Closed Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Reload Thread: another sundown vs aq thread?

sundownz is offline Supporting Vendor sundownz is a Supporting Member of the forum!

sundownz is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Re: another sundown vs aq thread?

Quote Originally Posted by TurdFergueson2 View Post
    My question to you would be if I had a 1200D and whatever the issue is with those was my issue, how much is the fix for it? One of these would be great for a budget setup, but I would like to know what caused it to need a fix.
    Almost all of the 1200s came back from my local shops -- simply uneducated customers turning all the knobs wide open.

Out of around 100 moved on e-bay during the close-out only a very few have needed repair for any reason as I included a detailed gain setting instruction sheet. The main thing with the 1200 is it will keep putting out power past where it is really safe for the amp and people end up damaging them because it "just kept getting louder" -- a real gain setting is a must.

- Jacob Fuller
    - Owner, Sundown Audio
    - Associate, Stereo Integrity

- I DO NOT USE PMs ON HERE -- Please e-mail me!
    - E-MAIL is sundownz@sundownaudio.com
    Simon Eichenberger is THE MAN.

tv559 is offline The Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smllysack View Post
    dam they have em for 125 bucks
    Thats why I bought 2 of them

Refs. Sold to: Superduper,ncpalafox,lmsfootball35,Schicksal,Nuked sodapop,G0NGSHOW,TacoSauce,scooter924,eclipsepb25, RetroAudioinc,smd4life,Stateprop486,Got_Bass89, Anniku989,Ryan1126,altoncustomtech-- Traded with: SteveyHustle--Bought from: MOJOBASS, Xtremebass5,Path2spl,Violentaudio,5.3bowtie, mike75356,matrxx dude, Kovemaster559,acex3a,Sundownz,Grinder1989, revrider1,andrew2944r,hornedfrog1985,tez4life .

Quote Originally Posted by 350zspl View Post
    i got the large on front
    the small in rear

they work for me

michaellane is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundownz View Post
    I haven't power tested a NINE.1 but I doubt they can put out as much as the 1200D based on the build.
    from what i understand they are said to do 1450 rms @ 1ohm at either 14 or 14.4 volts...you think this is BS?

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/414807-michaellane-feedback-if-i-bought-you-traded-i-sold-you-something.html

Tone415 is offline A.K.A FrisnoG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Almost all of the 1200s came back from my local shops -- simply uneducated customers turning all the knobs wide open.

Out of around 100 moved on e-bay during the close-out only a very few have needed repair for any reason as I included a detailed gain setting instruction sheet. The main thing with the 1200 is it will keep putting out power past where it is really safe for the amp and people end up damaging them because it "just kept getting louder" -- a real gain setting is a must.
    So when you tested the 1200's, you tested them @ 1/2 ohm ( which is not recommended) and it put out 1700 rms with the gain at 1/2?

Current Set up:[05-03-11] 2000 Chevy Impala
    Sub: 2x 15" SSA Icon d1 in a DCTV box
    Sub Amp: Audiopipe ap18001d
    Fronts: Boston Acoustics Pro 6.5x
    Rear: Rockford Fosgate 3-Way 6x9's
    Speaker Amp: Sound Stream Van Gogh 500.4
    HU: Alpine IXA-w404 - 8gb Ipod nano
    Electrical: 220 DB Electrical Alt - Big 3 in 2/0 g - Yellowtop 34/78 upfront - Deka Intimidator in the rear

sundownz is offline Supporting Vendor sundownz is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Yes, before the fuses blew... don't put bigger fuses in or you will end up breaking the amp.

I rated it as a 1200D so set gains accordingly and enjoy plenty of dynamic headroom

- Jacob Fuller
    - Owner, Sundown Audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, before the fuses blew... don't put bigger fuses in or you will end up breaking the amp.

I rated it as a 1200D so set gains accordingly and enjoy plenty of dynamic headroom
    i have a question, I'm running (2) subs both 4ohm DVC rated @ 500 rms wired to 1 . Should I set the gains for the subs RMS or the 1200's? I know these subs will take more so thats why I'm asking. And when I hook the DMM up to the amp should I use the bridged outputs figured for 1 ohm, or one of the regular speaker outs figured for 2?

All girls are whores, just ask your mom how you got here.

Feedback Thread
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/407829-blackfx4intn-feedback-thread.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Set it for the subs or you may blow them.

- Jacob Fuller
    - Owner, Sundown Audio

kfx450r is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Set it for the subs or you may blow them.
    Woops ^ listen to this man. Look up the tutorials on this site theyll help alot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SOLD OUT whats next ?

Refs- littlepucker, Second Skin Rep, chase007, Masta Ace, chenface, Mike.

dB-r is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TurdFergueson2 View Post
    So when you say "like the 1200D" You mean the AQ 1200D is more like 1000 but is rated at 1200? And when you say "likely uses" does that mean you haven't got one to see the internals? I'm just asking. I know you see a lot more of this stuff in a day than I do in a year.

My question to you would be if I had a 1200D and whatever the issue is with those was my issue, how much is the fix for it? One of these would be great for a budget setup, but I would like to know what caused it to need a fix.

They are all sold now, the clearance 1200D's gone. All 16 of them. Someone purchased the last 7 all for themself...

I haven't had the AQ1200D on my desk, but I seen plenty of those boards, and because of that I am a pretty good guesser at what's in there. It might make 1200 watts if it's running a little higher rail voltage than the SAZ-1000D, but even with super high rail voltage it's not going to touch the output of the SAE-1200D, even if it used better than IRF640/IRF9640 mosfets on the output, which to my knowledge there really aren't better choices than those in TO-220 device cases. there are bigger N channel mosfets, but not bigger P Channels than the IRF9640. If you find some, and they are at least in the 200V range, please let me know, I would like to do some experimenting on SAZ-1500D's to see if I can get 3000 watts out of one with upgraded parts and transfomers.

The NiNE.1 I HAVE worked on many of those, they are similar to the SAZ-1000D but probably a little more output as the power supply I think is a little bigger, but the output section is pretty much the same size, I would say 1200 watts @ 1 ohm with 14V would be a max to expect from a NiNE.1.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nightshade View Post
    SOLD OUT whats next ?
    We also have 25% off on all SAZ-3000D Refurbs with 1 Year Full Warranty. They range from $525-$555 or so.

SWFL is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dB-r View Post
    We also have 25% off on all SAZ-3000D Refurbs with 1 Year Full Warranty. They range from $525-$555 or so.
    how long is the refurb 3500?? also whats the cosemetic shape since they are refurbs??

REFS-
    Bought from-Basscort2009, Exige, Mobeious, cutdawg84, Galaticmonkey, mrwigglezdj, jack0409, DC_Power_Rob, dappa5, blkbeater
    Traded with-Dbboom
    Sold to-Busabob, acubsfan, integra88, bigbear, armed, jb513, mindjob360, pickup1, bushj311, callitdone, lysfys, Treads4heads, larnerj, grassroots, alex5857

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon10 Re: another sundown vs aq thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dB-r View Post
    They are all sold now, the clearance 1200D's gone. All 16 of them. Someone purchased the last 7 all for themself...

I haven't had the AQ1200D on my desk, but I seen plenty of those boards, and because of that I am a pretty good guesser at what's in there. It might make 1200 watts if it's running a little higher rail voltage than the SAZ-1000D, but even with super high rail voltage it's not going to touch the output of the SAE-1200D, even if it used better than IRF640/IRF9640 mosfets on the output, which to my knowledge there really aren't better choices than those in TO-220 device cases. there are bigger N channel mosfets, but not bigger P Channels than the IRF9640. If you find some, and they are at least in the 200V range, please let me know, I would like to do some experimenting on SAZ-1500D's to see if I can get 3000 watts out of one with upgraded parts and transfomers.

The NiNE.1 I HAVE worked on many of those, they are similar to the SAZ-1000D but probably a little more output as the power supply I think is a little bigger, but the output section is pretty much the same size, I would say 1200 watts @ 1 ohm with 14V would be a max to expect from a NiNE.1.
    Ill mail you my 1500d if you want to use it to make that mini3000d . Let nme know whats up pm me a parts list . Ill locate all the parts if you can dothe install .

Refs- littlepucker, Second Skin Rep, chase007, Masta Ace, chenface, Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nightshade View Post
    Ill mail you my 1500d if you want to use it to make that mini3000d . Let nme know whats up pm me a parts list . Ill locate all the parts if you can dothe install .
    LOL. See your PMs....

Here's a quote from you that I just had to post here:

Sundown Audio Nightshade 18" and SAZ-1500D:

It's great bro I may have to get new latches for the rear doors in the tahoe though it pushes them out enough to see light through them .
    LOL at that...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got 8 boxes (2 in each) of SAE-1200D's here.....

Thanks alot guys...

Will be going through these starting "now". Doing the easy ones first and sending them on their way with boxes and manuals and remotes but as I said, it was first come first serve so the first couple orders get the nicer looking amps with remotes and boxes, the others get the rest. They will all function equally so don't worry about that part, just the cosmetics and accessories will vary from first order to last order.

Might have to work some extra hours, my wife may not approve but oh well.... what can I do?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast