Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

which would you choose

I am planning on getting a eD 15A and a tsunami amp. I was thinking maybe the db1800T and only running it @ 4 ohms for 900 wrms . It seems like a good buy and if i decide to add another speacker or change the set up I could drop the load to 2 ohms to get 1800 wrms, which I probably will never do. Besides it will run cooler and cleaner @ 4 ohms and still be enough power for the A. Or I could get the Db1100d and run it @ 1ohm and squeeze 1100wrms out of it with no options of expanding. The 15A will be in a vented enclosure so 1100 wrms may be pushing it a little. Please give me any reasons you would choose one set up over the other.

And also would 4awg power wire be sufficient for the 1800T if i only planned on running 4ohms 900wrms?

paikiah is offline Wangaholic

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: which would you choose

I like the idea of the 1800 amps and a single 15A. As you said, more expansion possibilities. Oh, and I wouldn't go that far as to say that you won't ever require 1800W+ RMS from them.

As for wiring, I guess you COULD get away with a 4gauge, but to be safe, at least a 2? If you're concerned about wiring costs, get welder's cable instead. Ask snova for details.

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ
    Seas 27TDF/C, RE XXX 6.5, custom xo (dyn 240GT sitting idle)
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22
    Soundstream picasso 1400.1D

Bass drive-by's are uncool.

phoneman is offline i like pie

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: which would you choose

Quote Originally Posted by paikiah
    I like the idea of the 1800 amps and a single 15A. As you said, more expansion possibilities. Oh, and I wouldn't go that far as to say that you won't ever require 1800W+ RMS from them.

As for wiring, I guess you COULD get away with a 4gauge, but to be safe, at least a 2? If you're concerned about wiring costs, get welder's cable instead. Ask snova for details.
    Cool, I have already ordered the 15a and the 1800. I am going to try 4awg with a 90 or a 100 amp fuse because I already have it in my truck from last amp. I believe the 4 gauge will be alright as long as I keep it at a 4ohm load with 900wrms. If i ever decide to add another 15A and drop the load to 2 ohm I will definately get something 2awg or bigger.

Closed Thread