Closed Thread

Reload Thread: total car audio noob looking for suggestions for amp to run 2xSub 2xMid & 2xTweeters

edzillion is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

total car audio noob looking for suggestions for amp to run 2xSub 2xMid & 2xTweeters

My plan is to install 2 5x7s under the dash, 2x6x9 subs in the board below the back seats, and two tweeters in the side walls (in the back, its a two-door).

What is a decent cheap amp to run this setup? it's a classic car (a 1969 bmw 2002) so I don't know how much power will be produced by the alternator (it is 12v thankfully).

misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: total car audio noob looking for suggestions for amp to run 2xSub 2xMid & 2xTweet

I'd consider different speakers, man.

If you want tweets, they should be located in the front of the vehicle. Instead of 5x7"s under the dash, maybe think about some 5.25" 2-way components.

What's your total budget?

I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

edzillion is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: total car audio noob looking for suggestions for amp to run 2xSub 2xMid & 2xTweet

The reason I was thinking of putting in tweeters in the side walls in the back is that the idiot previous owner put bolts in the walls (in the process of putting lap-belts in the car, even though that makes no sense to me since they are uncomfortable, dangerous and not legally required) so since I removed them I have holes there, which would perfectly fit ~2" tweeters. the cabin in a bmw2002 is very open and I remember seeing tweeters that can be directionally set before installation.

2-ways are a good idea, but the under-dash position is pointing toward your feet so I suppose it wouldn't be the best place for tweeters.

On my budget - I am unemployed at the minute and I don't really know what kind of money I will need to spend to do this. I suppose I would spend up to 250 dollars for amp, speakers and radio. this is probably a ridiculously small amount isn't it? I'm hoping I can pick up some second hand parts.

misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

$250 is going to be almost impossible if you want even half decent equipment. Maybe you should look into buying used. The classifieds are full of nice stuff.

I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

Closed Thread