Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: What Do You Think Of Memphis Amps?

Wasatch is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

What Do You Think Of Memphis Amps?

Was thinking about replacing my Alpine and Crossfire for some Memphis Amps. Was thinking getting a 4-channel for the F/R, and probably a Mono for the Sub. How good are they? Are the specs accurate? Let me know your pro's and con's about these amps. Thanks.

2000 Ford Explorer

Head Unit: Pioneer Premier DEH-P510UB
    Front Stage: Hertz ESK 165
    Amp: Cadence XA250.2 (Orange)
    Sub: Sundown Audio SA-10
    Sub Amp: Alpine MRP-M500
    Wire: Lighting Audio, Tsunami
    Electrical: Optima Yellow Top

gunz4me2 is offline Bat Country

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Re: What Do You Think Of Memphis Amps?

I wish you luck should you go with Memphis because I gave up on them in 2007. I had one purchased authorized from a B & M shop and it was replaced 2x under warranty in a 6 month time frame. I also went through 2 others purchased unauthorized and they were BOTH DOA BNIB.

My suggestion, make sure you purchase them authorized just in case you need the warranty. If you go the unauthorized route, Memphis will just say "Sorry, can't help" even if you offer to pay for the repair!

timmoore718 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me2 View Post
    I wish you luck should you go with Memphis because I gave up on them in 2007. I had one purchased authorized from a B & M shop and it was replaced 2x under warranty in a 6 month time frame. I also went through 2 others purchased unauthorized and they were BOTH DOA BNIB.

My suggestion, make sure you purchase them authorized just in case you need the warranty. If you go the unauthorized route, Memphis will just say "Sorry, can't help" even if you offer to pay for the repair!
    memphis customer service ***** *** for sure but the amps are great

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me2 View Post

They would be bought from authorized dealer by me.

2000 Ford Explorer

Ekimdude is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
    They would be bought from authorized dealer by me.
    Hey D*CKHEAD what happened to coming over to my place last night? You dont show up, answer your phone, or even PM or email me? Whats the deal? I went and bought Strawberrys and Wine and had everything setup waiting for you! You better make this up to me.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Wtf?

2000 Ford Explorer

NightDrifter05 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Memphis customer service is great if you buy authorized. If you buy from a authorized retailer you won't have ANY problem's getting it fixed or replaced if it ever needed it. I used Memphis amps and subwoofers for a long time and never once had any issue's with the equipment.

Bought From: SPLChoice-, TypeRBass, JellyFish420, DWMan, wheeler8921, bumpin buick, 2002xlt, LBC99, brtnboarder3241, btdickey99, gearguy2001, donpisto, Freakish07, Alpineinstaller, budget76, 96MaxGLE, obrien202, mgeagles26
    Sold To: Tapout, bdawson72, djvi0lent, regal8r, sixfootman2005 (x2)
    Trades: TeamPSI, Integra2468

Ekimdude is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah thats exactly right...Listen I dont play games like a little boy, im all man baby. All those sweet PM's you sent me and then you stand me up. I guess all those "BIG" claims you made about yourself werent true either. At least I still have the pics you sent me. Good riddens!

dafobbishon3 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

amps r great! very expensive.. but are great!

Refs: lyttle viet, 2002XLT, alxmlr789, BushJ311, scottiej, vitveet, Goindef154, vic713, {:C:}, the dude, dbaudio, mr_kebo, tristanmay, 2000LaDe, AQsrt4 (on tennis-warehouse.com - dafobbishon3), (Ebay - dafobbishon3)
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbagumper6 View Post
    Well judging by your noob-ness, I'm guessing it's a prefab box...so in other words I could probably blow a fart louder than her subs
    Quote Originally Posted by jart27 View Post
    I would suck a fart out of her azz and hold it like a bong hit
    Substage:Custom 15 by Ssackett : Audiopipe AP1800.1D
    -3 hard spiders, woven tinsels, 8 layer flat wound coil, 12 spoke basket
    Enclosure: 3.5 cubes @ 32 hz (compliments of vitveet)
    Frontstage: Hertz HSK165 : Arc KS300.2

Ignatowski is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

Memphis is no better than half the junk on the market place "made in Korea",they charge a little more money for some reason ,maybe they think they JL (our **** dont stink)........
    My Diamond amps actually are louder and clearer......by ALLOT

I once had an amp brake on my (500D) and since I live in Memphis I figured id drive to the place and check them out.....They are basically a desk in an old office building with an off sight warehouse somewhere ...They would not repair my amp or even give me the time of day....So I ebayed off the amp and never ever looked back - Really I was quite put off by the whole experience and would not recommend them to anyone .......assholes

ThatChevyGuy is offline NOLA Sludge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    963 Post(s)

i guess nobody caught the gay love?

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

gunz4me2 is offline Bat Country

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by excelerater View Post
    Memphis is no better than half the junk on the market place "made in Korea",they charge a little more money for some reason ,maybe they think they JL (our **** dont stink)........

I once had an amp brake on my (500D) and since I live in Memphis I figured id drive to the place and check them out.....They are basically a desk in an old office building with an off sight warehouse somewhere ...They would not repair my amp or even give me the time of day....So I ebayed off the amp and never ever looked back - Really I was quite put off by the whole experience and would not recommend them to anyone .......assholes
    My impression of Memphis Car Audio is that they are just a US Marketing company for products produced in China and Korea. I am about to use one of their 12" M Class subs in my fiancee's Mazda Tribute, but I will never touch their amplifiers again.

The common flaw I noticed with the amplifiers that I went through in 2007 was that the circuit boards lacked adequate support, unless you count being held in place by the FETs "adequate" support. As a result, the FET legs would either pull out at the FETs themselves or tear out of the circuit board.

Qbenjamin is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Just because you had a bad experience, that doesn't mean that Memphis products are junk. I have been running various Memphis amps for years, and I haven't had a single issue. As it already has been noted, if you don't buy authorized, they will not help you in any type of way.

Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U
    Traded with Ref's:: Spike_e; jnoel; Sundownz

Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

What sounds good to you, may sound like crap to me...

Trancer is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

What is an amp brake? I never had that option on my amplifiers. How do I get one of those?

07 black Yamaha V-Star FI 1300. 08 GMC Sierra QC SLE2 Texas Edition
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, Focal Utopia Components, Focal K2P Components with Digital Designs T1 Tweeters, Audiopipe AQX-360.4, Audiopipe 3001D
    References: 21: DesertHeat, Ravens9322, Netherland24, Insomniac119, killahbean, Charlieee, Dustin19, djman37, dirthog, JayRich, JimJ, RassyMX, Slayerx, smgreen20, lyttleviet, RAM_Designs, Gingerbreadman, DarkHart, cwill5, Imtjnotu, Bettr n' Revrse

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSquad View Post
    Make the port as large and as round as possible. For example, a square port is more round than a rectangular one; an octogonal port is more round than a square port. Also, keep the number of ports down to one, if possible.

edzy is offline SPL Ninja

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ive had a pr200 for 3 years now. np. Some of the older ones i didnt like as well, namly the st1000 and st 1500. they were both power hogs. then again i didnt have the current to feed them properly either.

Nothing to see here, Move along.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List