Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Right amp for 2 MTX subs

Heresy is offline Going Against the Grain

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Right amp for 2 MTX subs

I just got 2 MTX Thunder4000 4 ohm 12' subs and built a custom box for them. I want to install them in my Suburban but have no idea what kind of amp and crossover combination to get. I also want to be able to add more components later if I have to. Above all, I need to be able they need to be affordable. So, if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

RMS=200 watts<br />total power handling=400 watts

NOTE: I have no idea what the hell I am doing. And know next to nothing on circuitry as my knowledge is limited to simple circuits.

Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum -- Vegetius

"I told her about my conversation three years ago with the political leader of Islamic Jihad in Gaza. "What's the difference between suicide, which the Koran condemns, and martyrdom?" I asked. "Suicide," he replied, "is done out of despair. But remember: most of our martyrs today were very successful in their earthly lives." In short, there was a future to live for--and they detonated it anyway."

Puff the dragon is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I recommend the MTX 8100D. It is 1500 watts but only costs $410 from <a href="http://www.carstereotime.com" target="_blank">www.carstereotime.com</a> plus you can add lots of **** to your system later on because it is so powerful. But why did you choose the 4000 series? They are horrible sounding at louder volumes.

don248 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if its cheap your looking for go to ubid.com i just bought a sony xplod 1000 watt amp for 49 bucks and it works great try bidding at the last second to get the best deals

Heresy is offline Going Against the Grain

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm looking at hooking them up to a Audiobahn A8001D 800w 1ch Class D Amp. Is this a good idea or is there something else that would substitute better? I can get Audiobahn amps cheap but I don't know the track record or how it will pair with the subs I have.

Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum -- Vegetius

"I told her about my conversation three years ago with the political leader of Islamic Jihad in Gaza. "What's the difference between suicide, which the Koran condemns, and martyrdom?" I asked. "Suicide," he replied, "is done out of despair. But remember: most of our martyrs today were very successful in their earthly lives." In short, there was a future to live for--and they detonated it anyway."

Closed Thread