Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Amplifier Settings

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amplifier Settings

I am really new to this car audio stuff and I am not quite sure exactly how my amp should be set. I have the stock Bose system in my car with 1 12" type R powered by an MTX 600XD. I also still use the stock HU in the car. The box is ported and tuned to around 33 Hz. The original settings that my installer placed on my amp are as follows:

LPF: Around 80Hz
    Subsonic: 50 Hz (As high as it goes)
    Gain: 0.8V

I have the headunit at -5 bass and +5 treble and find myself adjusting the bass knob during each different song, which I heard is not good because turning the bass knob up too much can cause damage. What I want is to be able to have my bass on the headunit at 0 but when I set the bass to 0, since my stock bose amp and MTX amp are connected using a Hi Lo converter, the bass gets really loud and that is with the remote bass knob as low as it will go. With the bass on the HU set at -5 and am missing a lot of mid bass.

What I am basically looking for is to have my remote bass knob around 30% and the HU bass set at 0 and to be able to leave it around there during all the songs I listen to. I know you guys can't exactly tell me what I want my settings to be but I was just looking for some kind of help. BTW I listen to mostly hip-hop music but also listen to some rock music if that helps at all.

endofdays89 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Amplifier Settings

you definitely need to get a new head unit. It will be hard to do on stock since the bass knob will probably control both subs output and speaker lows at the same time.

When you get an aftermarket head unit you will be able to adjust the midbass and the subs output and you wouldn't ever have to adjust your bass knob if you set your setting correctly. I hate to say this, but it is time for a new head unit if you don't like the problem you are having.

BTW, i am the same way. i listen to mostly metal though and went through a ton of settings to get the sound perfect for both rap and metal while still having awesome midbass for both. I now only have to increase the sub level on the head unit +4 to get the best bass my system can create when switching to rap.

simpsonbuck is offline Decibles for breakfast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New h/u and get more power. Lower your subsonic filter to about 30hz or so.

BWareofDWare94 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I were to get a new headunit I would lose the bluetooth for my car and would also lose to steering wheels controls also wouldnt I?

Is there anyway that I couild still keep these features even if I got a new headunit?

And does anyone know if theyre is anyone in the Maryland area that could help me with my problem? I keep thinking I want to make it sound better but I have no one to help me.

simpsonbuck is offline Decibles for breakfast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can wire it to your new h/u.

BWareofDWare94 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's where I have my problem I do not know how to do anything with car audio. A shop installed my sub and amp but I think I would rather find someone from this forum around here to help me get it the way I would like it to sound.

You can wire both the bluetooth and the steering wheel controls to the amp?

What headunit would you recommend?

Closed Thread