Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: If I need 4000w to power subs, and get a 5000w amp, will the subs get overpowered?

AcidikBass20 is offline Bass Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I need 4000w to power subs, and get a 5000w amp, will the subs get overpowered?

I wanna run 2 Fi BTL's, 18". These are both 2000w RMS. Is running a 5000w amp to them bad? even if it is not at full power? Would a 4000w amp be better? What electrical am I going to need? 400 amps? What are some solid 4000w amps?

Head - JVC KW-AVX810J, Delphi XpressRC
    Front - Infinity Reference 6x9, 6.5, 5.5
    Sub - 2 Earthquake DBXi-12 (new coming)
    Amps - 2 Sundown SAZ-3000s, Kenwood KAC-4802
    Acc - 4 Batcap 2000, DC AD250SP alt, 4 runs of Knu 1/0 Kolossus Flecks wire, Stinger fuses and ends

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: If I need 4000w to power subs, and get a 5000w amp, will the subs get overpowered

Quote Originally Posted by AcidikBass20 View Post
    I wanna run 2 Fi BTL's, 18". These are both 2000w RMS. Is running a 5000w amp to them bad? even if it is not at full power? Would a 4000w amp be better? What electrical am I going to need? 400 amps? What are some solid 4000w amps?
    The BTL's will have no problem handling that......some people run 3500+ to them daily.....I would actually recommend running a little more than rms to them, just based on the big 12" challenge......and for electrical, you are going to need a HO alt, a couple of batts, Big 3.....

ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Re: If I need 4000w to power subs, and get a 5000w amp, will the subs get overpowered

Youre going to need the big three in 0 gauge, 2 runs of 0 gauge to the back, a couple good batteries (deka intimadators, kinetic 2400's etc) a good battery under the hood and you might get away with it. If not you need a higher amp alt also. 5000w wont hurt the subs if you know what you are doing, and they probably wont see 5000w anyway.

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea this is for a daily set

Acc - 4 Batcap 2000, DC AD250SP alt, 4 runs of Knu 1/0 Kolossus Flecks wire, Stinger fuses and ends

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Wanna sell your current sub amp combo?

That's a good setup!

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea I do, are you interested?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Ygpm

REFS:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

let me know if you wanna talk about pricing. but first I need to figure out if I can get something in there place. Its all about if my car, with 1 HO alt and 2 or 3 batteries can run about 4000-5000 watts

groundpound4200 is offline Da fuq did I just read?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quit making these threads. Just buy something.

2007 Honda Pilot 2008 Nissan Maxima
    2 RD D9s strapped @ 1 ohm Sundown SAZ-1500D V.3
    2 Sundown Nightshade V.2s 2 10" Atomic APX
    Sundown SAX-125.2 x 2 Sundown SAX-100.4
    Sundown NeoPro 6.5"s, JL ZR Tweets Sundown NeoPros

RIP Taylor aka NewAgeKing, you are missed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

What is your car. I think you could get away without an alt, just NEVER bump with the car off and dont bump it full blast for long period of time (over 20-30 mins straight) and watch your voltage and i think youll be fine (coming from the guy who ran 2200w off stock electrical and 4 gauge wire

REFS:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by groundpound4200 View Post
    Quit making these threads. Just buy something.
    Quit hatin' on people who are asking LEGITIMATE questions on a CAR AUDIO forum.

kthxbai

REFS:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

And I hope you're talking about walling the car if it's the one in your ava?

REFS:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1) thanks for groundpound
    2) I am getting a new alt either way. mechman, 150 idol, 200 running
    3) Yea im doing a angled wall from rear deck to ground, or just taking out the backseat and building a box for that. My avatar is my current. the subs face back the box, enclosed with wood. youtube video shows it pretty well.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So I still need to find a solid 4000 or 2 2000 for around 1000-1300 dollars

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bump

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast