I've hooked up several amps before but right now i am having a bit of a problem. I am currently waiting for my wife to get home (she has my car) and in the meantime i'd figure i'd post the problem before i fully diagnose it, just incase i cant fix it on my own.. I just got a 2003 corolla about a month ago and i was installing my new alpine 8915 in it.. i got the deck to work just fine.. THen i decided since it was only 9 pm (lol) that i could go ahead and install my amp and sub (revo 1600 and brahma 12). So i ran the power down one side and the rcas and remote down the opposite side of my car.. I had trouble locating a good ground that i could get to, but i found a bolt on a brace on the back seat.. the brace goes to a bolt that goes to the chasis i believe.. So i ground it there.. Its really odd what happens though.. I checked it with a multimeter after hooking it up and it gave out 12.5 volts.. Then later while the amp was on the amp went into protect mode i think (the red light was on) and the voltage reading said like 2 or 3 volts.. I thought mabye i had seen soemthing wrong to begin with and that the voltage never was 12+ but then when i turned the car off and back on awhile later the voltage was 12.5 but the amp went into protect mode and there was little voltage at the amp again ... I'm confused.. any ideas? I should have just waited till today to do the rest of the install i jsut couldnt wait...