Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: TRU TECHNOLOGY Amps

Quote Originally Posted by hoss
    i dont have any pics of the 502's just yet. we still havent finished building them yet... but they are a little over halfway there.

i should be getting the H-1 in this weekend, i have it payed for, just gotta pick it up. there is also going to be a second one coming this summer, when i get the money for it (thats only 600 warranty friendly watts nick ).

and as for the 4 magnums... im sure you know what they look like, but if you wanna see them you can see the pics of my old vehicle at SI's web page. it is the 1997 red explorer.
    I have no qualms about flying down there, murdering you, taking your 502's and caging Nick to make me more speakers for my maniacal whims.

Oh yes...they will be mine...

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

hoss is offline imma genius. so **** it!

inside icetee, while he is inside seths sister
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you can hear a difference between two amps, one of them is broken. It's job is to amplify the signal, not distort it into something it's not meant to be. Doesn't matter what it costs or who makes it.
    i beg to differ here. i have heard several amps on magnums, and some of them just lacked the ability to control the subs. made them a tad boomy. but to each his own, and i dont care to get into it with anyone. so i will just leave my oppinion at that .

do u have a review of the 502's.
    me and nick are currently working together on finishing the 502's... well mostly nick, but i am getting a little input in where i can . all i can really say about them right now is that they are going to be a 3-way design, with 8" midbass, 5" mid-range, and tweeters that are fricken massive. next time i go home i will snap some pics of what we have so far. unfortunatly though, i dont think i am going to have the funds to install until early summer .

I have no qualms about flying down there, murdering you, taking your 502's and caging Nick to make me more speakers for my maniacal whims.
    why dont you and your expensive canadian pants just stay right where you are mark

awalbert88 is offline Blame Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_ab

Oh yes...they will be mine...
    For some reason, having Strongbad as your avatar makes that even funnier.

As for not being able to hear a difference between two amps... I believe it is possible. If you can't tell the difference between my old Optimus 400W amp (with it's insane 10% THD) and, say, an Eclipse amp, then you should have your ears cut off. Not all amps are created equal, and the Optimus is a prime example. Even Legacy/Pyle/Boss/Pyramid don't distort quite that much, but I fully believe you can tell a difference between those amps and higher quality amps with reasonable distortion. Now, being able to hear a difference between an Eclipse amp and a Tru amp is another story... one that involves catching a fish that's 5ft long and weighs 400lbs... and a unicorn being rode by a leprachaun.

Ahem... yeah.

JL Audio 12W7, JBL BP300.1

1993 Mercury Capri XR2
    1998 Ford Mustang
    1989 Audi 100 Quattro
    2000 Buick Regal GS

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

i beg to differ here. i have heard several amps on magnums, and some of them just lacked the ability to control the subs. made them a tad boomy. but to each his own, and i dont care to get into it with anyone. so i will just leave my oppinion at that .
    I'm talking A/B to A/B, D to D, T to T etc.

me and nick are currently working together on finishing the 502's...
    Nick and I.

why dont you and your expensive canadian pants just stay right where you are mark
    You're simply jealous of my pant supremacy. It's okay, I forgive you, and accept you (partially).

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

lol a sub (especially some of the monsters out now) is totally different than driving mids and highs..totally unless you think driving or moving a yugo is the same thing as a driving or moving land mover.

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Mark_ab

Nick and I.
    thanks miss english teacher :roll:

as for the amp issue, i will agree with your now revised statement.

and thanks for partially accepting me, i guess thats all i can really ask for. well that, and for you to hold me at night :p .

zane is offline Bored.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice amps- however, not worth the speculated price considering they merely amplify, and another amp of lesser cost can do the same exact thing.

An amps job is to strengthen the signal- not color it.

Then again, those that can not grasp this point may also want to subscribe to the following:

Some amplifiers sound better than others

Cap's actually do benefit a system

Underpowering speakers will hurt them

Cranking my system makes me look cool

or in more simple terms, they could use this similar logic to revert to a square wheel.

take it easy,

-zane

Webslave - www.SoundwavesCS.net

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

- Henry David Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zane
    Nice amps- however, not worth the speculated price considering they merely amplify, and another amp of lesser cost can do the same exact thing.

Then again, those that can not grasp this point may also want to subscribe to the following:

or in more simple terms, they could use this similar logic to revert to a square wheel.

take it easy,

-zane
    not saying that an amp "colors" the sound, but different amps act different... other wise there would only be one class of amp. and everyone would be happy.

for instance; class "a"(tubes) amplifiers add in second harmonic distortion - "warmth"

for the rest of the amplifier stages they are all dependent upon everything after the actual (technical) amplifier stage. this means about 1/2 of what every amplifier actually is.

you say every amp sounds the same... that is personal preference. but there are different classes of amp because every amp works differently... so if if they do the "same thing" differently, what makes you think the end result is going to be the same??

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_ab
    I'm talking A/B to A/B, D to D, T to T etc.

You're simply jealous of my pant supremacy. It's okay, I forgive you, and accept you (partially).
    speaking of jeans got my paper denim's.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

ability to control a woofer is explained as dampening factor..havent yet figured how they do this (considering half the 400+ df amps do worse) basically the thing you got to remember is this REAL power will control the driver. a STABLE amp will do this better upon its reactive load. never heard a bad amp (unless it was used wrong) even the pyramid stuff before it caught on fire lol if its in the wrong application lesser amps fail and since 90% of what gets called junk is called so by volume masters the application (and how it was used) is often over looked. u can change your sound by changing speakers (kinds, locations ect )and processing (eq xover) alot better than changing hu's and amps

Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

awalbert88 is offline Blame Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, an amp's job is to increase the strength of a signal and not to color it. However, some amps introduce considerable noise into a signal due to poor design, thus producing a noticable change in sound quality.

JL Audio 12W7, JBL BP300.1

1993 Mercury Capri XR2
    1998 Ford Mustang
    1989 Audi 100 Quattro
    2000 Buick Regal GS

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

take it easy,

-zane
    My car goes faster with square wheels. And I look cooler.
    I like your thinking! You should have a magazine or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by awalbert88
    Yes, an amp's job is to increase the strength of a signal and not to color it. However, some amps introduce considerable noise into a signal due to poor design, thus producing a noticable change in sound quality.
    what are we talking about thump amps? if it makes a noise that shouldnt be there u didnt ground it right (some amps are noise monsters but i never been able to not take care of it unless it had cold solder joints)

Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

zane is offline Bored.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wang Wang Wang. Yes, let's blame THD for effecting SQ in an amplifier.

http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/thd.htm

I particularly like this quote:

" When someone tells you that one amplifier is definitely going to sound better because its THD is rated at .002% vs an amp with .05%, you can be pretty sure that he doesn't know what he's talking about. Many people believe that THD below 1% is not audible and I believe they're probably correct. "

Notice that speakers can easily introduce greater than 1% THD - even to the point of being audible. -Thus why some speakers are clearly better than others also.

Pretty clear that the amplifiers introduced distortion has no bearing on SQ.

Point 1 is pretty null and void.

Hoss, amplifiers do work differently- by means of the way they deliver wattage; not by influencing sound.

Now we can bring up the issue of non-standard amplifier ratings-

Amp a is rated at 400 W but actually produces near 700 W

Amp b is rated also at 400 w but actually produces near 300 W

Now clearly to the untrained ear- amp A would sound better than amp B on the same system due to the increased signal strength. While in fact- SQ has remained the same, power has varied.

Thus, the end result will be the same, because the amplifier did not, and can not influence Sound Quality.

If it does, its broken; or its not an amplifier.

Last I checked RC still had his $10k to confirm this.

Oh yes, Marky - My purple car goes faster than your red car- with square wheels.

Magazine? We don't need no stinkin magazine.

take it easy,

-zane

Webslave - www.SoundwavesCS.net

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

- Henry David Thoreau

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wang Wang Wang. Yes, let's blame THD for effecting SQ in an amplifier.

http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/thd.htm

I particularly like this quote:

" When someone tells you that one amplifier is definitely going to sound better because its THD is rated at .002% vs an amp with .05%, you can be pretty sure that he doesn't know what he's talking about. Many people believe that THD below 1% is not audible and I believe they're probably correct. "

Notice that speakers can easily introduce greater than 1% THD - even to the point of being audible. -Thus why some speakers are clearly better than others also.

Pretty clear that the amplifiers introduced distortion has no bearing on SQ.

Point 1 is pretty null and void.

Hoss, amplifiers do work differently- by means of the way they deliver wattage; not by influencing sound.

Now we can bring up the issue of non-standard amplifier ratings-

Amp a is rated at 400 W but actually produces near 700 W

Amp b is rated also at 400 w but actually produces near 300 W

Now clearly to the untrained ear- amp A would sound better than amp B on the same system due to the increased signal strength. While in fact- SQ has remained the same, power has varied.

Thus, the end result will be the same, because the amplifier did not, and can not influence Sound Quality.

If it does, its broken; or its not an amplifier.

Last I checked RC still had his $10k to confirm this.

Oh yes, Marky - My purple car goes faster than your red car- with square wheels.

Magazine? We don't need no stinkin magazine.

take it easy,

-zane
    all i can say is, **** it's good to have you back.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast