Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Anyone Familar with Strapped Kicker KX1200.1's

I am just curious to see how these amps hold up when strapped together. I will be using two Kicker KX1200.1's strapped together @ 2-ohms on 2 Kicker 12L7s. Also, would the amps pull more current when strapped or if each were to be ran @ 1-ohm?

2001 Altima System:
    Alpine CDA-9855 (3Way Mode)
    Kicker Resolution RS6 Components (Active Setup)
    CDT Tweeter Image Enhancement Kit
    3 Ascendant Audio Arsenal 12's (Sealed)
    Kicker KX650.4
    Kicker KX1200.1 @ 0.67-ohm

My Video Thread

My CarDomain Rides

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    7 i am running the same setup as you, i have two kicker1200.1s and 2 kicker 12L7s
    the amps are strapped and perform awsome!! im figuring atleast 2,800 rms
    1400rms per amps, this setup i have in a vent box and it really punches ya in the chest it sounds great for only being a 2 sub setup feels like its more then to subs, but back to your post, I beleave the current draw is alot when strapped BUT all i did was add a 2nd battery to my electrical system and my light hardly dim at all but i hope this helped ya out.

james33440 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by qxfosgatesvt
    7 i am running the same setup as you, i have two kicker1200.1s and 2 kicker 12L7s
    the amps are strapped and perform awsome!! im figuring atleast 2,800 rms
    1400rms per amps, this setup i have in a vent box and it really punches ya in the chest it sounds great for only being a 2 sub setup feels like its more then to subs, but back to your post, I beleave the current draw is alot when strapped BUT all i did was add a 2nd battery to my electrical system and my light hardly dim at all but i hope this helped ya out.
    Thanks for the response...what awg wire are you using? Also, do you have any capacitors (I know that some don't think they do any justice)? Oh and one more thing, is your setup for daily driving and where are you gains set at on the amp? If you have some pics I would love to see them. Thanks again for the response.

2001 Altima System:
    Kicker KX650.4

My Video Thread

My CarDomain Rides

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if want to give me your email adress i will send pics when i get them developed
    i took them after i installed it all,
    im using 4awg power wire because the amps are only like 3 feet away from the 2nd battery so its not really a must have 0awg ,the only way you would want a 0awg for the setup is if the power wire has to travel from the front of the car where the cars main battery is to the amps in the trunk then i would say go with 0awg into a block and then like 2awg out to the amps but in my case my amps main power is only 3 feet away so theres no need for bigger wire, I use to have 2 1 fared caps but they didnt work to well so i added a 2nd battery and that was 100% better my lights barly dim, and im no longer running caps just the 2nd battery, yes i have this setup in my daily driver my bass boost
    is set at i think around 9 on each amp and the gain is around 75% up maybe a little less,
    and on the remote bass knob its only like on the 2nd line it is very loud setup you will be happy with it. so to give ya the final run down on what i did was:
    4awg from main battery under hood to 2nd battery in the trunk then 4awg out to the to 1200.1s and 8awg to the 300.4

james33440 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by qxfosgatesvt
    if want to give me your email adress i will send pics when i get them developed
    i took them after i installed it all,
    im using 4awg power wire because the amps are only like 3 feet away from the 2nd battery so its not really a must have 0awg ,the only way you would want a 0awg for the setup is if the power wire has to travel from the front of the car where the cars main battery is to the amps in the trunk then i would say go with 0awg into a block and then like 2awg out to the amps but in my case my amps main power is only 3 feet away so theres no need for bigger wire, I use to have 2 1 fared caps but they didnt work to well so i added a 2nd battery and that was 100% better my lights barly dim, and im no longer running caps just the 2nd battery, yes i have this setup in my daily driver my bass boost
    is set at i think around 9 on each amp and the gain is around 75% up maybe a little less,
    and on the remote bass knob its only like on the 2nd line it is very loud setup you will be happy with it. so to give ya the final run down on what i did was:
    4awg from main battery under hood to 2nd battery in the trunk then 4awg out to the to 1200.1s and 8awg to the 300.4
    You can send pics here when you get them done... [email protected]

2001 Altima System:
    Kicker KX650.4

My Video Thread

My CarDomain Rides

Closed Thread

User Tag List