Kind of long post, please bear with me (newbie here)...
I am looking for
- good multi-channel amp form my car (5 channel)
- pair of good speakers for front, probably components w/ crossover
- single 10" or 12" sub for the back
Questions about amp:
what are some good 5 channel amps? I am considering
- Kenwood eXcelon X650D (4 X 60 + 1 X 150 I think)
- JL Audio 5/500 (2 X 100, 2 X 25, 1 X 250 I think)
- A/D/S six channel
- Phoenix Gold 5-channel
can you really get a good quality system with just one amp? I have 4X55 for fronts/rear + 2X90 for 2 8" subs in my other car, and it sounds quite good (front/rear are stock speakers). If I get a 5 channel with just one e.g. 200 watt sub (and e.g. 4X60 for front/rears) can it REALLY sound as good? I want similar volume/sound in each car.
If I can arrange space in my truck properly, I'm thinking two amps (a 4 ch and a good 1 channel) might be better, if only for better cooling. Difficulty is around the same (get a 4 ch with pre-amp out to feed sub amp).