Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Need some serious help for tweaking the amps

I have all the pieces of the puzzles but they are not falling into place like I had envisioned it. I am trying to get the best sound out of my system but still no avail. So far my set-up goes as follws.... Eclipse 8053 is the brains..... 2 sets of Adire Kodas Components powered by an Eclipse 4 channel amp 75 watts for each channel, 2 12" Adire Brahmas powered by 2 tsunami 1100Db amps. The subs are in a sealed enclosure built to the reccomendations from the Adire website. I am looking for strictly sound quality. The problem is is that I do not know enough about the amps to begin messing around with them plus the headunit has alot featuers that I don't even know what they are used for. So any suggestions or recomendations would be greatly appreciated for the amps and or headunit.

Jbarbier is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need some serious help for tweaking the amps

So, what specifically do you need help with? Is it all installed? Let me know, so I can know where to start.

shadybutclever is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Everything is already installed. The main problem I have is that I listen to Rap and alternative and they don't mix well with the same eq settings. I don't know much about the amps meaning the gains and the "hz". PLus the head unit itself is a headache. So any advice to getting the settings going in the right direction. One note about the head unit is that there are 2 different modes regular and pro mode. I called the company and the guy recommended I that I stay away from pro mode cause it should only be used for competition purposes. Thanks for the help

Jbarbier is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok man, Im not trying to insult your intelligence here, im just gonna explain everything and if you already knew it, disregard it. well im GUESSING (correct me if im wrong) that the preouts on that HU are 4volts, you wanna match the gain in your amp to ur HU before you do anything (i'll explain), Hz is the frequency crossover of the signal, like below 100Hz is what I usually use for subs. Check out http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/caraudio.htm they have ALOT of information that i would just be repeating, check out the site and if you still have a question, ask me
    and about the gains, they have a section on that site, its hard to explain

Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

ok to make it much easier on u than reading through that whole eteal site. do this..

Turn ur music up as high as u would ever listen to it. Then start turning up the gain(input) on ur amp until u hear distortion. Set ur crossover where u like it. Is there a little Q on ur crossover knob put it at that. or below it or above it however u like. But the higher u put ur crossover the less clean the subs will sound. as for bass boost turn it all the way dont its not needed and causes distortion and boomy sounding subs. Do the same process for ur speaker amp. As for the HU ur gona need to read ur manual and learn about the features on it. But turn ur treble and bass controls how u like em before u set ur amps to get started. Then u can mess with everything else on the HU.

Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)

Closed Thread