does this amp comes even close to doing rated power? anybody got any expeirence with them?
XA Series Class D Amplifier Features:
Remote Bass Control (Included): Wired dash mounted remote allows you to fine tune the amps special BASS EQ circuitry. Variable from 0~18dB.
Strap Two Amps Together for Double Power Output: Allows two of the same model amplifier to be combined in a Master/Slave configuration to function as one for increased power.
Oversized Power and Ground Inputs: Heavy duty 4-Guage CNC machined high efficiency Power and Ground Inputs for maximum power transfer.
24 dB/Octave Electronic Crossover: Variable LPF (Low Pass Frequency) from 20Hz~1.5KHz plus a separate variable Sub Sonic filter for maximum system flexibilty.
Self-diagnostic Protection Circuitry: 4-way protection circuitry guards against Short Circuit/Thermal Overheating/ Impedance Overload and DC Output
XA-4000D (Available 4th Quarter 2006)
Mono Power Amplifier
• 4 ohm Power : 1350W x 1
• 2 ohm Power : 2700W x 1
• 1 ohm Mono Power : 4000W x 1
• Strapped Power : 8000W
• Total Harmonic Distortion : <0.5%
• Frequency Response : 18Hz - 250Hz
• S/N Ratio : >90 dB/W/M
• Damping Factor : >200
• Input Sensitivity : 0.3 - 8.0 volts
• Crossover Slope : 12 dB
• High-Pass Crossover Freq : 50Hz - 250Hz
• Variable Subwoofer EQ : 0/+18 dB
• Subwoofer EQ Frequency : 45Hz
• Dimensions : 25.5" x 10.51" x 2.56"
• Dimensions : 648mm x 267mm x 65mm