Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 4 volt HU/4 volt max amp gain

badazzDD is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 volt HU/4 volt max amp gain

Hey all.. question here.. if i understand correctly, you want to match your amp's gain to what your HU puts out at max, right? If so, how would you do this with an amp in which the gain is from say, 250mV to 4V .. and you are running the signal from a 4 volt pre-out.. i would think that you would not want to gain the amp all the way up to match. How would you do this?

Also, what about if your HU puts out more than the gain on the amp.. like, 6 or 8 V?

n2audio is offline OPTIDRIVEN

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was asked a similar question by someone else today. I researched a little and found a reply from (IMO) the most knowledgable car audio engineer on the planet.

Actually the person he's responding to was wanting to put a 10V signal to a 2V amp.

--------i'll let you answer this question instead-------does it hurt if you have too much money in your bank account--------just because its there do you have to spend it?????--------is it possible to write a check for less that what you have in the account--------the answer to all of these is the correct answer to YOUR question----------forget about it and enjoy your music.............

Just set your amp at 4v (or slightly less) and you should be good to go.

Closed Thread