+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: Fixing Broken Car Amps

fox_forma is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Fixing Broken Car Amps

same with me, keeps saying he is fixing it tonight and it will be shipped right out. Been a month now. Mike I want an update!!!!

03 Silverado SS
    Single 12" Tarantula T5 in 2.2^3 tuned to 32hz
    Cadence z9000 4ohms bridged pushing around 800wrms
    Pioneer Avic D3 Bypassed
    Dynomax Exhaust dumped
    W4M Performance Tune
    Volant CAI
    Black 22" Lorenzo 17's
    5 Piece Billet Grille
    Headlight Highbeam Mod, all 4 at once

mike49504 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im boxing up alot of amps today to ship back tommrow morning. I will provide tracking numbers to you guys once i ship them tommrow morning.

cmobley is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still havent heard anything. Keeps saying the parts are on backorder. Since September though? If its unrepairable just say so.

2005 Dodge Magnum 22" Incubus Paranormals/2 Tone Black N Silver
    Headunit Pioneer AVIC-X920 BT
    Front Custom pods with 8" Selenium/ 8" Eminence/Selenium ST200 Tweeter Front 8" Eminence/Selenium Tweeter Rear Soundstream Tweeters
    Subs(1) Custom Built FI BTL 15" D2
    Sub AmpAQ 3500D
    Comp Amp(2) AQ 4X90 (2) 10" Headrest TVS & PS2

Jayzbent is offline IlliNOISE Jayzbent is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I got my Treo RSX 1900 back today works great. My problem was small though had to replace the input on it. I am sure some of these amp parts are a bish to find. From the sound of things Mikes been really loaded down. Hope you guys get your gear fixed. GL

Quote Originally Posted by blobb454 View Post
    How much power? How much load can she take? Lol
    Refs mr b/04murdalanche/garretttt4/Cal/Alec14/throatrattling/CleaRSkieS/ddgalant189/Doc ProMos/Zeuslicious/nwdsk8er/BlactimusCrime/Boomsday/dacheatham/corey0928/jdubbau/Columbus45

2loud4youmorris is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

mike is repairing 3 of my amps right now

TEAM EPIC SOUNDZ

NEW BUILD:
    99 BURBAN DOING 160S ON MUZIK

WATCH MY YOUTUBE VIDS AND SUBSCRIBE!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/2loud4youmorris

2loud4youmorris is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a cactus 7k, a ab 500.1, and a rd d9

TEAM EPIC SOUNDZ

NEW BUILD:
    99 BURBAN DOING 160S ON MUZIK

WATCH MY YOUTUBE VIDS AND SUBSCRIBE!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/2loud4youmorris

Spooney is offline Premium Member Spooney is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Due to the ****** economy a lot of these parts are very hard if not impossible to find right now. Even very common parts that just 6 months ago were easy to find are getting wiped out. Semiconductor manufacturers scaled back production quite a bit when things got bad but the market never got as bad as they anticipated and now the demand is higher than the number of parts they can produce in many cases because they cut back so much. I wouldn't doubt that mike is having a very hard time sourcing parts as I have been running into that myself on the handful of repairs i've been doing and most of the time he won't know what he needs to fix your amp until it gets disassembled. Also many times its necessary to remove parts from the circuit to properly troubleshoot a problem. It may not be as easy as him just boxing your amp back up and shipping it back to you if he already has it apart and missing several of the parts.

kmanian is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Well I am throwing in that he has a SS XXX 6500 that I have been told will be done in 2 weeks as the parts are on their way to him now. I am sure Mike is very busy and doing his best with procuring parts. I do however feel that my largest frustration is that I have to ask whats up every couple weeks instead of him letting me know before I bug him. If I were to suggest an improvement to his service it would be communication.

Mine is bigger than yours!

mike49504 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im having trouble finding parts for theese amps i can assure you that the parts are comming in for the amps that are here. But you guys have to understand that once i order parts for theese if they are backorderd its out of my hands i cant do much til they come in. Sorry for the delay in responding to you to update you with amp status but im very busy working on theese amps and dont always have time to sit on a computer for hours I try to get back to everyone as quick as possible .

alex5857 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just vouching for mike here, he sent my amp out about a week ago and i received it on the 31st, however i haven't been able to test it and wont be until i get back on the 15th.

Great communication though. Thanks.

Refs: speedyg76, infamous_e46, splnut150, King Ranch, 350zspl, hrtbrk1, 01 S 10, cman9012, Louisiana_CRX, Basic1906, tsenfw, twisztdauthorit (x2), Keith H(x2), dropped_mazda, got_focus?, BuckyBoy, dropped_mazda, lrc131, Brian_smith06, Goindef154, toomtoomvroom, AudioBliss84, iarejohn, Qbenjamin, ssackett, Jh8909, Qbenjamin, Noavgjoe, vitveet, ltr450racer690

andy26391 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey Mike, I have and Infinity 475a that was hooked up in my F150. The speakers wires became disconnected from the rear passenger side speaker and the wires were loose in the door. The amp shut off one night when I was driving and will not come out of protection mode. It powers up fine but goes right into protection mode. It makes a sound every 10 seconds or so like it is powering up again and the protection light goes out and the power light comes on for a flash then back into protection mode. Any idea on the issue and what I may be looking at for a price? Thanks very much.

kmanian is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmanian View Post
    Well I am throwing in that he has a SS XXX 6500 that I have been told will be done in 2 weeks as the parts are on their way to him now. I am sure Mike is very busy and doing his best with procuring parts. I do however feel that my largest frustration is that I have to ask whats up every couple weeks instead of him letting me know before I bug him. If I were to suggest an improvement to his service it would be communication.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike49504 View Post
    Im having trouble finding parts for theese amps i can assure you that the parts are comming in for the amps that are here. But you guys have to understand that once i order parts for theese if they are backorderd its out of my hands i cant do much til they come in. Sorry for the delay in responding to you to update you with amp status but im very busy working on theese amps and dont always have time to sit on a computer for hours I try to get back to everyone as quick as possible .
    Mike, I completely understand the shortage of parts, however a one line email doesn't take hours and hours. And when you offer to do something for money, it then is not a hobby, you are now a professional, and communication is part of that. I personally want to know. Others may not, but I do. I am sorry if this comes off strong, but it is honest criticism, that can assure more happy customers.
    Gl and thanks

Mine is bigger than yours!

fox_forma is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

got my amps in last week but haven't been able to test, hopefully this week. Couldn't beat the pricing just wish communication was better about parts being back ordered. Other than that everything seems good to go.

03 Silverado SS
    Single 12" Tarantula T5 in 2.2^3 tuned to 32hz
    Cadence z9000 4ohms bridged pushing around 800wrms
    Pioneer Avic D3 Bypassed
    Dynomax Exhaust dumped
    W4M Performance Tune
    Volant CAI
    Black 22" Lorenzo 17's
    5 Piece Billet Grille
    Headlight Highbeam Mod, all 4 at once

ry81890 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

whats goin on i got a audiodiesel amp 2200 watts not sure wats wrong wit it isnt working assuming its fried:?

cmobley is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmanian View Post
    Mike, I completely understand the shortage of parts, however a one line email doesn't take hours and hours. And when you offer to do something for money, it then is not a hobby, you are now a professional, and communication is part of that. I personally want to know. Others may not, but I do. I am sorry if this comes off strong, but it is honest criticism, that can assure more happy customers.
    Gl and thanks
    Well said. Communication at the beginning was great, now not so much. I understand the parts thing, but I'm at 3 months now.

2005 Dodge Magnum 22" Incubus Paranormals/2 Tone Black N Silver
    Headunit Pioneer AVIC-X920 BT
    Front Custom pods with 8" Selenium/ 8" Eminence/Selenium ST200 Tweeter Front 8" Eminence/Selenium Tweeter Rear Soundstream Tweeters
    Subs(1) Custom Built FI BTL 15" D2
    Sub AmpAQ 3500D
    Comp Amp(2) AQ 4X90 (2) 10" Headrest TVS & PS2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast