Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arc audio 2100-XKR vs. 2100-CXL

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect amp to power my Focal 165k2 component set, and I think I'm going to go with Arc audio. How much better is the XKR series than the CXL? The XKR is only $15.00 more but I like the looks of the CXL better. Would both of these be a better choice than a JL 300/2 even though they have slightly less power? Any other options for a great sounding amp for my Focal's?

$440.10 at www.rainarc.com (authorized online dealer)

$454.77

Also would it be worth the extra $75-100 to buy it from the authorized dealer?

Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Arc audio 2100-XKR vs. 2100-CXL

amps do not sound good or bad. The JL amp u have is more than decent and u will not notice a difference by getting the arc amp.

Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)

Topcat is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've had a long standing relationship with Arc Audio and have put their products through numerous testing. They are extremely well built and are one of the most "efficient" running amplifier lines I've come across.
    I think you should definitely look into the either the XKR or the CXL. I don't think you'll be dissapointed with thier performance.

JTCL is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by capone28
    amps do not sound good or bad. The JL amp u have is more than decent and u will not notice a difference by getting the arc amp.
    I have to disaree. There are some pretty poor sounding amps on the market. I agree that the average person may not be able to tell the difference between two high quality amps such as JL and Arc.

2003 Acura CL Type S

adam71 is offline P9 = Ultimate SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JTCL
    I have to disaree. There are some pretty poor sounding amps on the market. I agree that the average person may not be able to tell the difference between two high quality amps such as JL and Arc.
    You would be correct sir. If amps didn't sound good or bad then I would be running my system with Jensen amps.

But I would go with Arc in this case. To answer another question....I would go with the XKR series. And also I would get it through the authorized dealer. Its ALWAYS a good idea to buy equipment through the proper channels. This way you'll get good support should something go wrong.

Source Unit: Pioneer P9 combo
    Tweeters: CDT DRT-25 Silk
    Mids: CDT ES-5 (5.25")
    Midbass: CDT M6 (6.5")
    Subs: Pioneer TS-W12PRS
    Mid & Tweet amp: Pioneer PRS-X340
    Midbass Amp: Pioneer PRS-X720
    Sub Amp: Pioneer PRS-X720

Depression is offline ISSUES

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You know, this thread reminds me of a couple months ago when a forum member mentioned something that has changed my mind about amps......
    It was about some engineer on the EAST COAST who gave a challenge that if anyone in the world could tell the diffrence or prove one amp "sounded" better than another he would give them 1 million dollars or something like that. I thought this was the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard.....Sure enough I looked into it and the guy was telling the truth and a million guys have taken the challenge and not one guy has won the Million Dollars.
    Now does that mean I am going to get a JENSEN..HELL NO!!
    But I am no longer gonna go High budget on an amp.

Effeciency..features...no deal there..but apparently by scientific definition..an AMP is an AMP when it comes to sound quality and power..I know it sounds ridiculous.

Who is it that broke this story on here I can't remember thier name???

JTCL is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone know if Arc will modify the 2100 for slightly more power? I know some companies such as Zapco will do this for a small fee. Also is there a plexi-glass cover avalible for the Arc amps?

2003 Acura CL Type S

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Depression
    You know, this thread reminds me of a couple months ago when a forum member mentioned something that has changed my mind about amps......
    It was about some engineer on the EAST COAST who gave a challenge that if anyone in the world could tell the diffrence or prove one amp "sounded" better than another he would give them 1 million dollars or something like that. I thought this was the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard.....Sure enough I looked into it and the guy was telling the truth and a million guys have taken the challenge and not one guy has won the Million Dollars.
    Now does that mean I am going to get a JENSEN..HELL NO!!
    But I am no longer gonna go High budget on an amp.

Effeciency..features...no deal there..but apparently by scientific definition..an AMP is an AMP when it comes to sound quality and power..I know it sounds ridiculous.

Who is it that broke this story on here I can't remember thier name???
    yup, ur right.

But those noobs can believe what they want.

Amplification does not sound like anything. It simply amplifies a speaker.

Now the reason why an Arc amp is better than geting my JBL amp, for example it would have a subsonic filter, needed for ported applications, or it would have a much better Xover. So it is not the amp itself that effects SQ its a feature that may come along with it that effects it.

-Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So it is not the amp itself that effects SQ its a feature that may come along with it that effects it.

A watt is a watt.

If you like the looks of the CXL better, then go for it - I love mine

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yup, ur right.

But those noobs can believe what they want.

Amplification does not sound like anything. It simply amplifies a speaker.

Now the reason why an Arc amp is better than geting my JBL amp, for example it would have a subsonic filter, needed for ported applications, or it would have a much better Xover. So it is not the amp itself that effects SQ its a feature that may come along with it that effects it.
    Well, not to get technical but since you already did, why not. Actually in all reality an amp actually amplifies the signal you're sending to it...NOT.....the speaker itself. Features are NOT what make one amp better than the other. You can have cheap *** poor sounding amps that have alot of features. You can have a high priced amp that doesn't have too many features but is of course worth the extra money, maybe not to everyone but to alot of us.

To say that a watt is a watt in my opinion isn't entirely true. Now you may not be able to tell the difference between 2 comparably priced amps but you can't say you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a McIntosh amp and a Jensen amp. See what I'm saying.

Adam

GSteg is offline Custom User Title

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

do companies sprinkle special dust over the amp to create that distinct "sound quality"?

or do they put a blanket over a tube amp thus making it sound "warm"?

or do they have a built-in treble control that makes it sound "bright"?

nope. how do u tell the difference between watts? YOU CAN'T. why? because by definition, a watt is a measurement. now if u can hear difference between measurements then i would bow down to you. its like saying "my 10lbs of brick weighs more than your 10lbs of polyfill!" are there more than one type of watt? does JL or jensen make their own kind of watt?

is 12v from an optima yellow top any better than 12v from a duralast battery? "yum..my bottle water tastes better than sink water because bottled water came in a bottle." gee..wonder where that water in the bottle came from... purify both water and its the same darn thing.

now time to finish my turkey

Hello GSteg it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam71
    Well, not to get technical but since you already did, why not. Actually in all reality an amp actually amplifies the signal you're sending to it...NOT.....the speaker itself. Features are NOT what make one amp better than the other. You can have cheap *** poor sounding amps that have alot of features. You can have a high priced amp that doesn't have too many features but is of course worth the extra money, maybe not to everyone but to alot of us.

To say that a watt is a watt in my opinion isn't entirely true. Now you may not be able to tell the difference between 2 comparably priced amps but you can't say you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a McIntosh amp and a Jensen amp. See what I'm saying.

Adam
    sorry, ur wrong, get over it. If u believe ur right then go win urself a shitload of cash. didnt u read depressions post.

-Eclipse cd8053

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sorry, ur wrong, get over it. If u believe ur right then go win urself a shitload of cash. didnt u read depressions post.
    I'm NOT wrong. I'm just trying to make a point. I'm just trying to say that there are differences between amps NOT watts. Which is why I said it wasn't "entirely" true. All I'm saying is a Pioneer (Premier) PRS amplifier rated at 50 watts per channel would be a better (cleaner) 50 watts than a Jensen amp rated at the same power.

I'm not trying to argue with you guys or talk physics, because I would be lost if I was. All I'm saying is there are reasons for paying more for a different brand of amp other than just features. Thats all.

Adam

:thumbsup :patriotic

nswartley is offline Down and out...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

a watt is a watt. period.

you pay for features, durability, reliability, and all that good stuff. if an amp is installed correctly and putting out a CLEAN signal, it will not allow you to differentiate between amps.

now stop being so closed-minded and try to learn something.

-nate

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nswartley
    a watt is a watt. period.

you pay for features, durability, reliability, and all that good stuff. if an amp is installed correctly and putting out a CLEAN signal, it will not allow you to differentiate between amps.

now stop being so closed-minded and try to learn something.

-nate
    Thats what I'm talking about.....a "CLEAN" signal. Thats where better amps blow away the cheaper amps. My mind is open all the time. So please don't try to tell me what I already know.

This has been beaten to death so lets all let it rest.

Adam :thumbsup

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast