Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Was it a Bunch of BS

liwaj79 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was it a Bunch of BS

Ok this one guys at my local shop told me that the jl 500.1 pushing 3 he's would sound so great and that it is so efficient that it will sound better then the RF 800.2 will it or was it bs
    Also how are the Ma audio amps or any other ones than you very much

mrray13 is offline uz some fegbags

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i think it's bs. the jl is an awesome amp, underrated and everything. the rf amp ia also a great amp, underrated and all. however, i believe the 800.2 will be a little more powerful rms wise. i could be wrong, the x-factor are the subs impedence and what the amps can handle. you said "he",so your talking the svc model right? unless the jl will handle a lower impedence level, i think the fosgate wins here.

again i could be wrong! that's just my undereducated opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
    Your circles look like something a HMO doctor would do to a **** job ....
    ^^^ speaking about cbfryman's jigsaw ability

owner of Thread posts 11111 & 12345

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hey thanks for posting let me knwo what u think of the ma audio amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i don't have any experience with MA audio. i can't remember, but i believe i've seen here in the forum where they were okay. i'm the wrong guy for that question, sorry dude!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I have seen zane knock MA, but I could be wrong.

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    rockford rates their amps at 2 ohms and 14.4 volts... they under rate very little anymore as compared to the early mid 90's....... least i know this to be true about the punch line............

taylor is offline THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    any magazine that has tested the jl amps has never said anything bad about them, good sq, great power, but @ JL's rip off price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    to audiolife... i think the power series is rated the same way
    to taylor... is truly a ripoff price if it does more than it says? i don't believe i've ever seen or heard anybody knock jl (except the kicker vs jl speaker thing here in the forum and zane[jl] won that one to a certain degree). anyway, most say you get what you pay for,right? is quality worth the cost?etc,etc,etc....

liwaj79..either is a good amp, i think the rf is a little stronger(shi$, it's rated bigger to start with!)even if it's true to it's rating it's a stronger amp, unless the jl is just way seriously underrated. and it could be! someone with a little more jl experience here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i think its like comparing a turbo charged v-6 against a good v-8 ...... dont think he will go wrong either way. when it comes to something like this i usually tell a person go with their gut choice...... nothing will ever get to you more than changing your mind at the last second and (even if it is a minor difference between the two) wishing you went with your gut. the class d jl has power usage advantages vs. a class ab 800 though. meaning its a little easier on your car.

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thats one other thing that the guy told me that it was the most efficent amp and that the rf only gives you 800watts %20 of the time while the JL gives u 500 100% of the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah on power on demand wise ...but what i was talking about is an amp takes power to make power and a class d amp does this easier on your car than what the 800 would. if you only plan on adding a cap then the jl would prolly be better...depends on the car's alternator and battery but most of the time for the average user "easier on your car" is a good way to go. i sold an 800 to a kid with a grand am...needless to say it drained his electrical system pretty good. he could have had a bad alt or battery but on the flip side to this is if the amp needs more power a cap wont really help that much.....it is more of a stablelizer than a true power source in a common use. i know there be ways to say different but i am talking purely simplistic here (has seen 30 caps in a car before but what long term use is a cap if it doesnt get its power?) i would look at your alternator and see how much power it can spare unless you want to beef it up with more than a cap before i made my choice.

Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

MxRacerCam is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the 500/1 and LOVE it!

I just picked up the 500/1 (and a 300/4) and have to say that these amps are impressive!!! The 500/1's regulated power supply lets it put out it's full rated power (and then some) at real-world (i.e. stock electrical system) voltages. The on-board adjustments on the amps are enough to keep me tweaking for weeks. I have had no problems whatsoever with these amps. If you are looking for them cheap, look on ebay. I bought my 500/1 for $369.00.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the car electrical system part is something often over looked...and prolly the number 1 reason i suggest class d . course i dont think about it that way i have an ohio genorator 290 amp alternator and 4 svr batteries lol

Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

jtmoney is offline i DiDn'T dO iT!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As audiolife n all the others say --> JL is great but far too expensive for 500RMS amp. Rockford have always been a good, all round brand. Ive seen 800.2 birthsheet with 1300RMS, so these arent short of power. If JLs were half their price, Id consider them, but I think rockford's quality AND VALUE 4MONEY may suit some better

(ANYONE FROM JL PAYING ATTENTION TO THIS?????? EXMPLE - W7 - over $600 for the 13.5 version. $600 will but subs that are as good, even better in my opinion - IDMax, ECLIPSE DVC's, Shockers, DD, Crystal - u name it and youll still have $$$ to take yor girl out, get some cables, some new cds, custom made box - the list goes on. JL make good products but i think the years of research and staff costs are, as a result, passed onto the consumer = (

In england, JL importers are charging the equivalent of $1400 (not a mistake) for a W7, possibly cos of JL's US price and the way imprttax works over there. $1400 will buy you a system, not 1 sub!!!!!!!

NE1 ELSE AGREE OR AM I JUST A WHINING A$$??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    most shops will "wheel and deal" and you even have online to buy them...i seen the 500 going for 400 on line....i am not argueing your point that rockford is good and maybe some brands are over priced...i will agree about the w-7 i think its price tag is a bit steep as compared to the idmax....just like the idq woofers help their own against the w6's for less money....but you have to understand jl audio's marketing. it is set up for shops to make profit..they only want in quality stores and in turn the shops get a profitable, well know and demanded line. they all go hand in hand...they are in bizz to make money and the end result is a happy customer(although thinner pocket book). i work retail i have for years i also reped a line or two for a year. ok more than 2 lines but i understand how it all works. the shops need to put food on the table just like you and so does the people at jl. when they break a mold in a woofer that they cant get parts for by standard wooffer manufactures ...like eminence.. things become costly. eminence might even make the parts but again new machines were prolly needed.....yanno there be alot fewwer woofer manufacturers than you think... many "woofer" manufactures contract out. same with amps....when it isnt so able to be massed produced it becomes more costly. rockford was never affordable until they went into crutchfield and best buy..why? because they sell more and stores order more massed produced product. i know the power series stuff isnt in best buy but it frees money up to lower the overall price of the good stuff so they make their money in turn by selling more product at less profit. rockford and jl make money from selling to stores and the shops in return make money selling to u this is true in just about everything that is retail so i dont think i am giving away any trade secrets. and if jl and rockford all make their own parts so be it most dont .......but i will guarantee that the w 7 takes different machinery to build than a w3

Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast