Closed Thread

Reload Thread: performance teknique icbm 773 problems

drodgers82 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

performance teknique icbm 773 problems

first of all i'd like to say thanks for lookin at my post and any info is appreciated... to i friend of mine same by my house and handed me this amp a performance teknique icbm 773 he said if u can fix it u can have it..so i took it. i noticed the rca output plugs were missing so i took the bottom cover off the amp and where the rca's used to be it was fryed (both the input and output rca's & the adjustment knobs are on a removable seperate board that comes off the main board with 2 plugs)..ive never seen an amp do this and im not sure what he did to cause it but the rest of the internals look good, does anyone know what would cause this to happen and if i replace the output's should i work again as long as there isnt no other issues when u hook up the amp the "diagnostic" light comes on...any idea's please help,thanks

Mass Car Audio is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: performance teknique icbm 773 problems

Quote Originally Posted by drodgers82 View Post
    first of all i'd like to say thanks for lookin at my post and any info is appreciated... to i friend of mine same by my house and handed me this amp a performance teknique icbm 773 he said if u can fix it u can have it..so i took it. i noticed the rca output plugs were missing so i took the bottom cover off the amp and where the rca's used to be it was fryed (both the input and output rca's & the adjustment knobs are on a removable seperate board that comes off the main board with 2 plugs)..ive never seen an amp do this and im not sure what he did to cause it but the rest of the internals look good, does anyone know what would cause this to happen and if i replace the output's should i work again as long as there isnt no other issues when u hook up the amp the "diagnostic" light comes on...any idea's please help,thanks
    I highly doubt that's the only thing got cooked. post some pics and i might be able to help.

Bought from: tc3k101, traksta15, loudwhat?, MitchZ, Igotwire, dgaf, kalkx, mylows10, akadj, SPLaudio

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alright i'll get some on here in just a few thanks

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sorry about the quality couldnt find my camera so i used my cell phone the 1st pic as you can see is where the rca output used to be the 2nd is where the input rca's are im not sure what the yellow line is im thinkin it got pretty hot or something to make that 3rd is a half shot of the main board in the amp and 4th im not sure if u can make it out but where its circled in red it looks as if the solder maybe melted and spread onto the board?? idk just thought it didnt look right..hopefully this helps ya out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails performance teknique icbm 773 problems-amp4.jpg   performance teknique icbm 773 problems-amp2.jpg   performance teknique icbm 773 problems-amp3.jpg   performance teknique icbm 773 problems-amp1.jpg  

Closed Thread