Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine MRP-M500, just ordered mine

ronjon228 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alpine MRP-M500, just ordered mine

As the title says, I just ordered an Alpine MRP M500. Looking forward to installing this in my car and doing some carpet and/or paint work on my amp rack. In general I just wanted to see if anyone has this amp and get some opinions. From what I've read, it seems that Alpine puts out quality amps and this one is no exception.

I'm using 2 Pioneer 305's right now, but will be going down to 1 so I can run a 2ohm load to the amp. 500w RMS should be plenty for the one 305 I should think. I'll be interested to see how it turns out. My amp rack right now is blocking a bunch of sound from the trunk so the rear speakers will have to go. I've already omitted them from the audio loop, so just need to physically take them out now. This should allow more bass into the cabin. It's totally sealed right now, and while I like the "punchy" sound, with only 1 sub it may just be muted too much.

On another note, I'm going to be selling all my current stuff (minus the 1 sub and the RSD's) to make way for new amps. I'm looking to pick up another MRP amp, most likely the F300. Anyone have experience with this or similar Alpine 4-channels? I'd like to go matching amps this time.

Thanks for any input in advance. I'll snap some shots of the amp and the install work once I get it in, and do the work on the rack.

- Source Unit -
    Pentium 4 1.8GHz
    Intel mobo w/integrated video
    512MB DDR
    SB Live powered by Kx w/full DSP control
    180GB HD (1x20GB OS, 1x160GB Media)

- Audio Hardware -
    Front stage: PG RSD 65cs Comps @ 80Hz - 24db slope (HP), drivers in the door, tweets in the sails
    Sub stage: Pioneer 12" 305DVC @ 80Hz - 24db slope (LP), sealed ~ 1.5 cube (net) in the trunk
    Comp amp: PPI Sedona APA630IX
    Sub amp: Alpine MRP-M500

ronjon228 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alpine MRP-M500, just ordered mine

Anyone?

- Source Unit -
    Pentium 4 1.8GHz
    Intel mobo w/integrated video
    512MB DDR
    SB Live powered by Kx w/full DSP control
    180GB HD (1x20GB OS, 1x160GB Media)

- Audio Hardware -
    Front stage: PG RSD 65cs Comps @ 80Hz - 24db slope (HP), drivers in the door, tweets in the sails
    Sub stage: Pioneer 12" 305DVC @ 80Hz - 24db slope (LP), sealed ~ 1.5 cube (net) in the trunk
    Comp amp: PPI Sedona APA630IX
    Sub amp: Alpine MRP-M500

scodo68 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alpine MRP-M500, just ordered mine

I have the little brother of your amp the mrp-m200 and it has worked well for me.

Closed Thread