Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Hifonics amp to push around 1000 watts each to 2 12" kicker L7's?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hifonics amp to push around 1000 watts each to 2 12" kicker L7's?

more than likely i want the amp to be hifonics because it's fairly cheap and a good brand.

The subs are both 2 ohm's each, and i want to run about 900 - 1000 watts to each sub.

both subs are going into a ported box, pretty sure this will bang the heck out of my jeep seeing how the single L7 i have already does with the Hifonics bx1205d amp.

thanks, let me know!!!

and i'm not good with the Ohm thing, so help on that would be nice too.

azraider is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hifonics amp to push around 1000 watts each to 2 12" kicker L7's?

Hifonics has the Brutus 2607D (2800 watts @ 14.4 volts, my understanding is around 1900ish @ 12 volts with a 1 ohm load) which will be available soon.
    2600 watt rating.

The new XXV Thor is also on its way which is around (3800 watts @ 14.4 and around 2800ish @ 12 volts @ 1ohm), again what I recall.
    3000 watt rating if I remember correctly.

That 2.4 volt difference really slams things down.

Real world will fall somewhere in between those ranges.

I would shoot @ the 12.75 - 13.50 volt area depending on the voltage sag when really driving @ transients, etc.

This was from (Mike S.) @ Hifonics who is on top of things.

Ask for him if you go to the maxxsonics web site and snag their number. He is in tech support / new product.

The Brutus line will do their rated power in a perfect world, but I would always discount the Brutus line output by around 20% of their rated power.

The XXV line (Thor, etc.) will do more than their rated power in a properly matched electrical system.
    Even @ 12 volts they will hit very close to spec.

They also are using a completely new board layout in the 2607D and the new XXV line has new software for the Class D chips, smaller, a much cleaner input stage and are made to be as dummy/abuse proof as possible....

My .03
    Last edited by azraider; 03-08-2007 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Corrections

Closed Thread

User Tag List