Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Amp(s) for 2 15" Fi Q's? Need Help

Well, I'm having some trouble deciding what to use to power these. I'm going to be running these in a ported box, not sure of size yet, planning on making measurements and buying everything this weekend. As provided by Fi, RMS is 1000, but i've heard they will do find off of more or less. I'm basically looking for a 2000RMS amp that will make these things hit hard, or even 2 1000's, whatever works. Also, it doesn't need to be exactly 1000 or 2000, 1200, 2500, whatever works. Price range right now is 800-1000 for the pair, less money is always good though. Let me know if this is impossible on my budget as well if you'd be so kind

I've been searching all day on Fi 15" Amp recommendations and have been coming across these quite a bit :

Hifonics BXi 2006D

Soundstream PCA3500D

Soundstream PCA2000D

Any recommendations are welcome, Right now i'm stumbling through the dark in these amps and have no idea which are good and whatnot.

Thanks a lot for helping me out, I'm just starting to get into car audio as my friend bought some Fi 18's and loves them, figured i'd give them a shot. I also hear they are **** good speakers for the price.

Thanks again!

lostdaytomorrow is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: Amp(s) for 2 15" Fi Q's? Need Help

What VC Config?

Kicker 2500.1 might be a good choice.

References: Vitveet x2, massiveaudiocw, n00b, darren700, Beerdrnkr, brchd, Mr. C, Raamaudio, h8ter, cman9012, Millertime1028, Teamsubgopoof, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, DB_DRAG_SPL, ls2poweredgoat, RyanM923, Worstenemy453, Connersdad19, pickup1, wgsj_fortvalley, ellocojorge

SeanDub is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

strapped SAZ-1500Ds?

Deck: Pioneer Premier 880 w/ iPod
    In-dash: AudioControl Epic-150
    Sub: Digital Designs 9515e/f Dual 1.0
    Amp: Atomic 5000.1 @ 0.5 ohm
    Box: 3.85 @ 36 hz with 66 sq in of port

Refs: fwb_1234, Hopes Audio, Louisiana_CRX, astrolade, nhustlar, teamquakecelica, walkychalky, negative3five, TypeRBass, jblanford (x2), massiveaudiocw, KnOkIn It 420, hoss, xtremebassjunky, trow100, MillzThaYungin, IonSQL, matrxx dude, yunvme666, vitveet, PWNED, Team H&K, jk32sho

lostdaytomorrow is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Also, what electrical do you have planned?

References: Vitveet x2, massiveaudiocw, n00b, darren700, Beerdrnkr, brchd, Mr. C, Raamaudio, h8ter, cman9012, Millertime1028, Teamsubgopoof, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, DB_DRAG_SPL, ls2poweredgoat, RyanM923, Worstenemy453, Connersdad19, pickup1, wgsj_fortvalley, ellocojorge

x2o
    x2o is offline Fuzzy Blue Lights

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

As for electrical : 240 Amp Alt, solid electrical work, should be fine.

As for VC : Haven't bought the subs yet, so anything is possible but will most likely go with dual 1's although if i find a nice amp @ 2 ohms i will go dual 2.

I'm looking into the amps suggested above, thanks guys

x2o

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Also will be doing the Big 3 once i get all my stuff in.

Andrew12 is offline Honda.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

**** man lol, with 800-1100 you have quite the options. RF T20001bd, Kicker zx2500.1 and even a Sundown 3k if you know how to control it. I wish I had those options lmao. Autotek makes solid amps too for the low $$$

Bought from: Abell255, chaunb3400, justadork2u, massiveaudiocw, 3kracing, sundownz, terra
    Sold to: Headshothills, Stevey hustle, djeazie, LDW3RD, trailz516
    Traded with: cd6551

1999 Nissan Maxima GLE
    Pioneer
    Sundown Audio
    Audioque
    Zapco
    Hybrid Audio

x2o

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Haha Andrew thanks for the reply and the reassurance i can afford what i need I wasn't sure if i could cut it, first time getting some serious audio so didn't know how much to save, guess i over saved? :P Whatever, the bigger the better. I heard the sundowns were VERY good, but only 2 people in south florida have them that compete and I'm really not sure if i'm ready to make such a huge step into the spotlight with my first system, i can already hear the people complaining i just started and have a good system and whatnot and don't even know how to use it. That's how people around here are :\.

Thanks for all those suggestions though, I also need some advice on electrical, would i beable to run this with a 140 amp alternator, the big 3, regular battery? Would i need a yellow top, or a 240 amp alternator?

In the above post i said i had a 240 amp alternator, I do own it but it isn't installed and If it's not 100% needed i wouldn't mind selling it for a chunk of change.

Thanks! Looking into those amps now, so far the Kicker ZX2500.1 looks the best to me, it's very efficient and puts out 2500 amps at 2 Ohms!? Seems very good for only 700$

EDIT : Also, can anyone tell me an estimated efficiency rating for the kicker zx2500? I've looked everywhere but can't find one
    Last edited by x2o; 11-10-2007 at 08:57 PM.

x2o

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bump, would like to know at least about the electrical questions asked above

Andrew12 is offline Honda.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

The bigger alt. is always the better idea for a daily car. You could even go smaller if need be. A 200 amp on that zx2500.1 w/ a second battery in the rear would be suffice. Looks like youre picking out some nice equipt. for your first system. Also, I don't have any numbers or anything to back it up, but that zx2500 is def. one of them more efficient amps in that power range. Learn from my mistakes though and go ahead and take care of your charging/electrical system before you dive into your boomin' system. If you get the zx2500, you're going to need dual 2 subs

Best of luck
    Drew

Bought from: Abell255, chaunb3400, justadork2u, massiveaudiocw, 3kracing, sundownz, terra
    Sold to: Headshothills, Stevey hustle, djeazie, LDW3RD, trailz516
    Traded with: cd6551

1999 Nissan Maxima GLE
    Pioneer
    Sundown Audio
    Audioque
    Zapco
    Hybrid Audio

alxmlr789 is offline 6>5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by x2o View Post
    Haha Andrew thanks for the reply and the reassurance i can afford what i need I wasn't sure if i could cut it, first time getting some serious audio so didn't know how much to save, guess i over saved? :P Whatever, the bigger the better. I heard the sundowns were VERY good, but only 2 people in south florida have them that compete and I'm really not sure if i'm ready to make such a huge step into the spotlight with my first system, i can already hear the people complaining i just started and have a good system and whatnot and don't even know how to use it. That's how people around here are :\.

Thanks for all those suggestions though, I also need some advice on electrical, would i beable to run this with a 140 amp alternator, the big 3, regular battery? Would i need a yellow top, or a 240 amp alternator?

In the above post i said i had a 240 amp alternator, I do own it but it isn't installed and If it's not 100% needed i wouldn't mind selling it for a chunk of change.

Thanks! Looking into those amps now, so far the Kicker ZX2500.1 looks the best to me, it's very efficient and puts out 2500 amps at 2 Ohms!? Seems very good for only 700$

EDIT : Also, can anyone tell me an estimated efficiency rating for the kicker zx2500? I've looked everywhere but can't find one

I think it pulls up to 300amps (if im not mistaken).

I had one on a 140a amp alt with an optima YT, and i never dropped below 13.

Also, you can find a good price on these, they are around 500 used on here, at least that is what i sold mine for.

Bought: Tweet02 (x2), bjfish11, pboulos(x3), baseballer1100, ibanender, Duece212, gitusum, jmanjr, Dalucifer, KPR10is, Megalomaniac, oxsign, jmanpc, hoss, 2002xlt, mobeious
    Sold: Mike dressure, Dejawiz, Lax916, Calikid, 88irocZ, lammy, Oxsign, Jblanford, JohnnyBASS, Rocky 59, Megalomaniac, tRdoc, 350_regal, oxsign, sundownz, dont smoke crack, Good*bad*Ugly*, ryanroma, 96TL, VQ35max, Deuce212, darkist240sx, Jhughes, SPY, Gongos, 04silverz, SirJoseph8989, Theothermike (x2), sgdenny, mgbcs, uncfanforlife07, NMBR1SPT, Nukeitall (x2), glasjaw, NeedDirections
    Traded: Rtilaree, mike dressure, megalomaniac, wheeler

Feedback thread = http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224101

x2o

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

to Andrew : Yeah, I saw the sub puts out 2500w @ 2ohms so i'd have to go with the dual 2.

to Alx : thanks for the personal experience, helps out a bit. I will be getting a new YT once I purchase my equipment, I figure the 150-180 on the battery is worth it if it means I will be able to run without clipping. As for the looking on the forums for sale for the amp, I'll be sure to do that, maybe save some money

Thanks guys!

Any other info / comments from the people here at CA?

Silverbane is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wold suggest strapped Sundown SAE-1000D's.

Authorized Canadian RD Audio Rep/Distributor
    Authorized Canadian Sundown Audio Rep/Distributor

No system currently in the civic.

x2o

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbane View Post
    I wold suggest strapped Sundown SAE-1000D's.
    I was looking into this but with the 1500d's. But I'm not sure if 3k watts would be too much. Would the Fi Q's handle this? And would this be better than the Kicker?

mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1169 Post(s)

I like the 1500D's with the gains down a little and room to grow if/when you decide to. Run them strapped at 2ohms now and perhaps at 1ohm in the future if you get different subs.

Also the fact that only 2 people have them around you is even better IMO...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Tag List