Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Amp powers on, LED light is green, NO sound from the sub?! can anyone help

mmmoneta is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amp powers on, LED light is green, NO sound from the sub?! can anyone help

I picked up my car from the shop where they replaced one of the fuse boxes. The green LED light powers on the amp but the subwoofer is making no sound as the rest of the stereo plays. the fuses on the amp are okay, does anyone know what this sounds like it could be.

4OZGLOVES is offline <--- Gina FTMFW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: Amp powers on, LED light is green, NO sound from the sub?! can anyone help

Check the sub control on the hu.I know its stupid but you wouldn't be the first one.

Refs
    FJF, tooshort_128 , BushJ311(local) , FRIEK, vactor, ls2poweredgoat(X2) , chrisw91, psycoacoustics, sundownz, 01 s10, headlesskoopa, twisted_0912(x3) ,trystanmay, coma toast, lord baccus, oldschool4me, beatkeeper, scbeerbarge, dwrecked, beatkeeper1, infamous_e46, neel, plugger, Cal, Centergod79

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Less time on forum, More time troubleshooting in your car!!! See if your Speak is blown.

modskwod is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post what the VC reads at on the DMM and tell us the brand/model of the sub.

Qbenjamin is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Make sure that the RCA's are plugged into the amplifier.

Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U
    Traded with Ref's:: Spike_e; jnoel; Sundownz

Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; DD 2510; Ported Enclosure; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

What sounds good to you, may sound like crap to me...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The RCA cables are plugged in, the subwoofer control on the HU is turned on. im pretty sure it isnt blown because it would respond somewhat. i dont know what the "VC" and "DMM" means. but it is a 1200W Sony Xplod with a 12 1000W JBL sub.

dB-r is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are saying you just picked the car up from a shop that replaced a fuse block right? Or some fuse thing to do with the CAR not the audio system right?

Check behind the dash to see if they pulled the RCA cables loose from your head unit.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

correct, the shop was working on fuses for the CAR not the stereo. well, i have a 2000 maxima, and the process of getting back there is not fun at all to just check for the RCA cables.

kfx450r is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mmmoneta View Post
    correct, the shop was working on fuses for the CAR not the stereo. well, i have a 2000 maxima, and the process of getting back there is not fun at all to just check for the RCA cables.
    May be, but do you like not having bass?

x1le is offline I'm certified.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If your sub is blown, its not necessarily going to make any noise. Could have fried a vc, etc.

cthedinger is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

well i was having this problem with a 600 watt hifonics amp it turned on the sub was fine the rcas were good and everything of that sort well it turned out the the channels were blown

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

okay, i just found that the RCA cables were unhooked. so i plugged them back in and now once again.. no sound. it still infuriates me that they would even un hook the sub in the first place

plugitin is offline She Bangs plugitin is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

you pluged em in the sub out, right?

Team DC Audio

Refs: absoluteaudio, rab, walnut, seedubs1, dbeez, -leister-, Louisiana_crx, bubbagumper6, DS Autpsports, Mr.Ronin_2U, lil98cabrio, wone, micah_jones, grinder1989

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes i did

Im now checking the sub and amp themselves. how can i tell if it is the sub blown or maybe a blown channel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok no DMM? take a 9 volt battery and pop your speaker with the leads. No movement means open coil

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast