when i would get it back. I took it to a local tv repair shop and charged me 30 bucks to solder those bars back to the board. The guy at the repair shop said work was done around the area where the soldering was needed. Amp works great tho. The packaging when mike returned me the amp ******. Was not really padded as well as when i shipped it to him. Mike might do good work but i think he has taken on too much work as to what he can handle. I think if he doesnt improve his comunication, no matter how affordable repair services he offers he simply wont last long here much longer.

same thing happen to me even tho i havent added power to mine yet you can see pics a couple pages back

dB-r is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HMMM... This must be why we have gotten so busy lately here at dB-r.....

Thanks to all the customers who support us and refer business to us etc. We do appreciate it. We are expanding to handle more amplifier repairs than we ever have in the past, but STILL, sorry, the only problem that some people have with us is that we don't service ALL amplifiers... That, unfortunately isn't changing much. BUT, for the amps that we do service, things are speeding up already. In the past it's only been myself and 1 other guy, and we can bust our butts and get a bunch of amps done and shipped, and then when the UPS man shows up, here we go again, 5-6 new boxes of amps coming in at a time, sometimes every day.... SO I finally found a guy here local that is capable and training him right now, so far he is doing good, so we will have a 3rd person here. I know that doesn't seem like much, but since we are such a small outfit, adding even 1 more worker adds 33% to our capacity, so it is a big deal.

Looking forward to doing more business with you guys. I know I personally haven't been on these forums much (any of the popular car audio forums) but that's just because I am so busy! Good to see things haven't changed much here, just mainly the layout.

05fronty is offline SALT PETER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dB-r View Post
    HMMM... This must be why we have gotten so busy lately here at dB-r.....

Thanks to all the customers who support us and refer business to us etc. We do appreciate it. We are expanding to handle more amplifier repairs than we ever have in the past, but STILL, sorry, the only problem that some people have with us is that we don't service ALL amplifiers... That, unfortunately isn't changing much. BUT, for the amps that we do service, things are speeding up already. In the past it's only been myself and 1 other guy, and we can bust our butts and get a bunch of amps done and shipped, and then when the UPS man shows up, here we go again, 5-6 new boxes of amps coming in at a time, sometimes every day.... SO I finally found a guy here local that is capable and training him right now, so far he is doing good, so we will have a 3rd person here. I know that doesn't seem like much, but since we are such a small outfit, adding even 1 more worker adds 33% to our capacity, so it is a big deal.

Looking forward to doing more business with you guys. I know I personally haven't been on these forums much (any of the popular car audio forums) but that's just because I am so busy! Good to see things haven't changed much here, just mainly the layout.
    this guy does good work

bought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

"noobs that come in the dome will get gang raped!"
    nothing but a stock fosgate system with gps and back up camera lol
    2012 nissan sentra spec v with some goodies cumming though

big bass joel is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes chris at dbr communicates!

slim2fattycake is offline rolling right along

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I sent mike a small amp to fix at first and it was fine so that's when I sent him the other amps. I ended up trading 2 amps for fixing one amp. I would definitely send it to chris if he accepted amps as payment. But now I guess I'm out 3 amps and nothing.

SPL-Lab REP

Want an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has more features and support? PM me.

dB-r is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man that *****, and no we have too many amps in storage as it is, need to sell them off, have a big yard sale or something here, LOL... You can imagine what the ad in the paper would say...... We are close to hempstead and prairie view...

The only other shops that we REALLY recommend using is Ampmedics (he does good work) or Zed Audio (older stuff). For Best Buy type stuff, like RF, Kicker, etc, we send to a shop in Louisiana called Audio Connection, I haven't heard any complaints about him so far.... Ampmedics, in my opinion, is the best alternative shop, BUT he like us only works on certain amps, he does do Kicker, but doesn't do RF, JL, etc.... So we can't refer everything that we don't do to him. He does great work also, and his prices are about like ours.

I remember seeing this post here months ago, and the price ($25) and just shaking my head........ LOL, I knew it wouldn't turn out good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast