Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Reload Thread: another sundown vs aq thread?

05fronty is online now SALT PETER

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1281 Post(s)

Re: another sundown vs aq thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dB-r View Post
    Some people have got thiers, or they are in transit (on the shipping truck headed to them). I got the parts in early, they came in Friday! Yay!

I had a funeral, a really good friend of mine, yesterday, and viewing on Friday, so haven't been at the shop, so the parts coming in early don't really help much, but will be back to work on those amps either this evening or starting Monday morning. There is a SAZ-3000D on my desk I need to finish up, and a Stetsom 7k2d, but those shouldn't take long, the SAZ-3000D is almost done.

I never mentioned DJ. And you fools who think you know more than I do about amps can **** it. The board in the A1200D is similar if not the same performance as the SAZ-1000D and that is fact. The SAE-1200D is a beast of a cheap amp, it will literally SMOKE the A1200D. Doesn't matter what I sell. If Sundown was a POS I would tell you. The SAE-1200D is cheap, and not my favorite, but it is a powerhouse and I cannot argue with that.
    sorry about your loss. sent a pm to ya

bought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

"noobs that come in the dome will get gang raped!"
    nothing but a stock fosgate system with gps and back up camera lol
    2012 nissan sentra spec v with some goodies cumming though

BigJoker is offline Team D.O.A V.P.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Some people have got thiers, or they are in transit (on the shipping truck headed to them). I got the parts in early, they came in Friday! Yay!

I had a funeral, a really good friend of mine, yesterday, and viewing on Friday, so haven't been at the shop, so the parts coming in early don't really help much, but will be back to work on those amps either this evening or starting Monday morning. There is a SAZ-3000D on my desk I need to finish up, and a Stetsom 7k2d, but those shouldn't take long, the SAZ-3000D is almost done.

I never mentioned DJ. And you fools who think you know more than I do about amps can **** it. The board in the A1200D is similar if not the same performance as the SAZ-1000D and that is fact. The SAE-1200D is a beast of a cheap amp, it will literally SMOKE the A1200D. Doesn't matter what I sell. If Sundown was a POS I would tell you. The SAE-1200D is cheap, and not my favorite, but it is a powerhouse and I cannot argue with that.

refs---gl0ck,unbonyr,xxxpower,sundownz,C5,psych0ticnemes1 ,RydHy3845,DrumProdigy83,Mlstrass,j3bus2k3,chaarli eee,khail19,tapout,sleepyjr,CRXBMPN,skeptikal,head bussaboi,blove1991,jbizzle,DJ,Jonny101abc,rival904 ,popwarhomie

neutral---djman37,team h&k,sxpimpin

do not deal with Belunt or hotcarl.

dB-r is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Yeah, well I am at this whole thread and why it even existed...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Well not at the OP's original question, which was legit, but the comments that people made without knowing what they are talking about was what I am about....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

For those who purchased the clearance SAE-1200D's orders 3 and 4 have shipped today. 5 and 6 will likely both ship tommorow. 6 is two amps, so not sure if I can squeeze them both in tommorow, I may work late tonight to get ahead a little for tommorow. Then only thing left is the order with 7 amps and I am pretty sure that one will ship before or by Friday.

Tone415 is offline A.K.A FrisnoG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mines should arrive tomorrow!

Current Set up:[05-03-11] 2000 Chevy Impala
    Sub: 2x 15" SSA Icon d1 in a DCTV box
    Sub Amp: Audiopipe ap18001d
    Fronts: Boston Acoustics Pro 6.5x
    Rear: Rockford Fosgate 3-Way 6x9's
    Speaker Amp: Sound Stream Van Gogh 500.4
    HU: Alpine IXA-w404 - 8gb Ipod nano
    Electrical: 220 DB Electrical Alt - Big 3 in 2/0 g - Yellowtop 34/78 upfront - Deka Intimidator in the rear

tv559 is offline The Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

Im order Number 6 so db-r take your Im not in a rush.

Refs. Sold to: Superduper,ncpalafox,lmsfootball35,Schicksal,Nuked sodapop,G0NGSHOW,TacoSauce,scooter924,eclipsepb25, RetroAudioinc,smd4life,Stateprop486,Got_Bass89, Anniku989,Ryan1126,altoncustomtech-- Traded with: SteveyHustle--Bought from: MOJOBASS, Xtremebass5,Path2spl,Violentaudio,5.3bowtie, mike75356,matrxx dude, Kovemaster559,acex3a,Sundownz,Grinder1989, revrider1,andrew2944r,hornedfrog1985,tez4life .

Quote Originally Posted by 350zspl View Post
    i got the large on front
    the small in rear

they work for me

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1281 Post(s)

For those who purchased the clearance SAE-1200D's orders 3 and 4 have shipped today. 5 and 6 will likely both ship tommorow. 6 is two amps, so not sure if I can squeeze them both in tommorow, I may work late tonight to get ahead a little for tommorow. Then only thing left is the order with 7 amps and I am pretty sure that one will ship before or by Friday.
    sweet.

bought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

For those of you who have purchased these SAE-1200D Clearance items... and for those who otherwise own a SAE-1200D:

I have seen in quite a few of these SAE-1200D's problems with the input board that could only be related to letting the Battery+ wire touch the RCA Shield somewhere between the radio and the amp. You guys really need to be more careful installing these things, and other components in your setup (like other amps and crossovers etc) because if ANYWHERE in the RCA's, doesn't matter what piece of equipment it goes to, if you let the B+ wire touch the RCA Sheild anywhere in any of the RCA lines it's gonna screw up the input boards in your amps and crossovers. And do not ground your RCA Sheild to the cars GND. Should not be that way. It is supposed to be a 0 volt reference for the pre-amp circuits, not a ground. Inside the head unit it is supposed to be isolated from the cars GND and should remain that way throughout the install. If you have had to ground your RCA's to the cars GND to stop a problem, then somewhere in your setup a peice of your equipment is screwed up or you have some bad RCA cables in the setup somewhere.

Meant to post this here originally, it had gotten posted under the Best 2K amp thread by accident.

TurdFergueson2 is offline Team D.O.A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I think I understand now.
    The Sundown 1000 is capable of about 1200 watts or so give or take. The AQ 1200 by your guestimation (having never tested it) is capable of 1200 watts or so give or take. The Sundown 1200 by your testing can do more. Does that sound about right?

I can see how others and myself can raise questions being that you haven't opened up an AQ amp. And believe it or not, people do stand behind the price/performance of their AQ products. I really don't care either way as I own 4 1500 sundowns and an AQ2200D. But if I didn't and I was going by the respected word of someone like yourself, how could I when you never tested both products in question? Even in the computer arena, when people compare Intel and AMD they had side by side comparisons to do so.

I'm not sure what it would take for you to get your hands on AQ's 4 amps, but for testing and comparison purposes, it would be nice. A lot of people run these 2 brands, and just because not a lot is posted about the performance of AQ amps, don't mean they aren't putting out what is said.

WIth that being said, I wished I'd have jumped on one of the 1200Ds. I would have made use of it somehow.

Sold to: Rc10Mike, Philpbak, pbnj123, WALKSUP, silvercookie, Sir Smoke Alot
    Bought from: Korn4life, chaunb3400, fasfocus, mlstrass, Bumpin Buick, wheeler8921, annarbor84

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    I pulled into the trailer park at around 3 am bumping my sony xplod 12 on sony amp. **** SLAMS!!!!!! Anways, I pulled up and it got all the girls wet.....I guess im an uncle and a dad now
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    Don't listen to all the haters, their shiz doesnt knock...EDIT: Ohh yea, and by the way....before you haters start mouthing, I got my SLAB from wall-mart....that ish doesnt bang it XPLODES. Yea..I run sony... Schoche -SP box with 4 inch PVC downfiring into pasenger wheel well. 5-6 inch streamers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

wow people dont disconnect their battery when moving around wires and installing their stuff? Seems like a simple precaution to me.

All girls are whores, just ask your mom how you got here.

Feedback Thread
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/407829-blackfx4intn-feedback-thread.html

BigJoker is offline Team D.O.A V.P.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Well not at the OP's original question, which was legit, but the comments that people made without knowing what they are talking about was what I am about....
    Yeah, well I am at this whole thread and why it even existed...
    i will tell you again. i like AQ and sundown amps. i recommened whatever is cheaper.

refs---gl0ck,unbonyr,xxxpower,sundownz,C5,psych0ticnemes1 ,RydHy3845,DrumProdigy83,Mlstrass,j3bus2k3,chaarli eee,khail19,tapout,sleepyjr,CRXBMPN,skeptikal,head bussaboi,blove1991,jbizzle,DJ,Jonny101abc,rival904 ,popwarhomie

neutral---djman37,team h&k,sxpimpin

do not deal with Belunt or hotcarl.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1281 Post(s)

woot, mine will be here thursday,thanks db-r for getting it to me before i go on vacation!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoker View Post
    i will tell you again. i like AQ and sundown amps. i recommened whatever is cheaper.
    I generally recommend the Sundown because of the warranty. And I think they look really nice too and I know for sure they perform up to spec. Just personal preference.

As for testing the actual AQ1200D, or AQ2200D, or AQ3500D, no, have not. But when you are involved in this business like I am, it's not necessary either. I likely have tested a prototype amp with the same board in it at some point from some of the other companies I deal with that use the same build house. If you KNEW what goes into those amp boards (the parts, and the working voltages inside the amp's output sections), you would know that there are only a few different parts that are used in ALL of those boards. You just count them, and add it up, and compare it to a known board with same parts performance, and there you go. It's gonna be the same. Slight differences maybe, a few more caps here, 4 smaller power supply transformers rather than 2 larger ones, same amount of the same exact mosfets running at the same rail voltages all comes out the same in the end, only minor differences in performance.

When people make ridiculous claims it's just BS and you have to call it like that if you know what's in those amp boards, just the way it is. I think someone said AQ1200D could do 1800 watts... LOL at that. I would love to see that... 1000-1200 yes. More than that, not likely much more, and it would be way over 1%THD. Those are the claims I call BS on. I don't think I said that the AQ1200D couldn't do 1200 watts below 1%THD, but what I did say, is that the AQ1200D is more equal (because of similar/same design and same parts used) to the SAZ-1000D, whereas the SAE-1200D is unique, in design and the parts that it uses, and only Sundown uses that board that I know of anyway, and it's WAY overbuilt. Problem with it is not the way it's designed, but rather the way it's assembled. Cheaply, and with a single-sided PCB. It's prone over time to failures mainly because of the PCB used. Though they have lasted suprisingly long now since they first started selling. Sundown has since redesigned the SAE-1200D along with the factory that makes it, and the new v2 will have a double sided PCB, a better layout, and way more capacitors to bring it up to par with it's actual output capabilities. I recommend Sundown products to people for these reasons, not because it's cheaper, but because their products are great, customer service is great, warranty is exceptional compared to most, and they are constantly improving their product. Not just taking whatever default board design is offered by the factory for the lowest rate, Sundown tells the factory what improvements they want done in their amps and pays extra for it. Jacob loves his products. I was really suprised when he discontinued the SAZ-3000D, it sold very well. I guess with the SAZ-3500D in the works there really was no room left in the lineup for the SAZ-3000D anymore, though it's a great amplifier, and lots of people are running them and love them just like people running the AQ amps love their amps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smllysack View Post
    woot, mine will be here thursday,thanks db-r for getting it to me before i go on vacation!
    No problem, it's shipping today, I assume you must have already received the ship notice.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

User Tag List