this is part of my 18" subwoofer thread but i figured i would post up the question here since this would get more answers (amplifier and electrical questions in a subwoofer section doesn't work too good)
ok heres the issue. i got a used kx2500.1 rated at 2960w rms @ 2 ohms. my electrical is as follows
200a HO alt
big 3 with 1/0
everstart maxx 875cca / 750ca battery
1/0 wiring for the system
my problem is this. i have read from many many people that this amp will run @ 1 ohm daily. so i purchased 2 dual 1 ohm bl's wired down to 1 ohm (they sit at 1 ohm, even though fi said they were supposedly .7 ohm). i can listen to music all day long with moderate power levels. my eclipse is set to max out at 65, and i can listen to it at about 60 and still have the amp play. as soon as i go up, the amp cuts in and out of protect very quickly.
i checked my wiring and i have no voltage drops in the line at all. playing the subs to where they max out (before the amp cuts out) i have barley any voltage drops @ the battery (my 20.1 handled pulled more current but never shut off). all my wiring checks out, both sub load, and power and ground wires.
anyone have any idea what could be going on? is the amp just faulty? or am i missing something.