Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reload Thread: What is the difference between a Profile amp and a McIntosh amp???

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: What is the difference between a Profile amp and a McIntosh amp???

helotaxi is offline Kilroy was Here

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They're all wrong too, squeak. Haven't you figured out that this guy knows everything and the rest of us know nothing? I mean he even took a picture of a textbook to show that he misinterpreted to say that all crystals are the same so surely he must know it all. Oh, except for the actual comprehension or application of any of it...I knew something was missing.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Life's tough...it's even tougher when you're stupid.

DidUHearThat? is offline Precious Bodily Fluids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garrettpf View Post
    Wow, you are clueless. I give up.
    Another vote for "your wrong". You should give up.

If you can't discuss the topic without calling people names maybe you should stop posting. Especially when almost everything you've posted is 100% wrong.

BTW, do you have any experience or training in audio or science. Your debating with people who have degrees in Electrical and Audio Engineering with many years of proffesional experience in this field, not just a hobby.

Rockford/Denon 8250
    Hifonics NX880
    Alpine MPR450
    CDT CL61-IEK
    CDT 6X
    Elemental Designs 11kv.2
    KnuKonceptz
    Optima Yellow and Red Top
    130 Amp alternator

garrettpf is offline has large member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

You ever listen to someone explaining something when you know they are wrong and you feel embarrassed for them? Well that is how I feel for you guys. If someone tells you something, listen, digest and then do your own research. Read some books, do your own investigation into the truth.

As for helotaxi, I feel sorry for him. First he says that the similarity between crystals ends once they become crystals? Then he mentions congruence. Well, when something, any thing and everything transforms from a liquid to a solid it crystallizes. Crystallizations is just that, from a liquid to a solid. Everything that turns from a liquid to a solid is similar in the fact that it forms a crystalline structure. Congruence has absolutely nothing to do with crystallization as no crystal is the same (they are non-congruent).

With that, everything that turns from a liquid to a solid will form crystals of different sizes depends on the rate they are cooled. This is why I mention testing the theory with water. And as I will try to explain below (and is not even mentioned in the posted link) the crystalline structure will change the electro-mechanical properties (as explained in the linked post… to a point. But there is a lot more to it).

BTW, when you bend a wire you do not deform the crystal structure. When you cut a wire or heat it to austenite you do, of course. And there is a difference in the electrical flow properties of a metal composition that is ductile and one that is brittle. Don’t just agree or disagree, do the research your self or even test the theory.

Now the forum post linked earlier is a good read. However, it only states the mechanical properties of wire. He makes no mention at all of the chemical or molecular structure of metal and the difference it makes on the mechanics of the electrical flow properties. I would assume he probably knows there is a lot more involved, but his agenda is to disprove not actually teach. I would have loved to post to the thread but I am sure, as is here, I would just be wasting my time with someone that has only done a little research or simply read something on the internet.

Me, I like to learn. When I want to know what makes electricity flow, I read, a lot. When I want to know why my computer runs faster when it is cool, or how the properties of the molecules change the electrical flow under different stresses (ie: hot or cold), I read, a lot.

So, you guys can call me an idiot all you want. You can agree with helotaxi all you want (even though I proved him wrong). Or you can digest what we all say and investigate yourself. And unless you yourselves have done research into how electricity flows through metal, down to a molecular level, I would stay out of the conversations.

Now, if someone tells you that the sky is blue because of the sun or that grass is green because of chlorophyll, do you want to just repeat what you hear or do research as to how it actually happens. Me I like to learn.

Usefull and insightfull forum help from:
    Quote Originally Posted by headless View Post
    LOL...garrett, i think you are the stupidest mother[bleep]er i've ever seen on this site. I'd add your idiocy to my sig, but it's so long and drawn out it'd take 20 lines to properly indicate your stupidity. Consider yourself lucky you can't say anything without writing 20 lines of bull[bleep], and be proud that you are now vaunted to the halls of fame with TEAM HAMMER and bdawson72.

FoxPro5 is offline Causal wanderer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Marketing.

n2audio is offline OPTIDRIVEN

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

garrett, your sad attempts to baffle us with your bullshit about the grains structure of copper are one - retarded, and two - completely beside the point.

With absolute certainty, and without question, there is no possible way you can hear grain structure --- none whatsoever.

Keep dreamin', spending your money frivolously, and have a great time doing it.
    MOST of us, who are much less fortunate than you seem to be will continue to flounder in little ol' reality

Good luck finding some place that lacks all common sense for you to pour out your ignorance to.

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garrettpf View Post
    Now the forum post linked earlier is a good read. However, it only states the mechanical properties of wire. He makes no mention at all of the chemical or molecular structure of metal and the difference it makes on the mechanics of the electrical flow properties. I would assume he probably knows there is a lot more involved, but his agenda is to disprove not actually teach. I would have loved to post to the thread but I am sure, as is here, I would just be wasting my time with someone that has only done a little research or simply read something on the internet.
    You completely failed to comprehend the information provided in that thread.

ultimate157 is offline Engineering Student

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Copper has a cubic crystal structure. It is the particular variation (face centered cubic) that gives it it's extreme ductility so that you can bend a wire into really sharp curves. Aluminum, silver, and gold among others have the same crystal structure. Bending a copper wire work hardens it which introduces defects known as dislocations into the structure. These defects interfere with further deformation and make the copper hard and strong so it is not easily rebent
    Even if you were able to slow-cool a wire into a single crystal, the instant that wire is bent, the single crystalline structure is no more. In order for the structure to remain perfect, it would have to be infinitely rigid.

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6
    Source: Pioneer 880 PRS *Active
    Tweeters: Soon to be Hat Imagine
    Midrange: Soon to be Hat Imagine
    Sub: 15" SSA Icon
    Box: 2.5^3 Sealed
    Amp: Soundstream Tarantula 2kW

Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278169

ctt0002 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't care how good of a sq a pair of $5,000 speaker wire is, i will never buy it. I don't even think the richest people out there would even think of paying that much for speaker wires.

2004 Lexus GX470
    21% tint on front windows
    2 12" JBL in a sealed box
    PA3000ab amp
    ML system
    Factory Nav and RSE

Quote Originally Posted by Ken448 View Post
    scooters are like fat chicks. Fun to ride until your friends catch you on one

ultimate157 is offline Engineering Student

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctt0002 View Post
    I don't care how good of a sq a pair of $5,000 speaker wire is, i will never buy it. I don't even think the richest people out there would even think of paying that much for speaker wires.
    Then you haven't heard anything about the crazy nutjobs in the Home Theatre Audiophile "community"

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6
    Source: Pioneer 880 PRS *Active
    Tweeters: Soon to be Hat Imagine
    Midrange: Soon to be Hat Imagine
    Sub: 15" SSA Icon
    Box: 2.5^3 Sealed
    Amp: Soundstream Tarantula 2kW

Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278169

oldschoolboomer is offline Premium Member oldschoolboomer is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haunz View Post
    Who is saying one fet is better then another ?

You may find many measurable differences in the output signal from different amplifiers... and no doubt a mac would test better then a profile.... but it's been shown time and time again through scientific ABX testing that there is no audible difference between amplifiers driven below the point of clipping...

/thread
    yeah...what he said...

refs: hundreds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate157 View Post
    Even if you were able to slow-cool a wire into a single crystal, the instant that wire is bent, the single crystalline structure is no more. In order for the structure to remain perfect, it would have to be infinitely rigid.
    This of course is refering to a single strand wire. Stranded wire is different. If you take a coat hanger and bend it back on itself and then try to bend it back the angle you bent is hardened and will not bend back very easly. That is work hardening. As for a stranded cable you would have to work alot harder to work harden it.

just goes to prove that you guys are talking out of your asses with out actually doing any research into what you cut and paste I would also assume that noone here has ever done ABX testing yourselves. Instead they really on what someone else tells them to be true.

Have you guys herd[sic] that the government blew up the trade centers.

[/end] dealing with children that do not care to learn.

LOL...garrett, i think you are the stupidest mother[bleep]er i've ever seen on this site. I'd add your idiocy to my sig, but it's so long and drawn out it'd take 20 lines to properly indicate your stupidity. Consider yourself lucky you can't say anything without writing 20 lines of bull[bleep], and be proud that you are now vaunted to the halls of fame with TEAM HAMMER and bdawson72.

headless is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL...garrett, i think you are the stupidest mother****er i've ever seen on this site. I'd add your idiocy to my sig, but it's so long and drawn out it'd take 20 lines to properly indicate your stupidity. Consider yourself lucky you can't say anything without writing 20 lines of bullshit, and be proud that you are now vaunted to the halls of fame with TEAM HAMMER and bdawson72.

Eclipse CD7000 - RioCar Empeg 3
    Rainbow Powerline CS 275.27 / Arc Audio 4150 XXK (Woofers) - Arc Audio 2100 XXK (Tweeters)
    Rainbow Vanadium 12 x2 / Arc Audio 1500 XXK
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAM HAMMER
    Your so full of Crap! The last place you want a Midbass or Sub is in front of you Retard Whens the last time you seen a 12in+ sub up front?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdawson72
    Technically, bigger wire has more resistance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Hurray for me.

And what other scientific facts do you have to prove what you have just said. Oh wait, you have nothing else to add other then bullshit. go figure

This is obviously the wrong sight to have a discussion as such. With morons like you adding what you have above with out actually adding anything insightful.

****ing moron lmao. There, I too can speak like you. Add that to your sig Oh wait, you can't add anything to your sig since you really don't know if what i am saying is true or not

Thanks man, that makes me feel pretty good

helotaxi is offline Kilroy was Here

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You completely fail to grasp that compared to a single atom of copper, the finest wire possible is a very thick wire. As soon as you bend that one strand, you work harden the piece and that "single crystal" that someone foolishly vaunted so highly, is no more. Putting a bunch of fine wire together doesn't change this one bit. It's less likely to break than a single larger strand because the stresses on it aren't as extreme (but crimp a fine stand of wire and try to straighten it back out and you'll see that I'm right), but the work hardening and dislocations are occuring nonetheless.

You also completely missed my point about similarity and congruence. That text book used water->ice as an example of crystalization because it's one that people can relate to and is "similar" to how some metals crystalize. The analogy is not congruent with the way that a metal crystalizes though and that is what to completely failed to grasp.

The other thing that you have totally missed is that the molecular structure of the wire entirely determines its electrical properites. The fact that you don't understand that basic reality baffles me.

You really should just quit cause at this point you're obviously out of your depth.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Life's tough...it's even tougher when you're stupid.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

User Tag List