Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Why are JBL amps inexspensive?

Forty-Ouncer is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why are JBL amps inexspensive?

ok a 1200watt JBL amp (1200.1) is only $289!!!! with a list price of only $550. Why are they so cheap? Are they shiiiity amps? Whats the SQ like? Do they get hot like mofos?

iom looking to buy an amp for my subs, thinking like a 600watt amp, but if i can get a 1200watt one for the price im willing to spend, max$300, I should get the JBL??

Deck: Alpine IVA-C800
    Fronts: MB Quart Premium PSD216 6.5" Comps
    Rears: MB Quart Discus DSE216 6.5" Comps
    Front/Rear Amp: Alpine MRV-T420 2ch (F/S)
    Subs: 2x 12" MB Quart Premium PWE304
    Sub Amp: NOTHING!!

Looking for ~1000rmsx1@1ohm mono amp
    Looking for ~100rmsx4@4ohm 4 ch amp

anaranchi is offline your mom's hot

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Why are JBL amps inexspensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Forty-Ouncer
    ok a 1200watt JBL amp (1200.1) is only $289!!!! with a list price of only $550. Why are they so cheap? Are they shiiiity amps? Whats the SQ like? Do they get hot like mofos?

iom looking to buy an amp for my subs, thinking like a 600watt amp, but if i can get a 1200watt one for the price im willing to spend, max$300, I should get the JBL??

well jbl amps are really good for the money but if u have $300 go for the tsunami DB 1100.. u can get it at ED's web page for like $220+ shipping ... the tsunami will put out 1200w or more @ 1ohm........

Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

or u can go with the Hifonics BX 1500d thats under 300 as well.

about the JBL it is a good amp. mine gets warm after playing it loud for a long time. And there isnt really such thing as a SQ amp. amps are better than another because of their features and build quality = lasting longer, doesnt get hot.

Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmm the problem is i dont have enough knowledge/experience/$$ to know whats good out there. They are just way too many amps out there to look out. And its so difficult cause i dont really know too much. Im trying hard to read and listen to everything i find. All i can do is ask you guys whats good and then go from there.

Ive checked through the amp threads and seem to notice Hifonics and Tsunami are mentioned a lot.

Also there is a guy selling his used hifonics z1000d on here for $250+shipping. But ive never bought stuff off people online before and am unsure what to do. I mean what happens if i pay him and he sends me a busted amp, or no amp at all. Is there any kind of protection or is it just all private sales. Does anyone get ripped off if they buy off people on this forum?

davidfre21 is offline Is just a lil racist...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Forty-Ouncer
    hmm the problem is i dont have enough knowledge/experience/$$ to know whats good out there. They are just way too many amps out there to look out. And its so difficult cause i dont really know too much. Im trying hard to read and listen to everything i find. All i can do is ask you guys whats good and then go from there.

Ive checked through the amp threads and seem to notice Hifonics and Tsunami are mentioned a lot.

Also there is a guy selling his used hifonics z1000d on here for $250+shipping. But ive never bought stuff off people online before and am unsure what to do. I mean what happens if i pay him and he sends me a busted amp, or no amp at all. Is there any kind of protection or is it just all private sales. Does anyone get ripped off if they buy off people on this forum?
    ask for some of his referances then talk to them or maybe he has some ebay referances i dont know just something to think about.

IA FTW!!!
    Team Sundown... what?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yea man i know cause i totally want his amp. Its like $400 new (best price i can find for it online..). so id really like to get that amp it lookss high quality. But why would you sell it if nothings wrong with it? like wouldnt that be an amp to last you untill it busts?

but anyways with the tsunami amp i have two choices. Buy it off edesign.com and have it shipped to canda. or buy it off GCA for $450CDN with free shipping. I wonder how much the difference in price would be?

tibbynate2 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JBL amps are way over rated. I am sorry if i upset people. They are kind of like Sony amps with those big max wattage statements. Look at the RMS of that amp it probably is 600 watts. True it is not a really bad amp but my customers have not been impressed with the amps. The 1200.1 probably puts a good 400 watts constant. Also all the reviews complain of alternator noise. Sadly the fix was using a different amp. I sell visonik and lightning audio amps at my shop. The Visonik amps (if installed correctly) will kill almost anything else on the market. They were first to have true class X technology. Visonik is also inexpensive for the power they have. Tell me what ohm you need the amp to run and what wattage. Visonik has amps with true wattage around $300. give me an email at [email protected]

they have a amp runnig 500 watts at 1 ohm rms for about $282

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tibbynate2
    JBL amps are way over rated. I am sorry if i upset people. They are kind of like Sony amps with those big max wattage statements. Look at the RMS of that amp it probably is 600 watts. True it is not a really bad amp but my customers have not been impressed with the amps. The 1200.1 probably puts a good 400 watts constant. Also all the reviews complain of alternator noise. Sadly the fix was using a different amp. I sell visonik and lightning audio amps at my shop. The Visonik amps (if installed correctly) will kill almost anything else on the market. They were first to have true class X technology. Visonik is also inexpensive for the power they have. Tell me what ohm you need the amp to run and what wattage. Visonik has amps with true wattage around $300. give me an email at [email protected]

you sir are what i would like to call a shop moron. lol "Class X' technology huh?? lets see here class X is simply a class D name with market hype to make people think it's different. now on the jbl note, the amps are nothing but power amps with **** for build quality, and user friendly features. they will do their rated power if not slightly more but are horrible to adjust anything on them as well as they tend to have problems for unknown reasons. visonik can kill anything on the market if installed correctly??? hmmm, i'll raise the BS flag VERY high on that one.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

NDMstang65 is offline Active Noise Control?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

only visonik amps that have done more then the power that is printed on the case is the 4000xd

end of story

peaceski

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NDMstang65
    only visonik amps that have done more then the power that is printed on the case is the 4000xd

end of story

peaceski
    bah you know nothing you unloud bastage.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

n2audio is offline OPTIDRIVEN

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bumpin_blazer
    you sir are what i would like to call a shop moron. lol "Class X' technology huh?? lets see here class X is simply a class D name with market hype to make people think it's different. now on the jbl note, the amps are nothing but power amps with **** for build quality, and user friendly features. they will do their rated power if not slightly more but are horrible to adjust anything on them as well as they tend to have problems for unknown reasons. visonik can kill anything on the market if installed correctly??? hmmm, i'll raise the BS flag VERY high on that one.

adam

But Blazer -- Didn't you get the memo that having a "shop" automatically means you know more than anyone who doesn't??? C'mon man!!

It never fails that someone who owns a shop comes to a forum like this with several well educated posters thinking he/she is god's gift to car audio. They proceed to make an *** of themselves once or twice before making a quiet exit.

On a serious note though Nate - according to this forum - and several others - the JBL class D amps have consistently proven to be cost effective powerhouses. I'm not talking about a few "customers". I'm talking about hundreds, possibly thousands of people who have and love the JBL's.

Visonik seems to have made some good progress over the past few designs and judging by some of the pics I've seen of the inside of them they have a line or 2 that seems to have some real tanks, but they still do make some budget quality amps.

Here's a good INDEPENDENT review of one of the JBL amps.
    http://www.carsound.com/reviews/amps/p1802.html

It meets or slightly exceeds all of its ratings at 12.8V and blows them away at 14V.

Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

lol.....400 watts rms? What is a shop by u making more sales than u of JBL amps or somethin.
    Its been benched by many people on this forum. it does roughly 1300 watts rms. Some have even been benched for 1400. go *** urself

Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)

B0mberman is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by capone28
    lol.....400 watts rms? What is a shop by u making more sales than u of JBL amps or somethin.
    Its been benched by many people on this forum. it does roughly 1300 watts rms. Some have even been benched for 1400. go *** urself
    OWNED! =) LOL

B 0 M b E R m A n

namster44 is offline Great White North

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JBL amps are way over rated. I am sorry if i upset people. They are kind of like Sony amps with those big max wattage statements. Look at the RMS of that amp it probably is 600 watts.
    I hate freaking ppl that come on here and say that something is ****, when clearly it is not. The JBL 1200.1 puts about 400 rms is just stupid. it doesn't even put that out at 4 ohms, try at least 600 RMS, probably closer to 650. Benched it will be underrated, dollar per watt, it's pretty **** good.

The Visonik amps (if installed correctly) will kill almost anything else on the market. They were first to have true class X technology. Visonik is also inexpensive for the power they have. Tell me what ohm you need the amp to run and what wattage. Visonik has amps with true wattage around $300. give me an email at [email protected]

We my friend, you should go **** yourself because if you have an amp that will do 500 watts for $282 we all might as well throw all the JBL, Tsunami, Hifonics and buy your amps. Christ the Tsunami only does 1300 RMS at 14.4 for $250, man I gotta get rid of my extra 800 watts and buy something that costs more too. Where do I sign?

This years line up.....

*eD, Tsunami, CDT, Alpine, EFX wiring/block/fuses*

paikiah is offline Wangaholic

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    Seas 27TDF/C, RE XXX 6.5, custom xo (dyn 240GT sitting idle)
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22
    Soundstream picasso 1400.1D

Bass drive-by's are uncool.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast