Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Amp to power Alpine 10" Type X

Tiiimay is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amp to power Alpine 10" Type X

I'm looking to upgrade from my type R to an even better sub. i think im going with the type x instead of twin R's casue i done have much space in the back of my extended cab s10. But it needs 500-1000W RMS, what would be best to power that? i'm looking at a maybe doing two Kenwood KAC-8152D to power it. they do 500w rms per, but only 300w at 4 ohms. so that still doesnt seem like enough power. i dont know much as far as what brands are good and what are cheap POS when it comes to amplifiers. can anyone point me in the right direction?

type[s5] is offline Aspiring Car Audiophile

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Amp to power Alpine 10" Type X

As far as I know, 2000 watts is what you should be looking to power an X. This is in regards to the 12"s but I'm sure it's around the same for the 10"s, maybe 1500-2000. 1000 watts should be fine, nonetheless. How much you looking to spend on an amp? I can suggest some brands/models based on your budget.

1992 corolla sedan
    180 amp alternator, Excessive Amperage
    NO AMP RIGHT NOW!
    10" SSA Icon, 1.25ft^3 @ 35hz
    ^^138.7 @ 41hz^^

refs: xclusiv3, Blazemore

gl0ck is offline Makes things happen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by type[s5] View Post
    As far as I know, 2000 watts is what you should be looking to power an X. This is in regards to the 12"s but I'm sure it's around the same for the 10"s, maybe 1500-2000. 1000 watts should be fine, nonetheless. How much you looking to spend on an amp? I can suggest some brands/models based on your budget.
    I would NOT put more then 1300 watts to a 10" type X. Double Rms is not a good idea especailly with a sub like that.

2004 Pontiac GTO
    Beltronics-Viper-Spintech-Nitrous Express
    Kenwood Excelon-Incriminator Audio-Kicker SX- Eclipse-Secondskin

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i'll put around 300 into an amp. and now im looking more at the 12" cause i may as well go all out. Would a Hifonics Brutus 2400w be a good amp? i want this thing to blow away peoples twin 12 shity subs. the x peaks at 3000 and does 500-1000 rms. I'm still learning the tecnical aspects of how to pick the apropriate amp so i really apreciate your help guys. im going from a single type r 10 with a box i made and i love it but i always want more power.

type[s5] is offline Aspiring Car Audiophile

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiiimay View Post
    i'll put around 300 into an amp. and now im looking more at the 12" cause i may as well go all out. Would a Hifonics Brutus 2400w be a good amp? i want this thing to blow away peoples twin 12 shity subs. the x peaks at 3000 and does 500-1000 rms. I'm still learning the tecnical aspects of how to pick the apropriate amp so i really apreciate your help guys. im going from a single type r 10 with a box i made and i love it but i always want more power.
    You talking about the BXi2006? I think those go for around $300. Just as gl0ck said, 2000 watts would be overkill on a 10" X but if you do go the 12" route, that brutus will do fine.

1992 corolla sedan
    180 amp alternator, Excessive Amperage
    NO AMP RIGHT NOW!
    10" SSA Icon, 1.25ft^3 @ 35hz
    ^^138.7 @ 41hz^^

refs: xclusiv3, Blazemore

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wouldnt that over power the sub? it does 2000 rms and peaks at 4000, 1000 higher than the sub can handle.

Closed Thread