Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Budget Mono Amp?

zeruin is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Budget Mono Amp?

Hey guys.. I'm new to the forum.. been reading through a bunch of older posts and stuff.. I'm looking to setup a budget build for my 08 F-150 Supercrew.. I'm probably treading in deep water here, but I don't have much car audio experience.. I've read over quite a bit, and I want to go with a pair of Rockford Fosgate P3SD210 subs in an underseat box from supercrewsounds.com.. I'm far from being skilled or patient enough to build my own box, and the local audio store is 3X as expensive as online stores..

I have a few other audio components in mind, but for now I'm trying to figure out the best bang for my buck amp.. I originally was thinking about the Kenwood KAC-9104D because of the price right around $180.. as it seems like it would put out just the right amount of power according to some of the reviews. Caraudiomag reviewed it at 565-644w at 2ohm, but they're supposedly rated at 900w at 2ohm and the RF 10" subs are 300w rms / 600w max each.. either way I should be good to go, right?

I'm a bit confused with RF website specs on the p3sd210 sub.. they say the recommended power range should be between 90w-300w? I'm probably mistaken, but I thought it was better to overpower than underpower subs?

Any suggestions on a different amp? I'm not really looking to spend much more than $200.. so $180 for the Kenwood seems to fit the bill

2008 Blackout FX4 - 6" Procomp, 35" Toyo MT, 20" Procomp 7005 wheels, 4.56 Yukon gears, True-dual Magnaflow exhaust, AF1 3.0" intake, VMPtuning X3, and a lot of black spray paint.
    -Exhaust clip- http://s340.photobucket.com/albums/o...nt=exhaust.flv

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Budget Mono Amp?

just DON'T be a gain master and do not max out you amplifiers gains.

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

SicAudio is offline did you fart dude?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

kenwood amps are notoriously over rated and the 9104 is no exception IMO, they also shut dwn and go into protect alot. look into a little more money at an aq1200 or a bxi1210d, i sell the brutus for 225 shipped i think the aq1200d is about 260 straight from aq.

Quote Originally Posted by slammedincouch View Post
    Sic rolled me in front of my mom earlier...
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    How did you manage to pack that much stupid into such a small amount of words?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I got rick rolled by SicAudio lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I just got rick rolled by SicAudio again lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by chickaboom View Post
    awww.... dude! I can't believe you were the first! to rick roll me! I am a noob!
    sold to: Johnny Law.Lulz/Worstenemy453,Pumkinman, j1b1e1, DexterMoped, miyagi gboo559,CSU87,nate2587, MichaelLane, SmLLySack. MR_Imperial, Herrrerra, ltr450racer690, 05fronty bought from: TripleB45, bigwheel15, (kroid77 but never recieved..)
    helping noobs daily PM me

allout13 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeruin View Post
    Hey guys.. I'm new to the forum.. been reading through a bunch of older posts and stuff.. I'm looking to setup a budget build for my 08 F-150 Supercrew.. I'm probably treading in deep water here, but I don't have much car audio experience.. I've read over quite a bit, and I want to go with a pair of Rockford Fosgate P3SD210 subs in an underseat box from supercrewsounds.com.. I'm far from being skilled or patient enough to build my own box, and the local audio store is 3X as expensive as online stores..

I have a few other audio components in mind, but for now I'm trying to figure out the best bang for my buck amp.. I originally was thinking about the Kenwood KAC-9104D because of the price right around $180.. as it seems like it would put out just the right amount of power according to some of the reviews. Caraudiomag reviewed it at 565-644w at 2ohm, but they're supposedly rated at 900w at 2ohm and the RF 10" subs are 300w rms / 600w max each.. either way I should be good to go, right?

I'm a bit confused with RF website specs on the p3sd210 sub.. they say the recommended power range should be between 90w-300w? I'm probably mistaken, but I thought it was better to overpower than underpower subs?

Any suggestions on a different amp? I'm not really looking to spend much more than $200.. so $180 for the Kenwood seems to fit the bill
    meh, for the same price you can get an audiopipe ap1500.1 which will do more than twice the power the kenwood will.
    or even the hifonics bxi1200d

zeruin is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the suggestions guys, those Hifonics amps look pretty nice.. I've never heard of them, but I don't think I understand half of what's being said around here anyways.. lol

As I mentioned, I'm only looking to power 2 Rockford Fosgate p3sd210 subs.. they are 300w rms/600w max each, but I'm still confused.. RF says the recommended power range for these subs is 90-300w.. anyone want to clarify how much power I should be running to these subs?

I don't mind paying a little more for a nicer amp if it's worth it or more stable, but I'm just looking for a budget build, and not looking to future proof any of the audio components in this system.

2008 Blackout FX4 - 6" Procomp, 35" Toyo MT, 20" Procomp 7005 wheels, 4.56 Yukon gears, True-dual Magnaflow exhaust, AF1 3.0" intake, VMPtuning X3, and a lot of black spray paint.
    -Exhaust clip- http://s340.photobucket.com/albums/o...nt=exhaust.flv

mrezstreet is offline little guy with big dream

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Truth is the ap1500.1d has more power that the hifonics amp buy far....both great amps...but the audiopipe is hands down the best amp for the money I have seen on the market in 15 years

EZ Street Audio.322 W Main ST.Elma WA
    Hybrid Audio Technologies
    Soundstream
    RE Audio....
    MTX
    Memphis
    Clarion
    JVC
    Kicker

Closed Thread