+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 68 118 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: Official Old School Collectors Thread

dB-r is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Official Old School Collectors Thread

From the depths of old school car audio amplifier HELL comes this:

Generation I (I think) HiFonics Collosus. Zed Audio built this I think....

Rusty NASTY bastard.....

Power Input side.... I think the fuse recommendations are Per Channel...

Next to a Sundown Audio SAZ-3000D

The Guts.... Been hacked up a little over the years, but all original (almost all) outputs are still there, This amp IS rebuildable still to this day, and can be beefed up a little.... one of these days I will rebuild it, but I am gonna leave it all rusty and nasty on the outside just like it is in these pics....

This amps internals are suprizingly similar to some of the newer US Amps like US-2000....

Bigger than....

Next to an Orion 2250SX aka "The Beast". "The Beast" doesn't looks so beastly next to this old school original model Collosus now does it.... muuuhhwahaha

oldschool4me is offline Premium Member oldschool4me is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

nice os monster you got there chris.

REF's: Revrider1, Kevinn, darkhunter139, 2002XLT,
    lax916, bad @ss chevy, dropped_mazda, integra88, CRXBMPN, 88irocZ, the franchise, SlainNothing, pootie, khmer rouge, NewAgeKing, thegreatestpenn, oneill584, headless, scoob8000, Blados,ProjectPechkin, Krackerjack, CrownVicon24's, Louisiana_CRX, go_go_thrash, IonSQL, PBateman, ericoutdoorguy, Flomaster, B-roc, RetroAudioinc, ampjunkielikeme, bur1196, integra2468, illbmeubu, j3bus2k3, wgsj_fortvalley, l7runner, Fast1one, +many more
    Ref thread:
    http://caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/286493-oldschool4me-feedback-thread.html
    R.I.P Taylor Lampart (NewAgeKing) 5/13/1988 - 1/24/2010

Shinju is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Nice, I spy a Phoenix Gold Son of Frank Amp'n Stein!

wishbone is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice stuff. how are you guys making your pictures so big ?

WB

Don't just sit there looking at it , GET IT DONE !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HEHE... You have to make them like 800x600 (resize) and upload them to a web server then link them as an image to the post, not use the attachment function....

Yes, you spy a Son of Crankenstein (or Son of Frank Ampn Stein I am not sure... LOL) amp in the background..... You just NEVER know what we have around here at any given time...... I am waiting on an old KAC1020 to roll in here... LOL anyone remember that one? Old Brick Beast...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just picked up a LA sounds Ventura 200 BT today, niceness. Ill have pictures up tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Worstenemy453 View Post
    I just picked up a LA sounds Ventura 200 BT today, niceness. Ill have pictures up tomorrow.
    Dude, I had one of those too back in the day, bought it new at the local wholesale shack for like $140..... I didn't realise how big it was until I tried to put it under the seat of my reg cab truck and it stuck out like 3". Also I was VERY suprised at the power output, was beastly for the $$$ I paid for it... Actually, I think mine was a LA Sounds "Laguna" 200 BT or something like that.... maybe it was Ventura but I thought I remembered it saying Laguna on it. It was pretty big on the outside, probably about the size of the SAZ-3000D.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dB-r View Post
    Dude, I had one of those too back in the day, bought it new at the local wholesale shack for like $140..... I didn't realise how big it was until I tried to put it under the seat of my reg cab truck and it stuck out like 3". Also I was VERY suprised at the power output, was beastly for the $$$ I paid for it... Actually, I think mine was a LA Sounds "Laguna" 200 BT or something like that.... maybe it was Ventura but I thought I remembered it saying Laguna on it. It was pretty big on the outside, probably about the size of the SAZ-3000D.
    Thiso ne iant that big, i dont think lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, this one was like 2 x 220W or 4 x 110W I cannot remember.... I could probably find the receipt, but it's buried deep somewhere, as it's been since 1993 since I sold that amp, LOL. I had it on a pair of old school Punch 15's (from like 1991) in the trunk of my 86 Grand Am, and then I put it in my 90 Chevy Pickup on a single 15" punch behind the seat (was fun making that fit LOL, sounded great though). A guy wanted both the amp and the sub box for his older model pickup after he heard it so I sold it to him for like $300 and I used the money to get some other used gear cheap (2 x Kicker 8's behind the seat on a Kenwood KAC-920) and blew the rest on gas and stuff running around town, was like 19-20 years old back then... back in the day... I should have kept it, although the two 8's did excellent with the 920 on them... Most people didn't believe it when I raised the seat up to show them what was behind there... LOL..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's some more old school goodness (rusty goodness?) here at dB-r:

Pioneer GM-H100 and "The Punch 45". This May well be the first Punch 45 ever made.... LOL....

Tell me this aint some old *** shiz.....

Dirty Bastard... Gotta love the styling of the 45 lettering... reminds me of Metallica for some reason....

Black Brick. Pioneer GM-H100

Check out the raised lettering of the GM-H100 badging... doesn't get more pimp than that.... Could break a car windsheild with this thing no problem, just drop it, it weighs ALOT for it's size....

Elevator Screws! nice! WTF is the Remote wire???? LOL anyone remember dealing with that back in the day?

Punch 45 Guts. Looks like a really really really OLD PCB.... LOL High Tech in 1986 or so when it was made....

The GM-H100 works great! The Punch 45 just needs outputs, I am just lazy so I hadn't repaired it yet... it isn't like it's going anywhere...

Hope you enjoyed!

01 S 10 is offline LOUD

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont have any old school amps, but i have an old sub lol.. not even sure how old. my neighbor gave it to me and said he used it in the early 90's. not sure if its THAT old though..

-2005 GMC Sierra SLE crew cab
    -Pioneer Avic-d3, factory BOSE

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that is from 93-94ish. A couple of the cars my installer done (2 grand prix's) used those subs in some FAT installs. Hooked up to a 6.0 they would hit pretty good and sound great doing it.

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

gunz4me is offline Goodbye!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinju View Post
    Orion 280gx and Hollywood Soundlabs Audio Gods 4 channel

I have no Idea if the orion works I never bothered to get a replacement speaker plug for it.

Hmm, your 280 GX looks different from mine. I guess mine is a later revision

Goodbye pudknockers.

Shinju is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dB-r View Post
    HEHE... You have to make them like 800x600 (resize) and upload them to a web server then link them as an image to the post, not use the attachment function....

Yes, you spy a Son of Crankenstein (or Son of Frank Ampn Stein I am not sure... LOL) amp in the background..... You just NEVER know what we have around here at any given time...... I am waiting on an old KAC1020 to roll in here... LOL anyone remember that one? Old Brick Beast...
    I had a 1021 that I picked up along time ago it was blown, Big black box of doom!

I owned a 1023 I still think that amplifier was bigger. those Kenwoods were beefy. I had my 1023 running 2 Punch Pro 18"s (bought brand new), I wish I would have held on to some of this stuff but being young and dumb and in debt.....

List of Ref's Just ask, Shinju on all Car Audio Forums!

Flawless Ebay Feedback User: Shadox2k2

gunz4me is offline Goodbye!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Better photos of the Linear Power 5002s:

Note my signature

Goodbye pudknockers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 68 118 ... LastLast