Closed Thread

Reload Thread: amp stuck in protect

chrismw is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

amp stuck in protect

hello can anyone please help me? just bought a new amp. it is a 2 channel bridgable amp. hooked it up 1 sub to each channel, worked fine. thought I'd try to run my subs in a series and bridge them to see if it would make any differance. because my 10" subs are rated 400 continous rms and the amp is 2000 watts and its specs said it was 2*5oow rms @ 4 ohm 2*1ooow rms max. so I thought it could handle it maybe being a larger amp. oh 2 subs are single voice coil 4 ohm. well bridging my speakers then sent my amp into protect. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the amp 5 and more times trying to reset the amp so it will go out of protect mode. I have also went over my wires checking for shorts and to make sure I'm getting good connectionns to everything. can't seem to find the problem. everytime I power the amp it bumps for about 2 seconds or less and goes straight to protect. the trouble shooting in my new amps pamphlet said that happens do to shorts in the speakerwire. I've tried new wires and even powered up the amp without any speakerwires connected and it still reads protect. Does anyone please have any advice for me before I have to box it up and send it back I bought it new over the internet from a store and we all know that it will be eternity before I will get it back from them. help please thanx

Millertime1028 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: amp stuck in protect

Sounds like some of the output transitors may have fried . Had the same exact thing happen with my JL amp . DAAMPS.com fixed it right up for me

Closed Thread