Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Reload Thread: Am I doing something wrong with this sundown

  1. #1
    NE14MX's Avatar
    NE14MX is offline Finish the Drill



    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Georgia
    Age
    45
    Posts
    375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Am I doing something wrong with this sundown

    I have a sundown 1000D running a 12 inch sub wired to 1 ohm. It's all hooked up but the LP x-over seems to have little effect on the speaker frequency output. I can hear voices and it sounds full range no matter where I put the setting. I hooked the sub up to my comp amp and the LP worked fine. I would normally consider it a defective amp but I had the same problem with another arc amp I had and it seems too coincidental. I'm using an Alpine 9553 HU. I'm trying to think of anything else to try before I have to send it back. Any ideas?







  2. #2
    lostdaytomorrow's Avatar
    lostdaytomorrow is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Loc
    Posts
    1,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Am I doing something wrong with this sundown

    My Nine.1 did the same thing, had to send it back.



    References: Vitveet x2, massiveaudiocw, n00b, darren700, Beerdrnkr, brchd, Mr. C, Raamaudio, h8ter, cman9012, Millertime1028, Teamsubgopoof, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, DB_DRAG_SPL, ls2poweredgoat, RyanM923, Worstenemy453, Connersdad19, pickup1, wgsj_fortvalley, ellocojorge

  3. #3
    dman4486's Avatar
    dman4486 is offline Paid to Post



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central, SC
    Posts
    9,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Am I doing something wrong with this sundown

    if you are confident you are using the knobs correctly....send it back



    Auto: 96 honda passport 3.2L v6 4X4 5sp
    Big 3 pics--THE MAV--THE RSD's--MY VLX
    Rices Creek Pics

    Refs: Sold to; lilmaniac2, alexdbest2000, jshak07 Bought from; CJL

  4. #4
    lilmaniac2's Avatar
    lilmaniac2 is offline Ask Me about SI Mag V4!



    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Somewhere, Else
    Age
    27
    Posts
    15,929
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Am I doing something wrong with this sundown

    if two amps did the same thing, i'm 90% sure its an install issue




  5. #5
    bonesninja's Avatar
    bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Age
    42
    Posts
    14,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Am I doing something wrong with this sundown

    or just maybe you have the rca's hooked to the rear speaker out put and not subwoofer output?



    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

    after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

  6. #6
    bonesninja's Avatar
    bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Age
    42
    Posts
    14,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Am I doing something wrong with this sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2 View Post
    if two amps did the same thing, i'm 90% sure its an install issue
    exactly



    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

    after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

  7. #7
    tsenfw's Avatar
    tsenfw is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Norwalk, CT
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Am I doing something wrong with this sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by bonesninja View Post
    or just maybe you have the rca's hooked to the rear speaker out put and not subwoofer output?
    It shouldn't matter, he's trying to use the sub amps LPF. The LPF if basically the last filter the signal runs through before the sub. The LPF on the amp pretty much has to be the problem.




  8. #8
    Decado2's Avatar
    Decado2 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Virginia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Am I doing something wrong with this sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2 View Post
    if two amps did the same thing, i'm 90% sure its an install issue
    I was going to say that. All your amps cant possibly be broke.



    Whatever


    http://s10.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=57459



    Woke up this morning with a dead dog on me
    So I thought, "Huh - baloney!"

  9. #9
    dman4486's Avatar
    dman4486 is offline Paid to Post



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central, SC
    Posts
    9,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Am I doing something wrong with this sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by Decado2 View Post
    I was going to say that. All your amps cant possibly be broke.
    yes, but there is nothing that would bypass the lpf on the amp that is install related



    Auto: 96 honda passport 3.2L v6 4X4 5sp
    Big 3 pics--THE MAV--THE RSD's--MY VLX
    Rices Creek Pics

    Refs: Sold to; lilmaniac2, alexdbest2000, jshak07 Bought from; CJL

  10. #10
    tsenfw's Avatar
    tsenfw is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Norwalk, CT
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Am I doing something wrong with this sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by dman4486 View Post
    yes, but there is nothing that would bypass the lpf on the amp that is install related
    Exactly. Unless, can a bad ground on an amp cause it to act screwy like that?




  11. #11
    Decado2's Avatar
    Decado2 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Virginia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Am I doing something wrong with this sundown

    True!



    Whatever


    http://s10.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=57459



    Woke up this morning with a dead dog on me
    So I thought, "Huh - baloney!"

  12. #12
    Decado2's Avatar
    Decado2 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Virginia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Am I doing something wrong with this sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by tsenfw View Post
    Exactly. Unless, can a bad ground on an amp cause it to act screwy like that?
    Bad grounds at the amp you mean? I have had bad grounds but all they did was make the amp cut off.



    Whatever


    http://s10.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=57459



    Woke up this morning with a dead dog on me
    So I thought, "Huh - baloney!"

  13. #13
    lilmaniac2's Avatar
    lilmaniac2 is offline Ask Me about SI Mag V4!



    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Somewhere, Else
    Age
    27
    Posts
    15,929
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Am I doing something wrong with this sundown

    i would check the rca's , maybe even run a set directly off the back of the hu and above the interior directly into the amp just to eliminate anything there

    also try different grounds, hell maybe even try other knobs on the amp and you may have something funky there, this is just what i would do troubleshooting it as 2 amps doing the same thing would make me suspect install issue


    try the amp in another car and see what happens




  14. #14
    Famous_78's Avatar
    Famous_78 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Clinton
    Posts
    1,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Am I doing something wrong with this sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by Decado2 View Post
    Bad grounds at the amp you mean? I have had bad grounds but all they did was make the amp cut off.
    They will cause a ground loop also leaving feedback thru the subs.




  15. #15
    dman4486's Avatar
    dman4486 is offline Paid to Post



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central, SC
    Posts
    9,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Am I doing something wrong with this sundown

    Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2 View Post
    i would check the rca's , maybe even run a set directly off the back of the hu and above the interior directly into the amp just to eliminate anything there

    also try different grounds, hell maybe even try other knobs on the amp and you may have something funky there, this is just what i would do troubleshooting it as 2 amps doing the same thing would make me suspect install issue


    try the amp in another car and see what happens
    that's what i would do



    Auto: 96 honda passport 3.2L v6 4X4 5sp
    Big 3 pics--THE MAV--THE RSD's--MY VLX
    Rices Creek Pics

    Refs: Sold to; lilmaniac2, alexdbest2000, jshak07 Bought from; CJL

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum