Closed Thread

Reload Thread: New amp sounds no louder than head unit Need help

ricktcole is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New amp sounds no louder than head unit Need help

This past weekend I installed an new DLS RA40 amp, run to Boston acoustics SR60 components and the rear channel bridged for a Boston G3 10 SVC in a sealed box. Now my dilemma is that the front speakers don't sound any louder than when they were just hooked up to the HU.The only way they were louder is when the gains were turned all the way to .2V.My HU is a Kenwood KDC-X493 which has 4V 3 out puts. I ran 2 RCA cable from the HU to the amp and I've checked the speaker polarity and every thing is in phase. I have 4 ga. power and ground wire and 12 gauge speaker wire run to the front and 10 ga. speaker wire run to my sub .Does anyone have any ideas why I'm not getting the sound I should from this amp or should I send it back for a new one?

Grinder1989 is offline Sundown Audio Dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New amp sounds no louder than head unit Need help

Make sure to adjust the head unit. You can turn the gain all the way up, it doesn't really affect anything. If you want turn the gain all the way up and just don't turn your headunit up as much. That way you will get max power. Just don't turn your volume too high or you will clip out the amp and burn up your speakers. Gain can be set anywhere as long as your volume isn't too high....

North Coast Improvements, Mobile Audio Division. Sundown Audio Dealer Akron, OH. Need BNIB audio? PM me for details.

By: N.G.U Graphics

Closed Thread