+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Reload Thread: car amp repair man.....

quins90lac is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: car amp repair man.....

I got a power acoustic ab3000d that needs repaired . i think its got a blown output cap . the highest voltage i can get out of it is 20 volts AC . I was wondering what the turn around time would be cause im only about 3 hours away from you so i could drive down and just chill out and wait for my amp to be fixed then drive home

no links in sigs is FUCKING BULLSHIT
    bought from. chereck04, etznova, matthewo, parker G, 4ozgloves
    Car 1990 Cadillac Sedan Deville
    HEADUNIT Pioneer deh8600mp
    Front stage pioneer 6.5 coax
    Rear stage pioneer 6x9 coax
    Sub Amp PA AB3000D at 2ΩRIP
    now soundstream pxc2000d at 2Ω
    Subs RE SE D2Ω X2 FRIED 1 now PSI D1Ω X2
    ElectricalEA 250 alt kun KLMX wire YT front bat stinger spv70 rear

fast306stang is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just wanted to say, I sent amprepairman a little 2 channel amp that stayed in protect mode all the time. His emails are excellent, from beginning to end. From the time we were discussing the repairs until he shipped it back to me. Detailed and thorough, explaining everything...which is cool b/c I'm the type of guy who likes to hear those kind of things. I hate it when someone says, oh, this was broken so I repaired/replaced it and that's all you're told. Anyway, I got the amp back and it works wonderfully. Very, very reasonable cost including return shipping. Also, very quick turnaround time as well. Do not hesitate to do business with this guy, I will be sending more of my personal things for repair in the future when my money situation improves.

Bought from: Korn4Life, criswrld, teedot231999, bluieorbluee, traksta15, Mike465, AudioPhill, vfrrider, kasimo420, AudioFreak
    Traded with: Tez4life, Ridinhi
    Sold to: beanMR2, slim2fattycake, Williambrea, Stevexyz, Dre_ATL, deljaso, dubjetta97, deez, hrtbrk1, akheathen, tyroneshoes

amprepairman is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

quins90lac.....Sorry man..I cant do it like that...For one thing there is many things in your amp that can cause it to hit a output limit and then either go into protect or shut down or just hit a ceiling and stop..2nd its not fair to my other customers to put your amp before there's...Then theres the issue of parts.. Current amps are using so many different parts its just nuts, I'd like to call them common parts but theres so many different fets for instance hitting the market that virtually every amp I've gotten in the last month has required a different part number to get it running again...and one common problem with your symptoms is a shorted or partially shorted output fet from gate to source...Just had one a few days ago..in order to find it all the fets had to come out and be checked one by one and it takes some time...the amp in question ran fine but hit a ceiling and just stopped... Initially you would never expect a fet to cause a problem like that until you see it first hand...Generally our turn around is between 5 to 7 business days providing I have the parts in stock...Thanks for your interest though...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With all the broken amps that you buy off Ebay, will you be selling them here in the classifieds section. I think it would be a win/win situation with us being able to buy amps that we know are in sound condition and built right, and you being able to get a higher $$$ amount for them from people who appreciate such amps. Just wanted to throw it out there. Thanks!

97 Ext Cab Silverado - 383 Stroker
    1/4 Mile - 13.63 @ 101
    Front Stage: Infinity 6010 Comps
    Front Amp: Crossfire VR202
    Sub: RE SX10 @ 1ohm
    Sub Amp: Crossfire VR1000D

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I just found a guy who has about 50 broken amps and Im trying to work out a price on em..if it happens you can be assured a used/repaired amp sale will follow!

quins90lac is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats cool i can just ship it to you not a problem. Could you give me a ball park figure on what it would cost to repair the amp . If it's over like 75-80 ill just buy a new one because i paid $175 and I just don't see it as being worth it to repair .

no links in sigs is FUCKING BULLSHIT
    bought from. chereck04, etznova, matthewo, parker G, 4ozgloves
    Car 1990 Cadillac Sedan Deville
    HEADUNIT Pioneer deh8600mp
    Front stage pioneer 6.5 coax
    Rear stage pioneer 6x9 coax
    Sub Amp PA AB3000D at 2ΩRIP
    now soundstream pxc2000d at 2Ω
    Subs RE SE D2Ω X2 FRIED 1 now PSI D1Ω X2
    ElectricalEA 250 alt kun KLMX wire YT front bat stinger spv70 rear

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I will be posting used amps that I have went through and upgraded for either SQ durability or both in the classified section...nothing special..just some low dollar amps for guys just starting out who need something cheap to get started with

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have a couple not expensive amps I have gone through and updated Im wanting to get rid of..if anyones interested let me know..these are not major brand amps or anything like that but have been modded and matched to one another and are in great shape..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails car amp repair man.....-amp2.jpg   car amp repair man.....-amp1.jpg  

chardy85 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amprepairman is great.

He is local to me and I took an Alpine MRP-M1000 to him for repair. I told him to take his time but he still had it back to me in about a week.

When I came over to pick it up he actually showed me the amp outputting power at diff freq so I know that it is working.

He was VERY reasonable for labor.

DO NOT hesitate on sending him an amp for repair. He is very straight forward and will explain everything he does to it and also suggests things that would make it more reliable.

Also, his full time job keeps him very busy during the day so if he does not respond to PM's or emails it is because he just hasn't had a chance to type an email back. He is a perfectionist and does not want to give quotes and advice if he does not have time to think about it.

Thanks,

Curtis

Refs: Zeuslicious, Havieri, TeamPSI, Amprepairman

Quote Originally Posted by DSMW View Post
    exceptions? this site has been run into the ground. exceptions dont get made, this is anarchy son.

BrownVanMan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

im interested in those amps do you have a thread with some info?

chardy85 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrownVanMan View Post
    im interested in those amps do you have a thread with some info?
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/462060-verge-amplifier-pair-vga460-avga300m-$150-00-shipped.html#post6939539

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/462057-crunch-p125-amplifier-$70-00-shipped.html#post6939522

Refs: Zeuslicious, Havieri, TeamPSI, Amprepairman

Quote Originally Posted by DSMW View Post
    exceptions? this site has been run into the ground. exceptions dont get made, this is anarchy son.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hey everyone...Please stop if your getting ready to ship me your amp!Later today I will be posting a new shipping address..I have been so overwhelmed with the shipping and receiving aspect of things that I am having trouble getting other stuff done....and late last week I had a install that kept me busy for three days and I missed a few packages as well.This way I can just pick up and drop off stuff to be shipped once a day and be free while I'm here to do what I need to be doing. I am very thankful for all the business and I am doing this for the benefit of everyone..This change wont affect shipping rates and will get the shipping mess out of my shop area at the same time. I want to thank the people who have posted about my service and there should be more posts popping up as people get the chance to hook up and try out their stuff...I am in the process of setting up a web site that will have a basic info page and we are working on putting together a store to sell upgrade parts from all the best known esoteric parts manufacturers..Keep in mind..my main business is performance and sq upgrades..I perform this work on all kinds of amps be it home car and pro sound as well...My car amp repair work basically revolves around my love of car audio...I do simple upgrades on every amp I work on if its possible..If I have a better part it would be stupid not to use it .As I mentioned before the cost of the different parts might sometime just be pennies in some cases...Alot of the online store stuff doesn't have anything to do with the car audio people..The parts would work in car amps just like any other amp but I'm finding that unless your old school most car amp guys just want the amp to work!...Seems like as people get older they appreciate sound quality more and more..I'm not knockin anyone I remember when I was 16 I just wanted to rattle the windows on houses 4 blocks away just like many of you do I totally understand...When I get done fixing a pro QSC 5000 watt sound reinforcement amp..you know I like to **** the neighborhood off sometimes still...trust me they all know my number and I'm on speed dial all over the overland area!Thanks again!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

new shipping address:
    AUDIO WORKS
    9648 OLIVE BLVD SUITE 398
    ST.LOUIS MO 63132

This new shipping address will eliminate all my shipping and receiving hassles and free up my day to deal with the important stuff...getting those amps fixed...Thanks again for all the amps I have been getting both from new customers and from existing customers who have told other people about me.

Jh8909 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok sounds good Louis.

REFS: Ridinhi, --Navi--, gboo559, sojiaraggs9000, usampsman, 9515Rob, GetLikeMe, sojiaraggs9000, ButtaMax, RJesus, Twank06"GTO', speedfreak28

Bought from, Sold To

^there is a lot more i haven't listed by the way

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have a Visonic V800HC and the customer has decided to go with some modifications...and I asked him if it was OK to post the process here step by step..I will be posting pics and info as I work on this amp step by step so that some of you guys thinking about doing mods to your amp can get a few ideas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast