Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Any experience with/opinions on the Polk PA 1100.5 Amp?

newport2002 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any experience with/opinions on the Polk PA 1100.5 Amp?

I can get this new on sale for $400. It looks like an awesome amp. My last car system I built I used an Audison LRX6.9 amp and it was about $1000...it looks to have near identical specs...so I am probably gonna buy it. I am using a Nakamichi CD500 head unit, and will be getting some good mid-line components, Polk Audio or Boston Acoustics. I also will be building a sealed 8 enclosure for the low end. Its all going into my 1976 BMW 2002. Just wanna know if the Polk PA1100.5 will be a good amp for all that and provide trouble free operation and good sound quality. Thanks. I did a search and didnt see any opinions on this particular amp.

Spooney is offline Premium Member Spooney is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Re: Any experience with/opinions on the Polk PA 1100.5 Amp?

we use the Polk PA 500.4 at work and in my opinion they are good amps but nothing really special in terms of design or build quality.They sound great with the polk speakers we use but i think the polk momo amps that were around before these were higher quality.Just seems like they went a little cheaper on the internals on this series and the terminals are just your standard screw terminals where previously they had nice set screw terminals. With the setup you have planned I think it would work out good.

Closed Thread