Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need advice on amp set-up (1 or 2)?

wareagle72 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need advice on amp set-up (1 or 2)?

Option 1) 2 channel amp for front components. Let the Head Unit power the rear fill and buy a another amp for the subwoofer (single 10" or 12")

Option 2) Tri-mode amp to power the front components and sub and let the HU power the rear fill

Option 3) Four channel amp to power front components and rear fill and another amp to power the sub

Option 4) 5 channel amp to power the whole system

I drive a Chevy Tahoe so do you think my alternator can handle (2) amplifiers? I have ordered a Nakamichi CD-400 (with the sub out) and wonder if it is of any value.

Thanks

mamey69 is offline Quiero Cerveza!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need advice on amp set-up (1 or 2)?

Originally posted by wareagle72
    Option 1) 2 channel amp for front components. Let the Head Unit power the rear fill and buy a another amp for the subwoofer (single 10" or 12")

Option 2) Tri-mode amp to power the front components and sub and let the HU power the rear fill

Option 3) Four channel amp to power front components and rear fill and another amp to power the sub

Option 4) 5 channel amp to power the whole system

I drive a Chevy Tahoe so do you think my alternator can handle (2) amplifiers? I have ordered a Nakamichi CD-400 (with the sub out) and wonder if it is of any value.

Thanks
    I think you can go with the option 1 if the subwoofer handles to much power but if itps a small one (like 200-300rms) you can do good with option 2...

Closed Thread