Closed Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Reload Thread: another sundown vs aq thread?

05fronty is offline SALT PETER

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Re: another sundown vs aq thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dB-r View Post
    No problem, it's shipping today, I assume you must have already received the ship notice.
    yep

bought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

"noobs that come in the dome will get gang raped!"
    nothing but a stock fosgate system with gps and back up camera lol
    2012 nissan sentra spec v with some goodies cumming though

05fronty is offline SALT PETER

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I generally recommend the Sundown because of the warranty. And I think they look really nice too and I know for sure they perform up to spec. Just personal preference.

As for testing the actual AQ1200D, or AQ2200D, or AQ3500D, no, have not. But when you are involved in this business like I am, it's not necessary either. I likely have tested a prototype amp with the same board in it at some point from some of the other companies I deal with that use the same build house. If you KNEW what goes into those amp boards (the parts, and the working voltages inside the amp's output sections), you would know that there are only a few different parts that are used in ALL of those boards. You just count them, and add it up, and compare it to a known board with same parts performance, and there you go. It's gonna be the same. Slight differences maybe, a few more caps here, 4 smaller power supply transformers rather than 2 larger ones, same amount of the same exact mosfets running at the same rail voltages all comes out the same in the end, only minor differences in performance.

When people make ridiculous claims it's just BS and you have to call it like that if you know what's in those amp boards, just the way it is. I think someone said AQ1200D could do 1800 watts... LOL at that. I would love to see that... 1000-1200 yes. More than that, not likely much more, and it would be way over 1%THD. Those are the claims I call BS on. I don't think I said that the AQ1200D couldn't do 1200 watts below 1%THD, but what I did say, is that the AQ1200D is more equal (because of similar/same design and same parts used) to the SAZ-1000D, whereas the SAE-1200D is unique, in design and the parts that it uses, and only Sundown uses that board that I know of anyway, and it's WAY overbuilt. Problem with it is not the way it's designed, but rather the way it's assembled. Cheaply, and with a single-sided PCB. It's prone over time to failures mainly because of the PCB used. Though they have lasted suprisingly long now since they first started selling. Sundown has since redesigned the SAE-1200D along with the factory that makes it, and the new v2 will have a double sided PCB, a better layout, and way more capacitors to bring it up to par with it's actual output capabilities. I recommend Sundown products to people for these reasons, not because it's cheaper, but because their products are great, customer service is great, warranty is exceptional compared to most, and they are constantly improving their product. Not just taking whatever default board design is offered by the factory for the lowest rate, Sundown tells the factory what improvements they want done in their amps and pays extra for it. Jacob loves his products. I was really suprised when he discontinued the SAZ-3000D, it sold very well. I guess with the SAZ-3500D in the works there really was no room left in the lineup for the SAZ-3000D anymore, though it's a great amplifier, and lots of people are running them and love them just like people running the AQ amps love their amps.
    so this amp should last as long as it isn't run lower than 1 ohm and mounted where it doesn't move around?

bought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

"noobs that come in the dome will get gang raped!"
    nothing but a stock fosgate system with gps and back up camera lol
    2012 nissan sentra spec v with some goodies cumming though

dB-r is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Since the components can only be soldered on 1 side of the board, it's worst enemy is going to be vibration. And since it is capable of so much output but really needs more capacitors to produce it smoothly, keep the gain down. It will do solid 1200 without problems. Trying to squeeze 1500-1700 out of it by turning the gain up too high could cause it problems over time as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Order 6 is shipping today, and probably part of Order 7, gonna ship those 7 amps 2 at a time as I get done rebuilding them.

sundownz is offline Supporting Vendor sundownz is a Supporting Member of the forum!

sundownz is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

Jacob loves his products. I was really suprised when he discontinued the SAZ-3000D, it sold very well. I guess with the SAZ-3500D in the works there really was no room left in the lineup for the SAZ-3000D anymore, though it's a great amplifier, and lots of people are running them and love them just like people running the AQ amps love their amps.
    Indeed - I felt the price difference was so close it was not worth keeping the 3000D around any longer. We did sell ALOT of 3000s and people really did enjoy them

Chris and I also work quite a bit on determining the most common failure modes in my products so I can make changes accordingly in order to increase reliability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amen, I wish they (companies) all would do that....

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12